What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Oh it's an anteater! The "pose" in the (small for me to discern) avatar picture made me think it was retouched!

Really cool looking creature, that's almost a "Hug me!" pose, also the giggling looks on this one :)

PandyFackler said:
Respect man I’m loving your current grow and can’t wait to see your outdoor.

Thank you! Respect! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the Thai Chi harvest PandyFackler :)

Thai Chi is a quite sexually firm strain for being a straight Thai hybrid.
Thai Chi can occasionally produce some bananas in very late flowering which are usually not fertile.

I haven't found any hermie trait in the Thai Chiang Mai mother since we have flowered her, but being a P1 Thai the hermie traits cannot be fully discarded in its hidden genotype.

Thai Chi allows the grower to experience a very high quality Thai sativa expression in a moderate flowering time and with almost no hermie hassles, that's why it was finally released. The ones who have the chance to smoke well grown Thai Chi flowers will agree with that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This is my Thai-Chi girl: 3d to 4th flower week, coco DTW 100% salts, 400W HPS.

I FIM'ed, tied, and suppercropped her, but she's a chameleonic princess... capricious and totally random on where she puts its branch stretching focus, has fat fingered leaves while vegging but sprouts hazey/lanky sativa ones when flowering... definitely a strain with an unique "personality":

Hi repuk,

Glad you got some Thai Chi seeds before they were gone! ;)

You describe her very well ehheheh it starts with robust structure and fat leaves (Kali China style) but the more she grows (and especially in flowering) the more she shows her strong Thai influence :) The capricious branching is also a strong Thai trait.

Best wishes with yours! :ying:

Congrats on the Thai Chi harvest PandyFackler :)

Thai Chi is a quite sexually firm strain for being a straight Thai hybrid.
Thai Chi can occasionally produce some bananas in very late flowering which are usually not fertile.

I haven't found any hermie trait in the Thai Chiang Mai mother since we have flowered her, but being a P1 Thai the hermie traits cannot be fully discarded in its hidden genotype.

Thai Chi allows the grower to experience a very high quality Thai sativa expression in a moderate flowering time and with almost no hermie hassles, that's why it was finally released. The ones who have the chance to smoke well grown Thai Chi flowers will agree with that.

Hey dubi,

Yep I totally agree. I should choose my words carefully, and to clarify, the nanas did not appear to produce any fertile pollen so no hassles at all. The whole topic is just interesting to me. I was telling my mrs about it a while ago and her reaction was “wow! That’s amazing that a plant can do that” and I have to agree. I’m just fascinated by the mechanics of it all. Gender definition is a very deep and complex subject in all living things.

I would love to try the pure Chiang Mai (or at least more hybrids like the new GT). Out of interest, how long does your mother take to flower?

Also, when will the next run of Thai chi seeds be produced, if you have plans to do so?

I also want to mention that I had a good sampling of the uncured Thai chi bud last night and the high is amazing. Spiritual is a great way to describe it. Bravo kind sir, bravo.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PandyFackler,

Glad you rate highly the quality of your Thai Chi flowers ;) even uncured.

The Thai Chiang Mai mother used in Thai Chi matures quite fast outdoors here, finishing around late November (although her flowering time is longer indoors), while most of the Thai strains i have grown finish around Xmas/New Year, so this Thai Chiang Mai mother is not an ultra long flowering Thai, that makes easier to produce Thai hybrids with reasonable flowering times, yet she still has the great qualities (mainly effect and taste) that any sativa lover would expect from a good pure Thai.

It's a pitty we only produced a small amount of Thai Chi seeds in this first release, it was indeed a limited edition of short stock. Im definately interested in produce more Thai Chi seeds in the future and probably include her in our permanent catalog :huggg: I love to smoke Thai Chi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi xet,

We will release pure thai genetics again, sooner or later :)
I keep many pure Thai lines in the fridge and thai mothers in the mother room, but the pure thai projects will need to wait for their turn as we are germinating first older landraces.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
picture.php

100% Crop:
picture.php

Really complex and chameleonic terpenes.

Gone is the catpiss hint, and also the "cured sweated clothing", it became a danker scent now, couldn't put a word on what are those tones... Base is still a kind of mangoish but stronger leaning to citrics now.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Burro Johnson,

It's a pitty we only produced a small amount of Thai Chi seeds in this first release, it was indeed a limited edition of short stock. Im definately interested in produce more Thai Chi seeds in the future and probably include her in our permanent catalog :huggg: I love to smoke Thai Chi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Thai Chi repuk :)

Looks like she is going to be a moderate yieldier, but i can already see a good blend of Kali China and Thai traits in your plant.
Thai Chi really has an exotic, dark hashy and incensey aroma that i love :huggg:

xet

Lovely Thai Chi repuk :)

Looks like she is going to be a moderate yieldier, but i can already see a good blend of Kali China and Thai traits in your plant.
Thai Chi really has an exotic, dark hashy and incensey aroma that i love :huggg:

The way you describe the strain I feel like I am missing out on fine dining at a 5 star Asian restaurant in downtown Hong Kong.

Thai Chi will be on my next order with Golden Tiger, Ethiopia, Honduras, and some Panama Malawi green haze something or other :D

And my seed order is arriving today but luckily there is an ACE up my sleeve in this order.. ZAMALDELICA

Planning on an F2 for seedstock and then making Zam x Nanda Devi, Zam x Kerala, Zam x Malana, Zam x Kumaoni, to start... Psychedelic :peacock:

Neiko

She's a beauty Phrenos. Mine isn't as far along but boy is she a nice strong plant. I can't wait to get it into flower.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tasted her recently... while it´s clear it will benefit from some curing (high-wise), I can put a definitive word on her dried buds aroma now: pure ginger, up to the "soapy" or "perfumey" touches once you smoke her. Hints of incense once exhaled.

A (really skilled!) grower friend passed by and I handed him all the jars to sniff, he smelled Kali China, Guawi, Nep Jam, Zamaldelica... but it was Thai-Chi the one that got him curious and hooked up :biggrin: (Guawi and Zamaldelica aromas are impressive!)

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk :)

Glad you are enjoying with your first tokes of your homegrown Thai Chi, it's a real exotic and pleasurable smoke. Nice to know Guawi and Zamaldelica are also stinking during the curing process :D

Neiko

Hi ACE fans. I just wanted to share my Thai Chi. I flipped her yesterday after almost 3 months of veg. I'm really looking forward to this girl and the cobs she'll make. Sorry for the sideways pics I'm not sure how to fix that.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Very nice looking grows. Thanks for sharing! I'm still sitting on a pack of these genetics. Very thankful I have some of these beans.
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts