What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow. Bubba Kush, Cinderella 99, Master Kush, and Sour Diesel

RalphWiley

This is my first grow. Flower is under a 400w HPS, veg is under a 2ft 6 bulb T5 floro. Ventilation is handled via twin 4" vortexes, one pulling air across the light and the other sucking cab air through a carbon filter. Substrate is canna coco with canna nutes. Enough with the details, here's the garden:

Back Row: Master Kush, Sour Diesel, Sour Diesel.
Front Row: Bubba Kush, Cinderella 99, Master Kush

These are at about 30 days right now. Had a few issues, but on the whole I feel pretty good for my first grow. Used LST to keep the heights down, and with 400w for a 3x2 space I've got a pretty decent amount of light. Here's another pic:

Finally, next up we've got two trainwrecks, a humbolt snow and another bubba kush. The party cups are master kush and sour diesel clones from the current batch. Since I have to wait patiently for my flowering plants to finish, I'm perfecting my LST technique on these guys.

I'd love to hear some feedback!

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
BA Bubba

BA Bubba

Damb right ralph! nice grow and nice gentics startin off with the bubba never had it like to try it one day

have you thought of putting the smaller girls on pedestals to get a more even canopy

nice grow and GL
:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

Last edited:

RalphWiley

Thanks, Benny! Bubba's one of my favorite strains. It tends to be a little small and slow (at least compared to the Sour D and Master Kush), but the flavor and high are just awesome. Here's a pic of one of the bubba kush flowers:

And a Master Kush as well:

grilledcheese

gardens looks good ralph. i really wanna try growing in coco, it seems alot better then soil. anyways ill be watching. good luck:smoker:

Allusive

Looks great! Very nice garden you got going on. You've made the 3'x2' space work for you efficiently, with great genetics.

I'm sure it will be a wonderful harvest!

Keep us updated and good luck on the grow!

:smoke:

RalphWiley

Wow, thanks for all of the positive feedback! This grow is certainly a learning experience (PHing water, trying to compare sick leaves to the pictures in Stitch's guide, etc), but I'm absolutely astounded at what my tiny clones have turned into. Here's some bud pics from the strains I missed yesterday, hope you enjoy!

Sour Diesel at approximately 32 days:

And Cinderella 99, also at 32 days.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
omfg .....sutch nice strains on your first grow..... :woohoo:
i wish i had them... :chin: :pointlaug
nice looking plants mate keep it up :joint:

rastamonunika

looking great Ralph! well done! Love to see some pics of the cab design too, looks nice and clean =)

looking lovely! Did you build the cab yourself or did u choose to go the Cxx route>?

either way, well done!

lots of Love and Light
unika

RalphWiley

I'm completely spoiled when it comes to a first grow... all I can say is I've been contemplating doing this for a long time, and did a lot of searching for the genetics I desired. I'm limited to six mature plants, so it pays to be choosey. Next grow the only duplicated strain will be trainwreck (two different phenos and I want the best one), and after that I hope to replace one with Green Crack (aka Cush).

I built the cab myself. It's a heavily-modified ikea wardrobe using 4" calumet darkroom louvers for ventilation (both incoming and between veg and flower chambers). When closed, the cabinet is unremarkable and easily ignored (that's why the fans are mounted in the cab). The cab itself is in an out of the way spot, I've taken the first rule of growing to heart and would really prefer that no one, besides icmag posters ;), know about it. Enough talk, here's a pic of the cab from a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

RalphWiley

Was looking over my pics tonight and found one of these plants back when I first got them... figured I'd add it into this thread for posterity's sake. Back then I couldn't imagine them getting this big, now I can barely remember them being so small.

RalphWiley

Got my hands on a really nice light meter today, and boy was that eye-opening. Wound up rearranging the cabinet a bit and boosting a couple plants closer to the light. All are now between 18000 and 40000 lux, and I understand where the "sweet spot" is for my grow. Next time around will definitely be a scrog.

Both master kushes are suffering a mg deficiency, so I've added some calmag. I've had some suspicions for awhile that canna is low on magnesium, and that seems confirmed. I'll definitely be adding some lime when I move the plants that are in veg.

The sour diesels are taking off and getting huge! Trichs are still clear, if I can figure out how I'll try and get some pics from under the microscope. For now, you'll have to make do with a shot of the main cola and a bud shot.

Can't believe the smell... I'm using ona gel to supplement the carbon filter so I don't have any ambient aroma, but any time I touch them I have to wash my hands a couple of times to get the scent off. Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm hoping everything goes okay for the home stretch.