What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio Cannabis shootings, why is no one talking about it?

Space Toker

Veteran
I realize not much is known and it is a horrific event but why has this not come up already? Hey it was either this or asking why my indoor plants look frost bitten despite temps no lower than 50's, wondering why there where no 420 Auctions or why there was not more 4/20 talk in general, and another thread that would have generated nothing but laughs at my expense despite a serious and troubling topic. So this was the best option! :D

Making light of myself, not this topic, but that was all fucked up to the extreme. I theorize a Mexican drug gang knew about these people or these people caused them some problems. the ink:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/us/ohio-family-killed-marijuana/

armedoldhippy

Veteran
exactly what makes this event a "cannabis shooting" ? believe me, if there was ANY link to drugs, it would have been splashed all over the news from the get-go. media can't WAIT to put shit out like that...

Tynehead Tom

what I found odd was it came almost immediately after some very big busts of some Texan med grows in Colorado. maybe totally unrelated but eerily close together for coincidence, as far as the timing goes.
you gotta have done something awefully severe, like steal or rat to have your whole family targeted. My guess would lean to the latter but just speculating.

northstate

ICMag Donor
I was very curious if this was going to make a thread here. Somebody messed up really bad for sure. Armed, there were grows at most of the murder scenes, and the hits appear professionally clean. The Colorado/Texas theory makes me scratch my chin.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I was very curious if this was going to make a thread here. Somebody messed up really bad for sure. Armed, there were grows at most of the murder scenes, and the hits appear professionally clean. The Colorado/Texas theory makes me scratch my chin.

there has been no mention of grows in the news here. this is the only mention of it i have read anywhere on the internet. source, please?

Tynehead Tom

The news in Canada aired comments from a senior LEO that said clearly that the family was in the marijuana trade and had elaborate grows in outbuildings on all the targeted properties.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
This shooting was mentioned during the MSNBC democratic town hall tonight live so i don't think it's covered up.

this has been all over local media, video links in OP. 3 of the four houses had grow op's.

this is not very far from me and I can tell you that eastern indoor growers have been having trouble for years now
with the prices dropping with all the diversion market blowing up during the Obama administration.

I've seen some mid level growers get crushed by cheap Cali mail pacs.

nobody is seeing the big picture of how desperate poor white families are getting in our economy.
Chicago style gang violence in bumfuck Ohio with the meth labs and weed grows.

wait until stupid Americans catch on to blowing up people they hate instead of just shooting them. Gaza USA.

these people were killed for money that probably wasn't there to get given up.

go watch the videos, it's been covered.

dddaver

Veteran
My view is that the murders were about money, big grow ops, power, and guns. Not about cannabis or growing it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
This shooting was mentioned during the MSNBC democratic town hall tonight live so i don't think it's covered up.

this has been all over local media, video links in OP. 3 of the four houses had grow op's.

this is not very far from me and I can tell you that eastern indoor growers have been having trouble for years now
with the prices dropping with all the diversion market blowing up during the Obama administration.

I've seen some mid level growers get crushed by cheap Cali mail pacs.

nobody is seeing the big picture of how desperate poor white families are getting in our economy.
Chicago style gang violence in bumfuck Ohio with the meth labs and weed grows.

wait until stupid Americans catch on to blowing up people they hate instead of just shooting them. Gaza USA.

these people were killed for money that probably wasn't there to get given up.

go watch the videos, it's been covered.

I wrote warning how our middle and lower class would be crushed by the loss of revenue when it shifts from small growers to corporate balance sheets.

Got the typical "you crazy hippy" response.

In essence multiple parallel economies allow for a redundancy that keeps economic segments afloat when they are failed by any one given market.

It has been known to government economists for years that simply shutting down the black market would collapse an aggregate of the economy as whole, thus the irony of the drug war. It was proposed 25-30 years ago that the drug wars would never be executed so succinctly that they would effect the economy this way.

Norml used to pose (IDK if they still do) the agricultural products of each state. Go back 25 years ago and in the top 10 agriculrual products produced by most every state was, you guessed it, cannabis. So well before legalization the government knew that many states where relying on a black market item to sustain basic income levels.

Between automation and corporate/government control and ownership of natural resources we are allowing a very few to marginalize us past need and value.

Best part, is people trusted the same entities to do it right.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
why sensationalize murder and cultivation until the government can prove that is how it happened? Is there a benefit if we give that vibe any energy?

oldchuck

Veteran
I think it's a good idea to know what's going on. I heard about the murders and a little about weed but I learned a lot more in this short thread.

MicroRoy

In an investigation like this. It is normal not to put out information.

They use the rumor mill to gather intell If a romor fits only a few facts. They would be less likely to track the source. If the rumer fits more unreleased facts they might back track the source.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I think it's a good idea to know what's going on. I heard about the murders and a little about weed but I learned a lot more in this short thread.

I meant in regards to the media making the connection between pot and violence.

I happens but in a very small ratio to the number of transactions that happen. It is not a hard drug game, but maybe as someone said before the crunch of the economy is making people desperate.

igrowone

Veteran
200 plants? thanks for that post stoned-trout, was wondering what the size was
not a big grow op if that was the total for all of it
cartels? this is how cartels would get the heat they don't want, trivial size in their world
more than likely the usual suspects, friends/associates that knew about the op and wanted the honey

Betterhaff

Veteran
I believe it was 200 plants at one location and they found grows at 3 of the 4. Right now the media is really just speculating with what little they know as LE is playing things close to the vest. With what's been disclosed though it looks like this was done by someone with experience as it was well planned out.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
when someone takes out a lot of your family something went wrong somewhere...definitely seems like some form of organized crime payback...yeehaw...maybe they were stepping on someones toes a bit too much..could be gangs or cartel..not many folks will try and wipe out your whole fukkin family

Latest posts

Latest posts