What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat users

M

moodster

i just got my set without no instructions does anyone know where i can find them thanks peeps

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.blumat.at/automatic-watering-system.php#bltropf

Click on the left most icon (Tropf Blumat), then set-up 1 in the lower row of buttons. I find that the best way to get them set is to bring the pot to the moisture that you want (for me it is usually water to run-off, let sit 24-36 hours), and then set the blumat to where you have a clinging drop. This tends to hold the moisture content where you have it established. The adjustment usually winds up very close to what is shown in the following picture. Good luck.

picture.php

bye1

I`m thinking of doing my next grow in coco and whit blumats,
~Shhh~ pictures are fucking convincing.
But one question If i have one 90 L tank how many plants can I have?
and how do you keep it mixed all the time?

Thanks for a god thread!
Peace

bigbuds420

Im growing with coco in 3 gallon pots. Should i get the patio set with regular size Tropf Blumat or would I be better of using the Tropf Blumat Maxi? Thanks

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Bye, I use a 50L tank and the water is topped up daily to keep it fresh... No airstone or pump mixing anything water is fine from what I can tell. I give it a good mix daily a few hours after adding top up also. BTW for clarity I ended up getting the tropf blumat and not the maxi's as they're for pots 30cm and deeper, my 6lt airpots are like 20 or so cm deep.

I'm not sure what the depth of the 3 gallon airpot is but I'd guess at least 30cm so maybe your better off with those bigbuds

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the past, I have always used 3 gallon smart pots, the standard blumats, and a SS#4-based mix. This worked very well. This run I have gone to 3 gallon Air Pots with the standard blumats, and have been having problems with the top of the media being dry enough to turn on the blumats while the bottom of the pot is a swamp, resulting in over-watering for the first time. The maxi's might be better for this application - the Air Pots are taller than the smart pots, and probably have less exposure to air (the bottom is more open, but the sides are substantially less).

much love for coco + blumats

check out this root mountain i grew with my coco + blumats + airpots

Oh yeah and +1 for blumats allowing for vacations, and work travel, i can prob leave my garden alone for ~10 days at peak flowering. To anyone who says you cant afford them, you cant afford not to have them, happier plants and happier gardener.

What type of nutrients can be ran through the blumats? I'm guessing bottled organics would be an issue? (Roots organics, for instance)

Rives - Do you aerate or circulate your reservoir?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
ahhhavalanche I've never seen anything like that lol :D pretty extreme.... Did that happen because there wasn't enough water going through the pots?

With the size of the blumat feed hose I wouldn't wanna try running an organic nute line down them... Saying that I am using an organic PK additive that seems to be going through just fine, but it doesn't leave any residue in the rez which lets me know it's not doing so in the feedline.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type of nutrients can be ran through the blumats? I'm guessing bottled organics would be an issue? (Roots organics, for instance)

Rives - Do you aerate or circulate your reservoir?

I don't do anything with either of my reservoirs. The only thing that I add to them is Drip Clean. In the past I've run the GH nutes, along with CalMag, and had some build-up in the hoses.

D

DHF

Blumats with base nutes , drip clean and cal/mag is the most bulletproof "set it and forget it" system there is out there for dialin coco and explosive growth comparable to any hydro setup there is without all the cash outlay for the bells and whistles....bet on it.....

Simple....babyshit...

Peace...DHF...:ying:....

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
The drip line is cheap enough to replace each grow... Did you have build up in the main line to the T connectors rives?

I still need to pick up some drip clean but so far (fingers crossed) so good.

prowler

Bye, I use a 50L tank and the water is topped up daily to keep it fresh... No airstone or pump mixing anything water is fine from what I can tell.

Get yourself a small pump inside the res.

- I'd prefer GHE or some other over canna coco. Gets res salty.

- Use larger containers under your pot for overflow. If your blumat gets stuck wide open you'll find your whole res on the floor.

- Also i do not shorten the 3mm dripline - vice versa - i cut longer pieces so that you can move your pots more easily but i am using the 8mm(?) stock main feeding line which is a pita unless you tie it properly.

- Heard from many sources that it is better to keep coco at the wettest possible point - almost with runoff. If someone has other information please share.

- I've found out that if you have the time it's better to check them daily specially if you're using smaller containers. I'm using 6,5l pots and things can go wrong quickly. Before you take your vacation check and double check that everything is fine.

Opus53

you cant really grow wrong with the blumats but id agree with prowler about the pump!

best of luck with the grow man, thought id share a pic of a dripper run i did about 5 years back

picture.php

seriousburner

Finally

Finally

in my experience w/ the blumats the above is correct when running in soil. In coco your gonna want to dial them to drip a single drop about every 4 seconds or your coco will get overly dry, I literally had clumps of roots climbing out of the top of the coco searching for their next drip. also pull a bit of the line from the top to make sure it isn't pinched close, more than half of the blumats I've used have had this issue.

This is the information I've been looking for in the huge thread on blumats. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts