What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Baffled meets Jilly

Hi folks,

Here id like to share my current grow, which is Jillybean from Mz. Jill of TGA.
Jillybean is Orange Velvet x Space Queen.
I popped 4 beans ala my usual method and they all got planted 36 hours later into a mix of compost and perlite at a rate of about 60/40. They've been fed nothing but pH adjusted tap water so far, apart from one dose of bio bizz root juice. Excellent stuff, I recommend it. The first few leaf sets suffered a little heat stress but the plants are looking good as new now. There at about the 5-6th node and have been topped. I suspect I have 3 females and 1 male, not 100% sure yet, its still early days.
Here they are in no particular order at about 3 weeks veg

Peace
Baffled

Last edited:

acidfire

They look great sofar!

Orange Velvet x (Romulan x C99) eh? I'm sure you'll find a couple winners in that pack.
I remember someone saying that the OV has a stronger orange smell than the cali-o.

*pulls up a chair* :lurk:

Well its been a while, all 4 plants turned out to be ladies. They've been under 12/12 for about a week, have started to get quite hungry and a little stretchy. I'll take some pics soon and update.
Peace
Baffled

P.S forgot to mention, early on in veg some of the plants did have very distinct orangey aroma's, the kind of smell you get when you start to peel a nice juicy fresh orange, hand get to the pith. Can't notice them at the present time, but am hoping it comes on strong once buds start to set.

Last edited:
A little late to update I know, but I've been having a few problemo's lately.
Anyways, on with the show, as they say!
First off, all the ladies sunbathing in some artificial lumens, HPS on

Next up a few little bud sites starting to take shape.

And then lastly some side shots of a couple of the plants to show the growth, and shape.

Anyone else like full plant shots or is it just me lol, joking aside, I find them handy sometimes, hope this thread can be of some use to my fellow ic'ers.
Any q's, just give me a holla.
Peace
Baffled

G

You have some beautiful ladies there Baffled.
How tall are they? What are you feeding them now?
Ill be watching :lurk: Sounds like an excellent strain. :joint:

btw where did you get the Jillybeans from? I didnt know they were still being sold.

deZerTomB

I like full plant shots, baffled, it shows what kind of growth, stretch, bushiness which are important factors to me in the overall quality or worth of the plant.

Those ladies look very verry happy, baffled, keep up the good work.

Hey Indo- PM winging its way to you for details. They are roughly 3 foot from the top of the soil to the tallest growing tips, they've exhausted any nutrients that were in the soil and have to be fed every watering now. During veg I like to use Bio-Bizz grow, been using it ever since I first tried it, I think its great stuff IMO. Early on I add a small dose of Bio-Bizz rootjuice and again once every time I repot. I continue to only add Bio-Bizz grow for the first two weeks of flowering then switch to Advanced Nutrients, Iguana Juice Bloom and Sweet Leaf additive, I've found these flowering nutes to be better than Bio-Bizz Bloom although they smell disgusting (fish based). Occasionally during flowering I supplement the feed with the odd bit of vegging nutes to help maintain a healthy plant, only when the plant looks like it needs some mind.

deZerTomB- I agree, I like to put whole plant shots in to give prospective growers an idea of what to expect, plus I like them and its a good record for me too.

Thanks y'all for visiting
Baffled

Hi Dignan, Ogrefugee thanks for stopping by.

Well heres what a few days of monkey love can do to the ladies, they're now filling the bloom room perfectly lol.

An aerial shot taken from a top a chair,(Note to self: dont attempt again whilst high)

Another side shot, think this is a diff plant from last time, not sure I just pulled out the nearest lady, but it does show the explosion in growth from last time.

And lastly bud sites popping up all over. Should be some decent cola's by harvest time.

Peace and much love
Baffled

Latest posts

Latest posts