What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Camo Car Cover?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Does anybody know where one can get a foilage type or camo cover or tarp to conceal one's vehicle in the bush?

I was thinking something along the lines of what Brown Dirt Warrior put over his truck.

Obviously not all guerrilla locations call for discreet parking in the woods, but some do. And it'd be nice not to have to shit myself even more than I already do whenever I hear a helicopter because I have to worry about them spotting my vehicle off of some back ass dirt road or on a trail.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I got mine from cabelas I think.. expensive stuff..think I paid like 80$ each.. you can get cheap camo tarps anywhere... harbor freight has em I think Walmart too... I like the military netting type over the tarp....yeehaw

B

BAKED_BEANZ

problem is if some random person comes across your truck, there is know doubt in there mind about what your up to in the forest. they can't right it off as a random hiker or whatever. but hey if your guaranteed this won't happen and just for choppers go for it.

just a thought.

vostok

Veteran
Pitty is correct, if you don't own the land ..you put you and the car at risk, the deal is to make you car 'normal' or you can make your own for very little, a cheap car cover grey or green with DIY camo green and brown sprayed over, but I'd stay with Pitty's advice ...just be normal

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I always used to cover my ride when deep backwoods ..some situations def require the camo...even hunting as I have had my ride broken into while hunting...yeehaw ..if you do it right no one will ever know,,i would suggest adding local vegetation too...cheap camo is just that ..realtree..

Apache Kush

Military surplus stores, too if you have one near where you live have them...

Some good advice here, but MadJag a outdoor old timer expert said to never take your car to the spot you inflitrate/exfiltrate your grow. If any LEO's are watching or have game cameras on roads into places they got your plates, they got your info, they got your home address. He instead would recommend having a another trusted friend's vehicle do the dirty work, but thats pro shit. Your welcome..

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
getting caught by game camera is rookie shit anyhow...them babies stand out with nightvision .. but that's another deal,,using someone elses ride is a good thing ...yeehaw.. are the new game cameras totally silent ?? my walkers game ears used to pick up my old ones clicking...

vostok

Veteran
Do hunters hide their rides ....? first I ever heard of that, but if I'm downtown LA or Detroit maybe, but rural ....lol seems a bit much?

vostok

Veteran
I think that buying a camo car cover is usually a fashion statement, like this-

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3lll10zunk_e

192-8816907-1896953

but these fashion statements pay dividends ...lol

Apache Kush

Do hunters hide their rides ....? ....lol seems a bit much?

Yeah man. People (tweekers*) break into cars while your off hunting and fishing because they know your not around and they want your gear and shit inside your truck and pawn it or put it on CR'list. I know people whose cars windows got broken into and all their expensive camping, hunting, fly fishing gear got stolen, so it can happen out in the backwoods.

Last edited:
Yeah man. People (tweekers*) break into cars while your off hunting and fishing because they know your not around and they want your gear and shit inside your truck and pawn it or put it on CR'list. I know people whose cars windows got broken into and all their expensive camping, hunting, fly fishing gear got stolen, so it can happen out in the backwoods.

Too True, a lot of low life fuckers around. As for the camo tarp, it would look a bit strange in my neck of the woods...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Camo of a different kind

Camo of a different kind

I like to do the mountain bike look or if I have a lot of stuff the backpacker or hunter if it's in season. My thinking is I could always claim to have just found the patch of pretty flowers while lost. From dealing with law enforcement daily the key is to direct any conversations or questions to what they can do to help me get home. Play dehydrated or pretend to be gay if you want them to really to leave you alone.