What's new

How to hook it up ??? security 70w HPS

How to hook it up ??? security 70w HPS

Well couldnt figure out where to post this so I figured here would be best since it is for a NGB style cab. Basically I need to know how to hook a safe plug into a security light 70w hps.

It has one white and one black wire comin out of it. What kind of wire can I use 3 prong or 2 prong? will a elec wire and plug from a vaccum or stereo work?? I want to make it safe as possible. Thanks in advance.

Link me to other threads im sure I saw it somewhere on here. im a stoner so I forget.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 11

hazydreams

Ok go to the homecheepo and buy a heavy gauge/heavy duty extension cord. With a little extra work you can convert that light into a remote ballast by removing the reflector and socket from the housing and using a length of the same heavy duty extension cord you sacrificed for the three prong plug.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Remember that Green (ground) is not part of the circuit. It simply connects the ground pole to the metal enclosure of the reflector (and ballast box should you remote it)

V

vonforne

I had a 400 watter from Homecheepo like that also. Remove the ballast. You can buy one of those cords in the electro section. I mounted my ballast out of the closet on a 1x4 attached to the wall. Drilled a hole in the wall and run the cord through it. Attach it to the light and plug it in.

The two wires.....one is hot (black) and one is neutral (white) attach the green (ground) to a well grounded metal surface.

?

?

ground cable??? I did not see this other cable. It has two wires from the lamp the the metal thing then two wires out of that metal thing. check out the pics tell me what you think. From what I can tell, cant see any parts missing from the unit.:thank you:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 12

micro420guy

The ballast usually touches the metal case so the case and ballast are grounded using a ground wire.

If possible mount the ballast away from the light. Get a heavy duty power cord like stated above and mount the ballast out side of the grow cab.

If you buy a plug wire it like this. Black is hot, white is neutral, green is ground. Put the black wire on the gold screw and the white wire in the silver screw.

extension-cord-plug.jpg

Awww ok I get it now.......... I think. That last pic helped out alot +rep. After further inspection inside the metal housing there is a empty spot with a screw on it. I assume after I connect the black and white wire I attach the ground wire to this spot. I was jus about to hook up a 2prong from the old stereo and plug it in and see what happens thanks guys for helping me not burn down my house..

Latest posts

Latest posts