What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CA 215/SB420 Patient, small grow in closet, rommate is on state probation...

TripleDraw27

Veteran
His probation states that he "may not associate with known drug users or sellers."

So, strip down all the smoke and mirrors about about being legal and medicine bs. Would you think being a roomate and smoking weed is drug use in their eyes , according to the quote? Regardless of the sham that legal weed is. I dunno bro, good luck

Megas

Your a 215 med user (very lucky to have this privilege)
Willing to jeopardize this for someone dumb enough to be selling heroin and get caught
This other person has you looking into the legalities of this on the internet instead of doing their own research contacting a lawyer, parole officer ect.
Say they pay him a visit, a known drug dealer. They see him leaving with someone growing pot what do you think they will think? Here's a dude who's clearly abusing his med license (You) and likely supplying this known drug dealer with product.
No offense man but this seriously doesn't sound like a situation that will end well (for you). Please tell me you are under 21, cause I can't wrap my head around this.

SKUNK420

Man whatthe215 if your not trying to start a fire with your cardboard light reflector your now playing with leo fire. Not trying to break your balls man but if your not more careful your going to get burnt.

Don't hope that budget cuts state and county wide will mean there will not be enough man power to keep tabs on parolees. I know your hoping California will respect your medical rights but every D.A. has their own opinion. Look at the differnce between San Fransisco and San Diego.

If the roommate is A Fourth Waiver: a parole condition agreeing to waive the Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable searches and seizures. You might also be subject to the search.

I can say this from driving in a car with a person that was on 4th waiver and getting pulled over, we all got searched.

All I can say is if your going to continue the grow get a dead bolt lock for your room and keep your roommate out of there 100% for both of your safety and stay with the legal plant number limit.

I know times are tough. Gas prices sucking up all of our disposable income leaving less money to feed ourselves and to buy weed to chill out from all the political uncertainty. So growing your own is going to be the only way to have any weed.

Just as the democrat man planned. To make good herb to expensive to buy; $60 to $70 dollar dispensary top shelf. To make growing weed FOR-PROFIT worthless so the people that have been living in the underground economy for the last 15+ years won't make any money like they used to because of higher overhead costs to grow and less profit when selling.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
His PO cannot come into your room without a Search Warrant with your name on it-- He is renting a room, they can look in there, and any common areas, like kitchen, livingroom....etc--
Keep your door locked, and you are good-- He is not responsible for what is in your locked room--
BTW...That came from my Parole Officer (Granted, it was 15 years ago--)...I was renting a room, and the Owner had guns....I told him, and that is what he told me--:tiphat:

SKUNK420

His PO cannot come into your room without a Search Warrant with your name on it-- He is renting a room, they can look in there, and any common areas, like kitchen, livingroom....etc--
Keep your door locked, and you are good-- He is not responsible for what is in your locked room--
BTW...That came from my Parole Officer (Granted, it was 15 years ago--)...I was renting a room, and the Owner had guns....I told him, and that is what he told me--:tiphat:
I take it you were on normal parole

I just had a person I became friend with recently from being his car mechanic that was on 4th waivers One time while we were on a run to Wal-Mart to pick up some oil and break cleaner etc.. I also grabbed some ammo at the last minute. He didn't see me buy it at the sporting good check out area, he was getting the snacks and checked out at the garden center. When we got in my car I handed him my bag and he flipped out. Telling me for the first time he was a 4th waiver and he can't be around any weapons or ammo or at homes where guns are owned legally of course. The guy is free and clear now.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I take it you were on normal parole

I just had a person I became friend with recently from being his car mechanic that was on 4th waivers One time while we were on a run to Wal-Mart to pick up some oil and break cleaner etc.. I also grabbed some ammo at the last minute. He didn't see me buy it at the sporting good check out area, he was getting the snacks and checked out at the garden center. When we got in my car I handed him my bag and he flipped out. Telling me for the first time he was a 4th waiver and he can't be around any weapons or ammo or at homes where guns are owned legally of course. The guy is free and clear now.

You waive your 4th Amendment Rights for ALL Parole and Probation--
Ammo in a car, if it is in the trunk, he is ok...if it is in the inside, where he has access...he can be charged--
But in a house that you only rent a room in, it is only the room he rents, and common areas that can be searched, or that he is responsible for--
That is simply how it is-- If he does not have access to an area, he is not responsible for what is in there-- :tiphat:

SKUNK420

Well like I said when I got in the car I handed him my bag with the ammo instead of putting it in the trunk.

Which I now remember I'm supposed to store most gun related items in the locked trunk when transporting them.

Megas

Seriously, are you stupid? When did I say that he asked me to look into any of this? I said that HE DOES NOT KNOW. I am looking into this simply because I want to know about the actual laws surrounding this type of situation. It's California, you think that all the cops know all the drug dealers that intimately, save for some of the smaller microcosms in some neighborhoods? I'm a regular old college student as is he. His charges are 3 years old and he's 2 years sober. Neither of us are known for anything other than having a couple cute pitts and being real friendly with our neighbors.

Besides the fact that I'd like to know about this pertaining to my situation, I think it's also an interesting conversation to have. I think that there are many MMJ patients who live with someone on probation. Ever further, forget the whole medical deal, if I'm in a state where marijuana is decriminalized, but my roommate is on probation and I get the ticket in my living room, has he violated his probation automatically because he knew about it? Or was somewhat near it? Instead of telling me how ridiculous what I'm talking about is, and start adding little random bits of info like how he's a known drug dealer and I'm a known grower, read it a little more carefully please.

Yeah some college kid with a heroin dealer as a roomate asking the internet for advice.. and I'm stupid. You think it was a coincidence that I could read through your writing and tell you are young? Maybe take some advice with some people with a little life experience.
Maybe you should read my post again... In the eyes of the law he is a known drug dealer, he was caught. He's on parole for a reason. If for whatever reason cops show up on your doorstep and have a look around well guess what buddy just cause you have a med license doesn't mean they aren't going to fabricate their own version of 2+2. Why don't you talk to Krunchbubble he was legal got busted and wasn't associated with any heroin dealers on probation and he's still getting fucked around.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sounds like a bad idea....someone on felony probation is grounds for search of his person or property. they might find your grow and leave you alone, but its still a risk...

it all depends on what county your in, what agency busts you.....some prosecutors might throw the book at you and charge you with conspiracy to cultivate and say both of you were growing dope. some would just bust your roomate and leave you alone..

honestly sounds like a shit situation...find a new place to live.

In the meantime definitely get a really serious lock on both your room and your grow area and if/when his parole officer shows up, either LEAVE, or PLAN TO NOT BE THERE. That way if the PO wants to have a peak into the rooms, it can buy you valueable time to move stuff out!