What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Members - Please Read This First!

Its a forum, we are supposed to use it like a library. You return and give back. We are the books! Be kind, as we are all neighbors !!! or family!!

LuvBuds

I am all about paying my dues...I have lots to learn, and I can't wait to see what all I can grow. Its going to be great to share my experiences. Hopefully y'all can help me not jack it all up.

Ramjet

Hello. First post. I just want to make a humble suggestion that you consider using join date (as an alternative to, or instead of, post count) as a metric for promoting registered members.

For example, I have been a registered member for going on 3 months now, but I still haven't made a single post (until this one). I have mostly been lurking and reading. Many of the questions I would ask already have answers available. I don't want to "spam" the forums, fill threads with meaningless fluff, or post questions that have undoubtedly been asked many times already, just to gain a few of the permissions I am hoping for.

In my opinion, a post count requirement seems like an invitation to people to increase the volume of noise, simply b/c they are trying to gain permissions.

I appreciate this forum. I am also aware that there is a pay-to-play/donate option that would grant me those permissions instantly, but I am not prepared to do that at this time. Especially as a newer member who hasn't really felt things out yet.

Thanks for listening.

westtexas

And yes I did a short post but was the most appropriate answer. I use the forum rarely to get information... Not that I know it all but am growing successfully in less time then most and have been told I'm not allowed to promote or tell about my nut. Plan... Was kicked off once for sharing about it so am believing some of the admin staff are pushing there own nut. System... I come on for news ad it tends to b more accurate than most.... Blessed be thee who partakes.

Vesnican

Hi guys, just a noob's question. What is the right subforum to post a grow report? Grow diaries, outdoor growing od vendor's subforum?

Vesnican

I'm sorry for stupid question. I just want to help to other growers while deciding if to try some particular strains I ran this season and I'm bit confused by so many subforums here..

Skip

Veteran
That was a good question, as we offer several options for grow reporting...

A grow diary is useful if you want to add info and get feedback during your grow.

A grow journal is useful if you want to keep all your grow journals together in one place. It offers several options for organizing your grow journals.

A grow report is a summary of your grow, after the fact, that stays permanently in the ICMag Strainguide

If you are doing a test for a vendor, then obviously you would use their forum to post the test results.

Vesnican

Thank you Skip! I think I will choose grow report, especially if I am going to present it retrospectively for this season.

Vesnican

I will not rather use the vendor's subforum, because I am not sure, if he would be really happy to hear about my results :-D

Vesnican

That was a good question, as we offer several options for grow reporting...

A grow diary is useful if you want to add info and get feedback during your grow.

A grow journal is useful if you want to keep all your grow journals together in one place. It offers several options for organizing your grow journals.

A grow report is a summary of your grow, after the fact, that stays permanently in the ICMag Strainguide

If you are doing a test for a vendor, then obviously you would use their forum to post the test results.

Skip I need your help again please. I have tried to submit my first grow report, I have filled in all relevant info related to the strain, but I am struggling to set as Strain picture one from my gallery, resp. how to link it from there. Thank you.

Last edited:
H

Hu73

Hi Skip, In a recent email I offered to donate seeds, was told to PM Old Pink and as a new member I'm not allowed to PM, so what to do? Also, I don't know what PM is, but would guess it might mean personal message. Anyway, like I said, I'm willing to contribute, have many seeds, most unopened, which I'll never have time to grow out. Don't have real rare ones as are mentioned in the forums but for example have: Carnival, Purple Haze#1, A11, A13, A13BX, Hawaiian Gold, Orient Express, Bangi, Panama, Nevil's and Mango Haze, etc. Peace, Hu73

Skip

Veteran
Hu, I've just PM'd Oldpink on your behalf. You may hear from him soon if your email is working. :)