What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Latex gloves

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In an interesting observation and I've not really put much thought into it other than to run to ICm and make a thread....:laughing:

While wearing latex gloves, not cheap ones mind you, I was handling tape. I noticed that given pressure, YOU COULD STILL make out a very distinctive fingerprint within the tape...

This would also indicate that a print is LEFT anytime enough pressure is applied, and mind you it isn't very much.

What's the deal??? :comfort:

Honestly, I always thought that was kind of the point?

dank.Frank

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
makes me wonder about that scene in Gone in 60 Seconds where they put on fake prints instead of rockin the gloves :biglaugh:

print reading machines do your entire palm, at least the ones at the jails do, so it could still matchup in those parts I'd imagine.

what about two gloves(or more)? does it dissipate the pressure enough to not leave a print?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Unless it is on tape, or something you can "see" the print, like clay...it will not "leave" a print, as there are no oils on the glove to do so--:tiphat:

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
or switch to dishwashing gloves, a little thicker, easier to put on and last longer. I simply run mine through the washer when done

F

Fred el Gato

I've noticed that some brands are textured for grip. The ones I have now do(Curad).

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
In an interesting observation and I've not really put much thought into it other than to run to ICm and make a thread....:laughing:

While wearing latex gloves, not cheap ones mind you, I was handling tape. I noticed that given pressure, YOU COULD STILL make out a very distinctive fingerprint within the tape...

This would also indicate that a print is LEFT anytime enough pressure is applied, and mind you it isn't very much.

What's the deal??? :comfort:

Honestly, I always thought that was kind of the point?

dank.Frank

funny, you say this, i noticed it today as well....

NEED A SOLUTION!!!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You want the blue nitrile ones with the textured fingertips, and double up! :good:

Or so I heard! :bigeye:

:tiphat:

hashcat88

funny....my friend was tripping about this the other day
thought it was just his paranoid schizo revealing itself again...

dishwash gloves it is!!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I instantly thought OJ and his leather as well...

These are the blue with finger "grips" ... I guess I better double up.

The oils makes sense to surface transfers and magnetic dusts...

Se7en hasn't crossed my mind...guess I need to watch it again to get the reference.

dank.Frank

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Years ago when my apartment was burglarized, the cop told me that contrary to popular belief wearing latex gloves DOES NOT prevent your leaving finger prints. As the OP pointed out, thin surgical-type gloves let the ridges in your fingerprint come through, so if you touch the outside of a glove (get oil from your skin on it), you leave a print just like you weren't wearing a glove.

I think about this every time I see someone eluding detection with surgical gloves on TV. Surely Dexter would know this. Perhaps this is a myth the police like to see perpetuated.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
grabbed a couple boxes of Kimberly-Clark Blue Nitrile Exam Gloves; Textured fingertips; X-Large today....

are these the ones we should use?

Last edited:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Si senor :good:

Good job Krunchy :)

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
thin latex would be soft enough to leave prints. but if you are using regular surgical gloves of standard thickness and they are dry as in nothing oily moist,sticky on them then you shouldn't leave a fingerprint as there would be nothing to print.

dunno if that makes sense...its like the reason you use wax paper is for non sticking, but if you take two sticky thing on separate pieces of wax paper and slap em together they will stick to each other. you know what im saying? the reason you leave fingerprints is the oil, your skin isn't itself hard enough to leave indentations on surfaces. keep a clean hand, wont have to worry about any pressure prints.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i noticed this as well with the thin walmart gloves....now i get some nice automotive gloves they are thicker and more split resistant...god knows how many time the cheap walmart gloves rip up and leave your fingers exposed..

i also heard from a friend that fingerprints dont show up on cardboard or tyvek? havent tested out his theory lol...