What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Western Winds Smoke Report

Hi all! I just wanted to do a smoke report on some Western Winds. I chopped her down after 10 weeks flowering(I didn't have a scope, I just kinda went w/ my gut) No herming, even with some interruptions during the dark period.

Appearance: This bud is very unique looking. It is just like the description I read on attitude-"Sensimillia spearheads", heavy sativa bud structure.

Smell: Wow. I have never smelled bud like this. I wish I could have kept a clone of this pheno :(. Very unique diesely, spicy smell. It smells even when its in the jar.

Taste: It tastes like a hint of fuel mixed w/ fruit. Tastes great after a 10 day flush in hydro.

High: Now, this is not the best bud I have ever smoked(comes close) and she could have went for another week flowering, but having said that, the high is that of a unique sativa, great for daytime smokes. I would give it a 8.5/10 for potency.
This bud is creeper.It is also very up,clear, giggly,and uplifiting with little body high and no couchlock, yet it is very relaxing at the same time. The 1 thing that makes this my favorite bud is the come down. Instead of feeling tired, or groggy, this bud slides you into a clean landing. Also, this is the ONLY bud that does not give me any after affects the next day no matter how much I smoke, even if i go to sleep high. Some strains can leave me disoriented and "out of it" the next day, and I absolutely hate that feeling.
Another unique thing about this strain is that it "cuts thru" w/e you've got going on b4 you smoked. For example, I had been out drinking and as soon as I toked some WW, it was like I was barely buzzn anymore, just mary j on the brain.This stain is great for pain, esp menstrual cramps and hangover pain.

Overall, I really enjoy this strain and I hope to keep it around. Any1 who smoked it w/ me raved about it b/c every1 is used to indica dom stuff round here. Very unique strain. Props to Tony from Sag for making a wonderful strain.:thank you:

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
I enjoyed your smoke report. I myself have grow sags gear and find it is somewhat under rated. There ''early riser'' is some of the best outdoor bud i've grown.

I enjoyed your smoke report. I myself have grow sags gear and find it is somewhat under rated. There ''early riser'' is some of the best outdoor bud i've grown.

Thanks! Yes, I have to agree with you, Sag is very underrated, yet their prices are very reasonable. It seems as if growers rather just stick to what everyone else talks about and they miss out on some wonderful stains. Is early riser an autoflower or just a fast finishing strain??

Western Winds supposedly comes from the same genetics as the early version of Kali Mist. This smoke report would seem to confirm that--thanks for posting, SDS.

Edit: should say "similar" genetics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=18498&page=3

Yes, I have to agree. On the bag the seeds came in it reads, Western Winds "Kali Mist". Even though I have never smoked Kali Mist,I would say they are similar. I've seen pictures of Kali Mist that looked similar to my Western Winds, that indica look in early veg which switches to a more sativa looking plant in flowering(some phenos).

whodair

Veteran
Appearance: This bud is very unique looking. It is just like the description I read on attitude-"Sensimillia spearheads", heavy sativa bud structure.

Smell: Wow. I have never smelled bud like this. I wish I could have kept a clone of this pheno :(. Very unique diesely, spicy smell. It smells even when its in the jar.

agree !!! sativa spears and some spicy smell !!

Yes, I have to agree. On the bag the seeds came in it reads, Western Winds "Kali Mist". Even though I have never smoked Kali Mist,I would say they are similar. I've seen pictures of Kali Mist that looked similar to my Western Winds, that indica look in early veg which switches to a more sativa looking plant in flowering(some phenos).

im growing a kali cross now, here she is at day 38 12/12, and in vegg. once again i agree, pretty fat leaves as a vegg plant, but all sativa when flowering !!

picture.php

picture.php

enjoy the fine smoke !!

Y

Yankee Grower

Yeah Western Winds and Kali Mist have the roots in the same cut from what I know and when Simon at Serious and Tony at Sagarmatha split they went in slightly different directions. I had some WW beans but turned them over to a friend. The Kali Mist cut I had was the best smoke I've ever had and nothing else has even come close. Both WW and KM offer some incredible phenos.

KRD

I thought moe mist was kali mist x mustang mist which would make it mostly kali, smoe crossed jdoggs mustang mist to his kali mist.

bodymind

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

great report! above are some photos of a red stemmed pure sativa pheno of mod's kalimost x cocoa kush/flo f2. i haven't smoked any yet, but it is a very unique plat with an earthy incense scent that i believe must be a building block of the kali line.
i'm really excited about this plant and this line in general. does anyone have pics of the western winds?

Y

Yankee Grower

I thought moe mist was kali mist x mustang mist which would make it mostly kali, smoe crossed jdoggs mustang mist to his kali mist.
I just remember Joe saying the Kali did not come through like he was wanting. Regardless of the % on paper some genetics just take over a bit.

Wow! Thanks 4 all the responses! I can't believe I forgot 2 post pics.
Dried Bud:
picture.php

picture.php

A cola @ Harvest:
picture.php

About 3-4 weeks flowering:
picture.php

6 weeks:

picture.php

8 weeks:
picture.php

picture.php

She was vegged for 2 1/2 weeks w/some lst

sanjuan

Very nice indeed!
I'm thinking I'll run my (fem) Western Winds before trying the (reg) Kali Mist in my seed collection.

indicat33

my western winds (Sagarmatha)

my western winds (Sagarmatha)

Here are my W.W. pre-flowering/ They were vegged in partial sunlight all summer long and now throwing pistils. Finally, flowering time has arrived !!!

Attachments

• DSCN0737.jpg
    DSCN0737.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 29

HOVAH2.0

Western Winds supposedly comes from the same genetics as the early version of Kali Mist. This smoke report would seem to confirm that--thanks for posting, SDS.

Edit: should say "similar" genetics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=18498&page=3

Western Winds is Kali Mist.... but Kali Mist is a lot more refined and it finishes in 60 days. IMHO

:also Kali Mist after about 50days starts form droplets of goo, its the only strain Ive grown that does that stuff.. I would show the pics but my laptop got stolen with over 10 years worth photos..F*ck the SanFran dopeheads!

Grassimo

I grew out Kali mist before, couple years back. Was nice but not as nice as I remembered it WAYYY back.

Heard of WW, now in week 8 flowering, and looks/smells very similar. Cant wait to try it!