What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese favourite strain?

G

Hello there!
What is the favourite strain of Japanese growers and why? :chin:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Blueberry is a popular strain in Japan. The reason is because Japanese don't have taste and only buy things with names they know. They are very into brands. If you gave then a sample of a very string grass with a name they don't know and an average sample of blueberry, they'd pick the blueberry 9 out of 10 times. Recently the number of strains has grown, but the just buy the ones that the head shops bring in or cup champions. Brands are king.

As far as native strains, there is a native indica that grows wild and finishes quickly with a low yield and an average high (i still like it) called dosanko, which is slang for people who live in Hokkaido.

G

Japanfreakier said:
Blueberry is a popular strain in Japan. [...] they'd pick the blueberry 9 out of 10 times. [...] Brands are king.

Sad, so sad :badday:

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
interesting :chin:

I'd go sell fake Arjan ultra haze #1 to japanese people...dont worry..they'd be better seeds than the original Greehouse version for sure lol

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Just about anywhere. I went to a Reggae fest there once and it was literally growing around the outskirts of the fields. The police don't bother cutting it down, but in the fall they stop cars that have plates from different parts of the countries and check their trunks. Some people make a shit load of money by hunting for them like truffles and selling them in the cities.

G

If it grew wild in my area and was worth it's trichomes of course I would harvest it and even spread the seeds around at the same time.

More power to them and I hope they use innovative ways to evade the piggys.

C.N.C

in miyazaki there is a strain called "360". that has to be my favorite japanese strains you can olny get it in the fourm of a joint though...

:joint:

Japanfreakier: Pls try F-13, from DJ.....

Japanfreakier: Pls try F-13, from DJ.....

..... F-13 is another great strain from DJ short, who created Blueberry. I have pics of my best F-13 below. I also would like to take a secound to say hello to all you in Nihon. I am in the USA and have a deep love for my Nihon brothers and sisters. I was the oldest of many children in my family untill my new older brother came to live with us from japan, was to be a year of school exchange student but he stayed to finish 4 years of school and to me he is my older brother. Happa is hard in japan and can cost alot i know. but with the culture and strive for perfection of the Japanese people i'm sure it is of the upmost quality. F-13 would be a well loved strain of the Japanese people if it were to make it on market. grow for all the right reasons, subarashi Happa. GF

subliminal

WAMEN said:
interesting :chin:

I'd go sell fake Arjan ultra haze #1 to japanese people...dont worry..they'd be better seeds than the original Greehouse version for sure lol

you can keep your fake seeds in italy please. people take big risk to grow here.

Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 is one of the best strains I've smoked in amsterdam, so you don't even know what you are talking about.

Don't insult the japanese. they are good people, they are very picky about brands because they like quality.

people like you, that want to sell fake seeds are bad for the scene, especially in japan, a lot people put out immitations, since they seem to sell so good.

so please keep the fake seeds at home and don't encourage such a silly business.

G

dude don't believe the hype, good pot is good pot...also don't be so naive to think that arjan didn't buy off everyone judging the cup to ensure his bud won...this is common knowledge in europe but maybe not so in japan...

'fake' seeds and 'fake' pot are found for sale in the pages of High Times, which is the 'sponsor' of the cup that arjan 'won'...i'm certain that wamen has some killer crosses on hand, but then u wouldn't know anything about that either, lol...

the issue being discussed is more about the pot anyhow, and there are very few people who can just look at pot after it has been dried and is in a sack and can make solid guesses as to what it is...here in my neck of the woods u smoke the pot to decide how good it is...so just cause someone is telling u the bud is some specific type u have no way of knowing for sure...

GOSH

subliminal said:
you can keep your fake seeds in italy please. people take big risk to grow here.

Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 is one of the best strains I've smoked in amsterdam, so you don't even know what you are talking about.

Don't insult the japanese. they are good people, they are very picky about brands because they like quality.

people like you, that want to sell fake seeds are bad for the scene, especially in japan, a lot people put out immitations, since they seem to sell so good.

so please keep the fake seeds at home and don't encourage such a silly business.
Oh no man! fake seeds out also from Italy!
Also here we take big risk growing! Probably wamen was playing, i hope...
enjoy growing!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
subliminal said:

I'm sorry, but I just noticed this and it made me laugh my ass off. Japanese don't give a shit about quality and wouldn't know it if it bite them on their ass. The reason the buy "Brands" is because they are most programmed consumers on the planet. A few years back there was a big problem with well off girls selling their bodies for a few hundred bucks so they could buy "brand" bags like Gucci and Prada. We're talking 15~17 year olds.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
jiboia said:
...so.... what are the favorite strains of Japanese???

Anything they can remeber the name of. If you want to sell grass to a Japanese person just tell them it's "Ams."

highclasscandy

Japanfreakier said:
I'm sorry, but I just noticed this and it made me laugh my ass off. Japanese don't give a shit about quality and wouldn't know it if it bite them on their ass. The reason the buy "Brands" is because they are most programmed consumers on the planet. A few years back there was a big problem with well off girls selling their bodies for a few hundred bucks so they could buy "brand" bags like Gucci and Prada. We're talking 15~17 year olds.
Bold Words
...but what do i know... :asskick:

Latest posts

Latest posts