What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canada - Beer + weed =

green404

I saw this yesterday on Fox news Denver. Seems legit. I doubt it would be beer, they just say "beverage".

Their is going to be some big grows to supply companies like Molson/Coors.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My buddy and I were brewing a batch of IPA. I had just made ice water hash. The bucket was fairly crystalized so I decided to ferment in that bucket for a hash IPA.

Turned out very good. Taste was spot on IPA with Cascade hops, citrusy, with a slight aftertaste of hash. Then I got really fucked up. No bueno. Was a strange racy paranoid high slash drunk. We tossed the rest.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are a few different things in the works.

Beer bereft of alcohol but infused or brewed to a mg/serving.

Beer brewed with cannabis to replace the hops, no THC and regular alcohol content.

And I think a regular beer infused with cannabis terpenes.

burmese

anyway beer is the strongest reactor with cannabis,,, then wine and last -hard alcohol
its very easy to become physicalli drunken and the same time clearheaded with only one beer and one weed puff

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
which one do 'we' want brother?

None?

Ah I'll probably try a few things out of curiousity.

There was that one time I went to a dispensary, I might as well give the legal system the same treatment.

I have heard of cannabis aged in wine or liquor barrels down Cali way. I imagine we'll see something from the wine community in the next few years. There are many similarities between the appraisal of each.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
anyway beer is the strongest reactor with cannabis,,, then wine and last -hard alcohol
its very easy to become physicalli drunken and the same time clearheaded with only one beer and one weed puff
Maybe for you.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm wondering if alcohol content (already regulated to what 6% (US)?)
will have to be less so that the two do not surpass the legal allowable level of heneebreeation..:biggrin:

Jonny Lan

I HAVE HEARD: Mixing alcohol and the together can cause problems for the brain doubt they will mix the two.

what y'all think?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think there will be mixing. How would they sell it? As far as I have read we'll have separate liquor and cannabis stores.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I HAVE HEARD: Mixing alcohol and the together can cause problems for the brain doubt they will mix the two.

what y'all think?
I'm living proof of what happens when one mixes the two..:wtf::bigeye:
1 of these and two of those.... a tequila here and there...:woohoo:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'll have/drink my beer natural. If I want a toot, I'll toot! IMO I doubt this idea will hit the stratosphere!

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My buddy and I were brewing a batch of IPA. I had just made ice water hash. The bucket was fairly crystalized so I decided to ferment in that bucket for a hash IPA.

Turned out very good. Taste was spot on IPA with Cascade hops, citrusy, with a slight aftertaste of hash. Then I got really fucked up. No bueno. Was a strange racy paranoid high slash drunk. We tossed the rest.

You mean like drinking the bong water in the morning? :biggrin:

I have a feeling up here in Canada Cannabis infused beer will be the next Zima or Chrystal Pepsi. A fad that will die out rather quickly and become a meme in no time. I think the whole cannabis beer thing has actually been around for a while, but has never gained a lot of traction. Maybe there is a reason, other than legal status. Cannabis and hops are in the same family, but I don't think that means that they will be the next chocolate and peanut butter. It will be interesting to see if the beer or wine products will be infused with psychoactive ingredients or just terpenes for taste and smell. I could also see some of the great craft distillers we have here in B.C. throw some weed into a vat and see what comes out. I'm thinking of gin, which is usually flavoured with botanicals, although the relatively tasteless nature of vodka might lend itself to some terpene infusion. I'll give it a go most likely, but I think I'll have a bucket nearby. I could see the spins developing pretty quickly.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You mean like drinking the bong water in the morning? :biggrin:

I've told this story before but damn it creeps me out still. So back in the day there was this scraggly guy everyone called Bay Rat. He hung out by the bay and mooched booze and drugs off people. He reminded me of a scrapper, showing up weekly to garages seeking scrap metal.

Well this crazy dude I knew would pour all our bong water into a milk jug. Bay Rat would show up like clockwork, grab his gallon of bong water and quickly chug it. He would then wobble off high as hell. How he didn't puke I chaulked up to experience. I almost did watching him.

Every week this crazy bastard would do this. We would be out of herb and that guy was probably higher than anyone. Ahhh still makes my skin crawl thinking about that nut job pounding that gallon of hot bong water.