What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Kindness bho recovery unit

Hey all. Finally got the butane recovery bho unit up and running and dialed in, it took a year and a half to do.

I'm able to put about a qp of buds/trim in the long stainless tube, and I lose about 1/4-1/2 a can of vector butane per run instead of 3 cans for 90g of material. I recently helped out a friend trim hawiian thai and got to take all the trim home. Per run I'm able to get about an oz of nicely purged bho, again depending on the quality of trim. So I'm posting picts of the whole process, but I'm technically challenged so I have to post the picts a few at a time.

BTW hashmaster-kut I love the vapor swing you sent and now I have a ton of bho & even got my partner to start smoking hash oil where he used to avoid it... the swing makes it like smoking candy.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 18
More pictures of the recovery unit and the haul I got from 1 run. 28g of nicely purged hawiian thai bho, it has a very solid consistancy. But other batches I have run have turned out differently, and I did a breeding project recently, so all the plants are just de-seeded and the material run through the new extractor unit.

One of the runs, which was shishkaberry x ak-47 1 was very runny, no matter how long I purged, and the hawiian thai was very foamy before the purge, so the end product will only be as good as what you put in.

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 14

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
looks cool and everything, but tell me, was it worth the year and a half and all of the hassle to save a couple of bucks? these things kind of perplex me. unless you're straight up doing industrial size extractions, I can't imagine the added complexity to the process is worth the few bucks saved.

i do love the diameter of that tube though, how much trim can you fit in there?

I run through a massive amount of material a month, so yes, an industrial extractor is what I needed, and my partner is very handy and I have a milling lathe and a tig welder, and each can of butane is 8.50... I'd rather lose 1/2 a can of butane to run a 4oz run and get an oz of purged bho (great tim and buds used to beginn with) than 3 cans to run 90g of material.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
you need to find a better hook up on butane dude. I get vector for $4.50 a can. I get cases of King for $13. so per run no matter what kind of butane i use, it never costs me more than $30 in butane. I use mostly king, because I don't see any difference in quality compared to higher refinement, so generally it costs me no more than $5 per run of 5 oz. of material. that $5 turning into 20g of bho is fine with me.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More pictures of the recovery unit and the haul I got from 1 run. 28g of nicely purged hawiian thai bho, it has a very solid consistancy. But other batches I have run have turned out differently, and I did a breeding project recently, so all the plants are just de-seeded and the material run through the new extractor unit.

One of the runs, which was shishkaberry x ak-47 1 was very runny, no matter how long I purged, and the hawiian thai was very foamy before the purge, so the end product will only be as good as what you put in.

Nice job bro!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Hooketh me uppeth!

Hooketh me uppeth!

you need to find a better hook up on butane dude. I get vector for $4.50 a can. I get cases of King for $13.

Not for nothing bro, but I think you need to be dropping links like hot potatoes up in this hizzy. Where the F can I get some Vector for $4.50? Don't mind King either....so shake it loose brotha.

BTW: Nice job on the recovery unit DK. If I had the mechanical chops to do it myself I'd probably do it.....as it stands right now....I'll probably make the plunge and buy that Tasminium job sooner or later. That is unless you start manufacturing those jimmies! ;)

yeah, man! awesome dude. nice one bro. You must be a guy to be this smart ;)
Sorry couldn't help it. You even have Grey Wolf giving you props here.

Thanks for posting DK, this rocks. I am starting to get off the fence about using BHO... Slowly accepting it is not carcinogenic, and has lots of value and uses. Would love to learn more about what the vapor swing is, I'm super technically challenged. Is it a feature that can offer results to small batches? How does this vapor swing affect the results? Please excuse me if I'm not seeing the answer above somewhere.

Yum! ~MGD

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Not for nothing bro, but I think you need to be dropping links like hot potatoes up in this hizzy. Where the F can I get some Vector for $4.50? Don't mind King either....so shake it loose brotha.

BTW: Nice job on the recovery unit DK. If I had the mechanical chops to do it myself I'd probably do it.....as it stands right now....I'll probably make the plunge and buy that Tasminium job sooner or later. That is unless you start manufacturing those jimmies! ;)

my advice is befriend your local tobacco/cigar shop managers. make up some story about reselling them online, or having friends that use a lot of torches for small welding and soldering jobs. a lot of cigar shops around here have selections of glass and bongs now because we have MMJ here, so if you go to a shop like that maybe even be honest with the dude once you're friendly and such.

I've looked at the catalog for these distributors and such.. vector wholesales to them at $4.40 a can. so when I get multiple cases, a guy i know will just tax me a few bucks on them. if I get less than a case he charges me $5 a can. King I believe is $10.50 or so for a case wholesale to the shops.

So I just let the guy know when I need a few cases ordered and he adds it on to the shops normal order.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
yeah, man! awesome dude. nice one bro. You must be a guy to be this smart ;)
Sorry couldn't help it. You even have Grey Wolf giving you props here.

Thanks for posting DK, this rocks. I am starting to get off the fence about using BHO... Slowly accepting it is not carcinogenic, and has lots of value and uses. Would love to learn more about what the vapor swing is, I'm super technically challenged. Is it a feature that can offer results to small batches? How does this vapor swing affect the results? Please excuse me if I'm not seeing the answer above somewhere.

Yum! ~MGD

the vapor swing or curve as HMK calls his is a piece to vaporize the product with. you heat up a titanium pad and dab a bit of bho on it to vaporize it instead of combusting it.
picture.php

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I negotiated a sweetheart deal for any Oregon OMMP card holder at a shop on Sandy, in Portland, at $25 per 12 300ml can case for 4X Luceine. As you know they retail for about $3.95 per can.

I would recommend selecting promising local businesses and pointing out how much extra butane business that you can generate for them and the number of customers it will add, which are vulnerable to falling in love with other items while in their shop.

Once mine agreed, I used my forum presence to send copious business their way, so it developed into a win win for all involved. Attentive business owners appreciate win-win and can make the best of partners.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:

Trichgnomes

Wow! Great job. It's cool to see a recovery system seemingly come out of nowhere. Even though you've been designing it and whatnot for a year, to us, it's brand new!

Do you mind saying how much all in all you spent on parts? Very cool design :)

Way to get to work!

T

Tr33

nice DK.
something I look forward to making soon.

do you run all your waste products, stems...etc?

Latest posts

Latest posts