What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"true life" "im in the marijuana business" tonight on mtv

NOKUY

Veteran
just a heads up :wave:

JULY 21ST 1OP – True Life: I’M IN THE MARIJUANA BUSINESS

As marijuana becomes essentially legal in dozens of states, tens of thousands of people are working to take advantage of a booming business that is being dubbed “the green rush.” At the same time, young people trying to sell marijuana in states where it’s still illegal struggle to stay out of jail. In this episode, viewers meet three young people grappling with the highs and lows of trying to make a living in the marijuana business.

MIway

Veteran
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reality TV hits MMj... in a mad rush to the profit line... with narcissistic American fools. This is going to do us wonders. And, we get Weed Wars to boot.

Show me a way this helps, I'll give you 2 in how it hurts.

EDIT... I don't watch mtv... just found it at 10pm EST... guess this is a one show 'documentary'? Channel 252 turbo... ;-)

AGBeer

Then let us start accepting the fact that while cannabis IS medicine, it IS also a recreational usage drug for a good portion as well. I appreciate the medical movement, but also appreciate those who enjoy it as a safer alternative to other things.

supermanlives

Veteran
havent watched mtv in a long time. they were cool when they came to daytona beach tho . all the crew smoked LOL. i might watch it for kicks tho as i sold alot to the crew during spring break for a few years way back.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Yeah, I read about this just the other day and I mentioned it in the "Weed Wars" thread; (incorrectly recalling the show's title as "Real Life", rather than "True Life". :shucks:)

This probably won't make us look real good either...I trust MTV even less than the Discovery Channel, when it comes to fairly 'characterizing' and 'depicting' "reality" in the medical MJ industry. Chances are, both networks are owned/controlled by the same 'entity' anyway; since there are but a few.

Again, I would love to be wrong about this.....

Please show sick people, benefiting from cannabis!!!! :bow: *begging*

I hope to hear the thoughts and impressions of those of you who happen to see it! :thank you:

labtec

if anyone's interested it's on at 7pm on the west coast. We'll see how these "young people" make money.

NOKUY

Veteran
got tivo set.....

...not expecting to be very impressed tho

...true life has done some pretty good episodes, so maybe this will be ok :dunno:

I

Iron_Lion

exploit...exploit...exploit :wallbash:

I have to remember to start the kush-0-meter and see how many times it's mentioned.

MIway

Veteran
Well, right now they got this asian gal looking for 'sugar daddies' where she won't have to 'compromise herself', and she was just on a stairmaster... so...:chin:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i havent watched cable in weeks guess il have to tune in for this one..in general i like the true life series...wish they would do one on me lol.....il be countin racks with a mask on and a glock 40 with young jeezy bumpin in the background lol....then il go down to the local walmart to slang my work and ride around dirty being a big drug dealing gangster..

then il go into my grow room and show them my plants and say "alll buds........alllll bud. see these are HARDBODY SATIVAS alllll bud you see?? i dont grow indicas they are too easy...sativas only you see? all bud..."

hahah j/k...

I

Iron_Lion

Come to think of it this isnt the first time MTV has covered MMJ. I remember about a decade ago before MMJ was nothing compared to today there was an MTV News episode with Serena Altchul and they covered MMJ and dispensaries and interviewed Mark Emory, from what I remember they did a pretty good job covering it.

Latest posts

Latest posts