What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any ideas on how to recover pot from roaches?

Attachments

• 30499258-Donkey-with-head-stuck-in-fence-Stock-Photo.jpg
    30499258-Donkey-with-head-stuck-in-fence-Stock-Photo.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 13

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Cracker: a crispy wafer

Now THAT was funny. And very inventive.

You should have left the jackass pic off. With the jackass it became a political statement and your opinion. With just the definition alone, it was an ethnic joke.

Still, a very funny retort, IMO. Great sense of humor.

mojoman

I tried making qwiso with roaches...naww...it was purged from my house pretty quick....but some folk like roach weed...so they get my roach leavings...my .02

mojo

Sasati

When i make a joint, i put a little tobacco only right next to paper tip. Once you hit only tobacco, you know all the weed is done.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
For a person that smokes 10 to 20 joints a day, the roach tin fills up pretty fast. LMAO

I have a few of those gallon zipper bags full of roaches. Probably a couple pounds worth. Maybe 3. Hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands of roaches.

I hate to just throw them away but I always have close to a pound of good bud in my stash so I am never ever going to get around to smoking roaches. LOL (I hope).

I would give them to my friends but.... I don't have any. :(

I thought about just taking baggies of them and dropping them at some of the local bars around town for some lucky drunk to find. But, if the wrong person found them ... and there are cameras everywhere. Why risk that jail time just to give some roaches to some strangers.

So...... I come to the experts for ideas.

I use RAW tips and Element rice papers almost exclusively.

There is no way I going to squeeze the pot out of every single roach. It would take a year and I'll never smoke that crap anyway.

I thought about soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket of water to see what floats and what sinks.

With that thought, I could make bubble hash out of it. But, with all that ash, it's going to come out like shit.

Dealing with....rice paper, cardboard (tips), ash and pot. How to separate the 4.

Somehow, separating the ash would be nice. I wonder if ash floats or sinks in water.

Well, I am open to ideas before I just toss them in a dumpster.
In my most humblest opinion stop being so cheap and toss 'em!

Although "combusting" cannabis is safer than tobacco, combustion is combustion! Many used their spent "vaporized" weed in edibles, recycling roaches (especially if we grow our own) is not recommended. The last bit of a joint as you know is rather harsh, contains a lot of tar and other by-products of combusdtion (BAD) so why would you take that junk and medicate yourself?

Not trying to be ignorant but, toss that garbage :)

You got it! Quit smoking 8 yrs ago.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I used to give all my roaches to a friend until one day I gave him a bag of them and he said he is almost done with the last bag. I realized I was creating enough roaches to keep a stoner high. So now I put them in compost bucket and feed them to my worm farm.
good.gif

MrBungle

OK I can see tossing the roaches...

But what is wrong with vaped weed in edibles? it is the same as decarbing weed before you put it in your edibles, but you get high from it..... in my humble opinion, finding uses for your waste is being resourceful, not being cheap

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
As I pointed out in my OP, I'm not going to drop them in the park for some child to find. Or worse, a MADD mom who calls the police. My town is COVERED with cameras. I'm not going to prison for leaving drugs on a park bench.

Homeless people don't need drugs. They need jobs.

I wonder how an ethanol extraction would affect the ash. Problem is, the cardboard and paper would absorb more ethanol than it's worth. I still need to separate the paper and cardboard from the cannabis and ash.

I have a pneumatic paint shaker. I wonder if a vigorous shaking would do the trick.
... bad idea IMO. You will be extracting all the tars and "GUNK" as well. Not something I would want in my medicine or extraction. Those tars are known to hold the carcinogenics of combustion in them.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
LOL!

On topic? Just get a mint container and fill 'er up. When you think you have enough, pull them apart and re-roll them. We used to do it when we were kids, including scraping out our hash pipes, but all that stuff ever got me was a migraine.

Unless they're dusted with fentanil, I'd throw them away.
We didn't know better back then. Today, it is widely known as a NO NO but, I am sure many folks (children (or others) with lack of funds) still probably do!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
lol.
Remember the Roach Clip? I always burnt my lips on it because I was too stupid to just throw it away and light up another one.
"Don't bogart that joint man."
... many moons ago, when it got to small for even the RC, I simply ate it. Didn't know any better :(

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
OK I can see tossing the roaches...

But what is wrong with vaped weed in edibles? it is the same as decarbing weed before you put it in your edibles, but you get high from it..... in my humble opinion, finding uses for your waste is being resourceful, not being cheap
The operative word my friend is vaped weed isn't combusted, you are merely gassing off the good stuff into your lungs. No nasties from combustion and many use their (spent decarbed weed) in edibles. Nothing wrong with recycling :) That being said, roaches go to the land fill or compost pile!

Gry

Back in the day, eating the roach was a preventive safety factor. A single roach was all it took ...

Have to wonder who did the piece with the pipe and roaches. Neat as can be.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
OMG, this is too funny for words......

My band plays a regular gig at the same club every Wednesday for almost 10 years. I guess you could call us the house band. Anyway, at some of our gigs we use a confetti cannon to shoot paper confetti onto the dance floor.

Hmmmmm? Confetti canon...... bag of roaches????? My wheels were turning. LOL

We are not in a legal state but the club is very 420 friendly and people are always sitting on the patio smoking pot.

So, last night I took a couple ounces of the roaches and after the last song in our second set, just before our break, I put about an ounce of the roaches in the cannon and shot it onto the dance floor.

Well, I THOUGHT I was shooting onto the dance floor.

However, the extra weight of the roaches vs the paper confetti sent roaches flying across the entire bar, all the way to the back wall.... bonking people in the head and (one girl claimed) hitting people in the eye. LOL

I think people were a little pissed at first but as people started to notice what they were we could hear murmuring and then outright laughter as people started scurrying for the floor, grabbing what they could.

Later on, out back, the entire bar was smoking roaches. LMAO

The club owner was a tiny bit upset but overall, he thought it was hilarious.

Well, that's one ounce down and about 2 pounds to go. LOL