What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My PPM is rising..

ChenBenTz

In trying to figure out how much water to add versus how much nutrients to top off, I've been keeping track of the PPM in my reservoir.

But it seems like the PPM has been rising instead of falling.

What does that mean?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That your ppm is too high. A balanced res is the ppm go down and the ph rises slightly.

Biggest mistake is not completely changing out the res each week. Just doing that avoids a litany of problems.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Yup, basically what Lester said..

Just add back water during the week and kinda monitor the ppm until you figure out what ppm she likes at each stage. If the ppms are going up, you don't need more nutes, you need less. For example, lets say I got a girl and shes at 650 ppms in veg on a fresh res and I come back the next day and its 700, and 730 the day after that.. well, we know she is eating less then 650 to begin with. So you start diluting your res with plain water and get it down to maybe 600 and see what happens. Check it the next day and see if its steady at 600 or still rising... Rinse and repeat until you find the sweet spot. Once you find the spot where it's steady or dropping slightly, you should be golden and the PH should be pretty damn stable. That's pretty much it.