What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strange grow droop, any ideas?

high_altitude

First time poster, long time lurker. I seek the wisdom of the growing gods on my current run.

I'm running some ACSB seeds; 2x Hellfire OG and 2x Luke's Ghost.

The plants have been drooping the entirety of the grow; they've been at 12/12 for around 5 days now

Some stats about the setup:

I'm running the plants in coco and feeding 3x daily every 4 hours using a Jack's 3/2/1 mix (3.6g jack's 5-11-26, 2.4g cal nitrate, 1.2g epsom per gallon).

I've had them at 1.5 EC and 6.2 pH sustained for weeks.

Tent temp is 75 deg at 50% humidity. I'm growing at 8000 feet alt.

I've experienced the leaves being droopy with "ridges" (striations?) since they went into veg.

Strangely, one plant (single plant pic - hellfire OG) is super perky, but the others have experienced pretty consistent droop.

They're also getting 50k lux (50k lumens/m^2) via LED q88 boards the entire grow.

Thanks for all the info you guys pump out, massively great reading and education.

Gazoo31

In my experience with coco they look overwatered. Is the coco straight or cut with anything? When I experienced the same issues I reduced my watering cycle to once a day or every other. It’s not what most recommend or do in coco but it’s worked for me.

high_altitude

In my experience with coco they look overwatered. Is the coco straight or cut with anything? When I experienced the same issues I reduced my watering cycle to once a day or every other. It’s not what most recommend or do in coco but it’s worked for me.

Thanks for the response. I'll move them to a single feeding a day and see if they pick up from there! It's strange because they have a really solid root structure showing above and below the coco in the pot.

I didn't even know IC had a Coco section, this should've been posted there.

Gazoo31

Yes the coco forum seems busier. Also I noticed your ph is a little high. You could try doing a slow swing of the ph from 5.7-6.2 and see how that does.

What’s your run off ppm and ph ? My best results were by letting the medium dry out a touch and measuring my runoff ppm. If it is much higher than your feed strength you know the plant is not uptaking. I shot for same out as in or slightly less then in. If that makes sense lol.