What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

Hoots

Excellent stuff Rocket High, lots of healthy flowering plants.

The feeding seems to have worked wonders and I am glad your escaping the worst of the wind.

That thredra is going to be good to watch flowering.

:)

rocket high

Veteran
I forgot to mention that i foliar fed them yesterday as well ..so i hope they put on a bit of weight for my visit next week.

Im really worried about this weather ... i could hardly stay on my feet at work today never mind the constant drizzle soaking me ...i always worry about my plants at work when its bad weather lol

ok guys ,good photos rocket best of luck with em in next few weeks
,ive done my back in so had to bring a m8 in ,to go out choppin for me ,expected the worst!,seems perfect timin lost about 5% max to mould rest looks good these were hfh scottish no photos due to m8s paranoia but im more than impressed with outcome from my minimal prep, no feed and shitty summer conditions

maybe some photos once all is dried and stored away

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Wise words

Wise words

sorry JGP but i`ll disagree with that point , there are some out there that will knock your socks off , you just need the right beans .

I agree with MJBadger, there is great potential in autos for us growing north, we just need to find what suits our needs&conditions.

Hoots

One of my typhoons loved Scotland so much she tried to turn into a thistle!!
picture.php

:)
,ive done my back in so had to bring a m8 in ,to go out choppin for me ,expected the worst!,seems perfect timin lost about 5% max to mould rest looks good these were hfh scottish no photos due to m8s paranoia but im more than impressed with outcome from my minimal prep, no feed and shitty summer conditions

Bad news for your back but excellent on a harvest without the mold, look forward to those pictures:jump:
I agree with MJBadger, there is great potential in autos for us growing north, we just need to find what suits our needs&conditions.

That's the truth there.

:tiphat:

JGP

I've tried autos several times over the past 7 years and have never found anything worth growing again, most turn to mouldy mush at the first signs of rain which we get a lot of up here.They clearly don't like conditions up here hence why I don't grow them or recommend to other guerrillas growers.

JGP

Sounds like your onto a winner there Weedgi :) hope your back gets better soon dude.

rocket high

Veteran
Here's a update at long last ...those two weeks felt like a an eternity. The stormy weather last week put me off ...... i know,i know im a woose ..lol
The storm didnt harm the plants apart from a few leafs on the Thredra.

Well as i suspected the GGXDP pheno 1 had biggish patches of Botrytis all over the cola ..i checked the trich's and they were all on the turn she could've done with another week but she would have been a stick of moldy candy floss by then . When i got home i fast dried a bit and im very impressed with the stone it's way better than i suspected pity she molds so badly but i got seeds off her so i might plant the f2's early next year ...pheno 2 has no mold and is a big winner for plant of the season , i hope the stone is as good as pheno 1... Ive seeded her with the purple EG/MMXGG male thats in the photo's below so very im hopeful for the off spring next year.

The rest are wayyyy behind so it might be the end of October before they are harvested.

heres the photo's

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

more to come :biggrin:

rocket high

Veteran
here they are ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I think the unkown strain is a purple Erd/Purt from the looks of it ... more next week.

Last edited:

JGP

Nice update Rocket :) Plants are looking in tip top condition, the weather next week is supposed to be decent, should help boost your ladies flowering.

rocket high

Veteran
Yep JGP ..very decent weather today 23c on the thermometer and i think it'll last all week. Thank god we have a little sun to give them the last boost before harvest. Im spreading fert pellet's ang lime in the spots i want to use next year as its quite acidic in my local area thats why fir tree's thrive here so well ......i have to do something to this crap soil to make next year viable at this spot , plot2 is abandoned as there's no drainage in the soil ... i'll go do more plot hunting in the coming weeks ...

JGP

About time we had some decent weather, better late then never so they say, shame I've got no plants out lol.
I'm considering using grow bags or large tubs full of compost next year as the soil around here is acidic and low on nutrition too.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I'm going to run a few grow bags myself next season. The soil in my new home just wasn't as good as where I used to live.

The three plants I stuck out in 3 gallon grow bags did very well. Their roots grew right through the bags and I got enough rain that I only had to water a couple of times.

rocket high

Veteran
It's just getting the growbags to my sites that might be a lot of trouble ... i dont drive and i dont want another partner sniffing about . so i might make my own from forest mulch and add amendment additives ready for next year .

Its a absolutely beautiful day today looks like summer took its time ....25c and clear sky's and hot nights the plants wont know whats's hit them ...lol

Hoots

We're missing the heat here(no surprise), just low heavy cloud and drizzle.

Excellent for your plants Rocket High, looks like things are timing themselves perfect for you.

I think though that my Indian summer dancing worked well it's just that I need to be more location specific with the weather gods for next year.

Enjoy the sun I will be thinking of you all!

rocket high

Veteran
We're missing the heat here(no surprise), just low heavy cloud and drizzle.

Excellent for your plants Rocket High, looks like things are timing themselves perfect for you.

I think though that my Indian summer dancing worked well it's just that I need to be more location specific with the weather gods for next year.

Enjoy the sun I will be thinking of you all!

Did you not get any of the sun Hoots?

Today it's pissing with rain and is misty as hell ...back to normal it looks like ... im not going down to see the plants in that weather i'll wait untill a dry day if that ever comes lol .The deer might be on the scavenge as well as the veg is all dying back and my plants stick out a fair bit ....that's a open invitation to the deer damn it .

Do more dancing hoots ...a few more days sun could make all the difference to our harvest
wave.gif

G

Guest129216

Congrats with your one day of summer rocket................. And good luck further on. Really hoping your plants will bud upp more for you and that the mold will sod off!!!

yanupnorth

Thinking about harvesting my Purple Powers early as there was a little bud rot on one of them when I checked a couple of days ago, previously there was no sign of any, I think there about 2 weeks off. It's been incredibly misty with rain today & the forecast for the week ahead looks pretty dismal, I'm really not sure if they can handle it a little longer? what would you do? love some advice please, here's the forecast for my area for the week ahead.

weather.PNG

attachment.php