What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

JGP

I'm still unsure what strains I'm going to run this year, decisions decisions :artist: Been trying to get more NG Timewarp but there sold out everywhere, would also like to try and get some of the new HFH stock :ying:

Attachments

• DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 13

JGP

They have restocked Timewarp atlast :)

Next Generation Timewarp* is Canada?s most popular and reliable outdoor strain.** It is a mostly indica strain and over 30 years proven outdoors in the wet west coast forests.* Timewarp has a strong Lemon flavour and smell with a very uplifting high. Timewarp is an early flowering and mould resistant strain developed exclusively outdoors at the 49th parallel.* Timewarp is a very versatile strain that thrives in many different climates outdoors. *It's cannabis seeds flower indoors in 45 days and can be harvested outdoors late September.* Consistently large harvests and great taste is what Timewarp is famous for.* 1st place winner BC Harvest Cup, Outdoor category.

Looking forward to growing this strain at a better location this year :jump:

Attachments

• DSC01691.jpg
    DSC01691.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 13

rocket high

Veteran
Looks like i might have overlooked this strain going by the description they give ... Manitoba Meds is another that i think would do ok in Scotland .

It'll be good seeing something pure Canadian finishing in sunny Scotland good luck with them :)

JGP

Looks like i might have overlooked this strain going by the description they give ... Manitoba Meds is another that i think would do ok in Scotland .

It'll be good seeing something pure Canadian finishing in sunny Scotland good luck with them :)

It's one of the only strains I've grown that actually lives up to the description, and no I ain't on commission :laughing:
I've heard good things about MM aswell m8, not seen any seeds for sale though, defo worth a bash if you can find any.I've got a pack of Guerrilla Gold to try this year also, hopefully I can find something early and potent. goodluck to you too :)

JGP

Seeing as it was such a nice day today, I decided to take my m8 for long walk :) I visited one of my plots and took some lime with me to knock the Ph up as it's slightly acidic, I also gave it a quick fork over :sasmokin: Snapped a few pics along the way.The third pic is a new site we discovered.

Attachments

• DSC00033.jpg
    DSC00033.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00039.jpg
    DSC00039.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00041.jpg
    DSC00041.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15

rocket high

Veteran
Nice spotting work JGP. It looks like a nice area to grow in;) is your collie a working dog or just a pet ?

I threw my excess blood 'n' bone, lime , sulpher , nitrogen onto a pile of someone's garden dumping's - the soil looks OK but i amended it further in November so that's giving it 5 mths to break down .. im gonna mix it with bagged compost so i don't fry them when they are young.

JGP

He's a family pet m8 I just take him out for walkies whenever I can, he came from a farm when he was wee, he seems to enjoy being a house dog, don't think he misses those smelly farm yards much.

That homemade compost sounds good rocket, your plants will love you for it :plant grow: :plant grow: :plant grow:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey have you blokes heard of Sepp Holzer?

He is a master permaculturist and uses rocks, water and natural micro-climates (that he has helped create) to grow amazing crops 2000 metres abovr sea level in Austrian alps.

Granted he will get on average a better summer but his techniques are useful in any cold temperate environment.

Because he only uses natural materials what you need is often close by.

Enjoy! :smoke:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=235437896615994763

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LPTcP_EHU&feature=relmfu

hairyscotsman

just thought i would pop in and say hello..This is the first time logged onto here for 6 years!!lol/...This outdoor bug has got me man!:dance013:
Recognise a few names from uk420 so here is all the best for the coming months.
Im up at lat 56 and growing timewarp,fresian dew,typhoon and guerilla grape. My mate and i are looking to take some cuttings and sex the plants before planting as well as putting in a few clones.
Will be varied sites from riverbank to woods to hedgerows and am currently turning sites over and adding lime/rockdust/ffb and compost at the mo.Making up a big compost pile with horse manure and various seaweeds.
As this will be my first outdoor grow as opposed to inside i have no expectations and will be try and plant different strains at each locations and hopefully get a better idea come autumn! :blowbubbles:

hairyscotsman

Thanks JGP...Rocket High i tcant pm here i dont think till i get to 50 posts. I tried to pm you in uk420 but it says you cant receive messages???:

weathers good for this time a year ,the seasons r a changin , less than 2 months till the first of the seeds get germed hope u r all ready for it be safe smokinweedgi

G

Guest1298

hi there folks i live in the highlands what strain would you recomend for our scottish climate??

rocket high

Veteran
Anything from HFH, Canadian strains ,a couple of Female Seeds strains ...there is quite a lot of northern genetics out there ...ask Hoots im sure he's in the Highlands too, Im further south so it might make a difference by region with what strains are best.

If you look back further in this thread you'll get a good idea what will work and what won' t .

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown in the Highlands. You need a very early start in a greenhouse plus an early flowering strain or you will end up flowering into november... this is because of the extra daylight. Even a plastic bottle with the end cut off is a good mini greenhouse to get thrpugh early spring.

:2cents:

rocket high

Veteran
Well ive finally chosen my outdoor line up .... they're germinating right now :biggrin:
Recycled soil (baked) is the medium for the first few wees of their lives then it's directly outside for the last week in April,
Some are my cross's going out again to see if i can get more out of them others are re-works of my cross's so i'll be eager to see what i get from them :)

Here's the line up as it stands

10X GGxDP #1 f2

10X GGxDP #2 f2

5X (B3/N7xE) x HP2 f2

5X FON

5X AAH f1xf1

5X Brownsuper 07 x (Txp/HP2)

5X (Scottish X HP2) X Killer Skunk

No doubt more will be added later on ... What do you think of the line up so far ?

Latest posts

Latest posts