What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Skunk 1

G

This is a sativa dom Skunk #1 freeby from Gypsy. It went 11 weeks in DWC under 600HPS in a 3'X3' space. Fed worm castings, Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom, Karma, and Cal Mag+. It was a pain to grow, very nute sensitive, but the smell is absolutely incredible! A little skunky at first, but very sweet and flowery when you put your nose to it.

I'm trying to reveg her...never thought she'd be this good or would have taken a clone.

I'll let you know final weight and how she smokes in a week or so...

DKF

G

man those are THE BEST skunk1 freebies ive seen in a lonnng time! since they were 1st given out.. dang. good job, bro. :yes:

Dr. D

Veteran
Very nice indeed..11 weeks flower time? i thought these beans were stable..
The TFD skunk#1 i grew out were like clones..i never grew anything so uniform....peace

KingRalph

wow! crazy pheno ya stumbled across there Dan. good luck reveggin her, by the looks o the trichome coverage it'll be well worth a try. awesome stuff, which gene do ya guys think came forward to show this pheno in the skunk?

G

i might just be stoned, but it looks like a purple thai or maybe even purple haze, but the bud structure just isn't quite "hazey". more or less thai than anything.. almost has a DJ-ish look to them. awesome find for sure. sheesh im still diggin this one.

natefrog

looks like the thai came thru to me...............beautimusful!...................i have 2 packs of those i never really planned on cracking............methink i should rethink.................nf

G

Out of 10 beans, this is the only plant to survive. I have one seedling left that I'm about to pull cause it's just yellow no matter what I do...more nutes=burn, less nutes=defecency....what a pain!

If this one survives reveg, I will put her clones in dirt and see if they do better than DWC.

DKF

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
It looks great Dank...You did a mighty fine job! I am curious tho...how did you feed worm castings to a DWC plant?

Dan K. Farmer said:
. It went 11 weeks in DWC under 600HPS in a 3'X3' space. Fed worm castings, Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom, Karma, and Cal Mag+.
DKF

G

Sunnyside: You can make tea then strain it, 1 part castings to 4 parts water.

Often, though, I just dump some castings in the water, or mix it in the net pot with my lava rock. Can't add too much really...

DKF

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
cool..thanks for sharing your techniques. Worm water would be the way to go... and just dumping would be when time is of the essence i assume lol. Have you grown without the WC? Did you see an increase in plant health when you started to use the WC? Thanks for answering all my silly questions. Again, nice plants!!

G

Sunnyside: This is my first DWC grow, so can't comment on how effective they are in hydro. I have always used them in my soil grows. Lots of good things in castings, and no way it will burn...will waterlog soil without lots of perlite though. I swear by them in soil.

You can buy hydro tea already mixed too, but I doubt it is any different than the home brew stuff. I usually mix it up in a big mason jar and let it sit for 24hrs or so and shake it a lot. I may or may not strain it at that point. I only strain it if I'm worried about clogging pumps, or I don't plan to change the water for a while...Otherwise in she goes! If the stuff sits too long brewing or in res water, algae takes over.

DKF

DankBank

Great looking pheno!!
A couple of things can be learned or at least reminded here.
#1. Never underestimate Gypsy's freebies.
I must admit that in the beginning, I assumed that G's freebies were probably crap & thus given away. Then I saw a few phenos of WYD. Okee dokee nevermind that first thought lol. While they might not normaly be any sort of elite, I've noticed over time that there's usually been careful thought and care taken behind just about any of those freebies he gives out.

#2. Never forget that amazing phenos are to be found in just about ANY strain. Each and every bean ever popped might just turn out to be the next elite strain. This possibility exists with just about any any bean... so pop ALL yer beans with butterflies in that stomach - cuz it's just like Forrest Gump said: "you never know...."

db

Last edited:
G

Thanks to all for the Kind words...

My new years resolution is to save this plant! I've got her under 24/7 light now along with an excptionally nice Magic Mystery plant...Gypsy's freebies have given me some stellar genetics! I will pass on some clones in the spring to some outdoor growers I know, thus fullfilling my karmetic obligation to spread the seed.

Total yield was about 2.5 Oz. No doubt yield will improve if I can get her growing more healthy than she did. I could see a pound from this girl outdoors!

She smokes real nice. Taste and smell are incredible, and high is very trippy. I found myself giggling a lot when smoking this stuff. It is definitely my new favorite...I love this pot! Can't wait to try it after some cure time. I still can't come up with a good way to describe the aroma...kind of skunky, but very sweet and floral...it just smells so great!

More pics:

Good one to enlarge!

DKF

G

Smokey: Embarassed to say I didn't...never thought a freeby Skunk would be so nice. As 90% of them were duds I guess I wasn't too far off for thinking that.

Trying desperately to reveg her now though...

Thanks for dropping in.
DKF

Last edited:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yah Mon!
I remember growin out them skunks!
Good stuff man! You should be finely rewarded!

Good grow!
Peace, bub

Dan K. Farmer said:
This is a sativa dom Skunk #1 freeby from Gypsy. It went 11 weeks in DWC under 600HPS in a 3'X3' space. Fed worm castings, Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom, Karma, and Cal Mag+. It was a pain to grow, very nute sensitive, but the smell is absolutely incredible! A little skunky at first, but very sweet and flowery when you put your nose to it.

I'm trying to reveg her...never thought she'd be this good or would have taken a clone.

I'll let you know final weight and how she smokes in a week or so...

DKF