What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking females @Ras Kali Rasta :) with slightly more Thai sativa influence in the budding than Malawi, like my favorites ones from this Golden Tiger version. Glad to hear they are tolerating well the cold temps.

Flowering will be disturbed on photoperiod strains (very strain dependant also) mainly if photoperiod goes over 12 hours of light per day during flowering and increasing, this will only start to happen at spring equinox.

XLNordic

The Golden Tiger both looks and sounds really great but my PTSD brain and limited wallet and raped credit card says that i have to limit myself and wait for next season to explore the Tiger.
But i just received some regular Aceseeds Malawi that i be exploring and breeding with this winther.
Hoping to find the ultimate cashcropper in time by mating the Malawi to some powerful indicas
IMG_20230706_150036.jpg

CaptainLucky

Good question. Keep the feeding for growth stage until around 4th- 5th week of flowering when stretching is over and they start to define budsites, then increase ec, lower down N and increase PK, then another increase of ec when the flowers are producing most of their volume and weight in their second reflowering around 8 weeks of flowering, keep feeding stable until they start to ripe their last third reflowering, then start flushing until harvest time.
Thanks @dubi luckily the nutrients I’m using are 7 parts n eliminating the N and boosting the PK is a ez fix. @Hombre del mont was telling about losing the N so I already have. Here’s an update of pictures. CL🍀. :thank you:

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3071.jpeg
    IMG_3071.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
    IMG_3067.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3070.jpeg
    IMG_3070.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Chuckeye

Just over a half year and my Golden Tiger is vacuum packed in mason jars !

Vegged for 55 days, flowered for 108 days for a total grow time of 163 DAYS o_O

Hang dry for five days, not long enough, sigh. Was mid 70's in the tote.

Roughly three weeks to dry/cure down to 62%, total yield was 9 3/4 oz. !

Golden Tiger NOTM two 7 July 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

FJ2000

Here’s my GT who is in need of a transplant…
Just sprayed her for PM today, it’s been hot and HUMID on Long Island for weeks.. it’s popping up around the yard so I’m blasting the whole place.
Going to take some cuts soon and flower indoors. Not sure how long she’s going to need to flower but after October it can be hit or miss here. Some years you can get into November some years meh, it closes out on Halloween.
Also have a purple paki haze working outside as well. I started flowering a small cut 7 weeks ago and it’s moving along.. started both plants in the winter so thy’ve vegged almost 5 months.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

StickyBandit

Just sprayed her for PM today, it’s been hot and HUMID on Long Island for weeks.. it’s popping up around the yard so I’m blasting the whole place.
Going to take some cuts soon and flower indoors. Not sure how long she’s going to need to flower but after October it can be hit or miss here. Some years you can get into November some years meh, it closes out on Halloween.
Also have a purple paki haze working outside as well. I started flowering a small cut 7 weeks ago and it’s moving along.. started both plants in the winter so thy’ve vegged almost 5 months.
Nice structure and very healthy looking (y)

Maria Sanchez

View attachment 18862772

Cheers, eh ?

Should be some ganja magazine cover -- High Times!

CaptainLucky

Thanks for your support @XLNordic ;) looking forward to follow your Malawi grow this winter!

Hi @CaptainLucky the shorter, tamed, faster flowering one looks like is ripening already and accepting well your feeding regime. The taller, more delicate one needs lesser ec levels, ph seems to be ok so the burnt tips on the taller one are due to too much ec.
Thanks @dubi, the new growth on the tip burned Tiger looks fine so I think from here on out it should be okay.CL🍀

CaptainLucky

Sorry for all the questions @dubi but I have another one. This is day 73 since I flipped my Golden Tiger. I have been running the light 11/13 and cut it back a week or so ago to 101/2-13 1/2. I’m considering dropping it to 10-14 and then 9-15. Any recommendations? Thanks CL🍀. :1help:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful outdoor GT bush @FJ2000 ☀️ As stated in the strain description, Golden Tiger finishes in late October-early November in northern hemisphere (of course also depending on latitude).
What's your latitude and conditions of your climate ?

Glad you also have a Purple Pakistani Haze going ;) If you feel like, please share her progress in the official PPH thread !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry for all the questions @dubi but I have another one. This is day 73 since I flipped my Golden Tiger. I have been running the light 11/13 and cut it back a week or so ago to 101/2-13 1/2. I’m considering dropping it to 10-14 and then 9-15. Any recommendations? Thanks CL🍀. :1help:

No problem @CaptainLucky i'm always happy to help. The compact faster flowering pheno should be not far from finish so i would consider start flushing her. Keep the feeding (not too strong) for the taller, longer flowering pheno since this one still needs time.

As stated in the official Golden Tiger description on our website-> Additional information > Growing Tips:
Golden Tiger flowers correctly under 12/12 or 11/13, no need to lower down hours of light per day more than that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

View attachment 18862772

Cheers, eh ?

Congrats on your well deserved harvest @Chuckeye Please, get back to us with a smoke report after curing!

CaptainLucky

No problem @CaptainLucky i'm always happy to help. The compact faster flowering pheno should be not far from finish so i would consider start flushing her. Keep the feeding (not too strong) for the taller, longer flowering pheno since this one still needs time.

As stated in the official Golden Tiger description on our website-> Additional information > Growing Tips:
Golden Tiger flowers correctly under 12/12 or 11/13, no need to lower down hours of light per day more than that.
Thanks @dubi, how long would you say that the big Tiger has left? CL🍀 Edit: Picture 4 and 6 are close ups of my Golden Tiger.

Last edited:

FJ2000

Beautiful outdoor GT bush @FJ2000 ☀️ As stated in the strain description, Golden Tiger finishes in late October-early November in northern hemisphere (of course also depending on latitude).
What's your latitude and conditions of your climate ?

Glad you also have a Purple Pakistani Haze going ;) If you feel like, please share her progress in the official PPH thread !
Thanks Dubi!!!
I’m at 40.9°N close to the Long Island Sound which heats up in the summer and can help keep temps warm into the fall, down side is the humidity.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@CaptainLucky please post recent cola and closer bud pics of that plant and i will check it out.

@FJ2000 Golden Tiger prefers slight humid weather closer to coast with more temperate temps than dry continental climates with strong temp variations in October-November. Many growers have finished GT at your latitude, should be fine if there are no frosts until early November.

CaptainLucky

@CaptainLucky please post recent cola and closer bud pics of that plant and i will check it out.

@FJ2000 Golden Tiger prefers slight humid weather closer to coast with more temperate temps than dry continental climates with strong temp variations in October-November. Many growers have finished GT at your latitude, should be fine if there are no frosts until early November.
Thanks @dubi , I hope these pictures are helpful and I have another question. lol I’m also growing a Panama and it’s only 70 days since being flipped but it has dramatically slowed down on the feeding? CL🍀

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3245.jpeg
    IMG_3245.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3243.jpeg
    IMG_3243.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3241.jpeg
    IMG_3241.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3240.jpeg
    IMG_3240.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 80

b8man

Veteran
I’ve got some feminised Golden Tigers that are just past 92 days flowering and the calyxes are only just starting to swell (lots of trichomes though). I can only flower it for another 12 days.

Just wondering how different the high is when harvested a bit early? Clean the house high or paranoia city high??