What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Oregon

I'm curious to hear from those of you that are growing and selling cannabis flowers in Oregon. A friend and I are considering moving to a legal state and jumping on this freight train. From what I've read its one of the easiest states to get setup in.

Anyone out there risked it all and relocated to a legal MMJ state to set up a grow for profit legally? What is a unit of the higest grade going for at the dispensaries these days? if so id like to hear your experiences.

Last edited:
It's going to take a lot of money in investment. Even if you buy a turn key farm there are lots of costs in operation plus your payment on the farm, property tax and general upkeep. Property has been selling for the millions here. A small farm you might be able to get for 850,000. There is a company here in Humboldt that is setting up land for legal grow leases. You can check Humboldt craigslist for places for sale or lease. Dispensaries are highly competitive and doubt that a novice grower will be able to supply them. Prices range significantly. Next year in California you will not be able to directly sell to dispensaries only to distributors. It is still very risky investment too because of federal status and the douche bags in our Executive Branch of government.

My advice to you is if you already have a market from where you are from then it is best to rent something in your area and blow it up big time. Shipping containers are a good deal. If you want to get into the legal side then I would suggest finding a niche in the retail or distribution markets. Your best bet is to find an area where it will be legal soon and open up a grow store.

p0opstlnksal0t

I've seen plenty of small 1000 sq ft warehouse type places for rent for like a grand a month. Why couldn't a person run a small operation with vertical coliseums. 9- 10 lbs per coliseum with 5-6 in a small warehouse space aND space them out a few weeks apart.

From what I see in oregon you're lucky to get 1200-1300 for a pound of high grade. And the market is just so flooded that people are unable to sell it. I wonder if you could grow it efficient enough to undercut the market and unload 10 lbs every 1-2 weeks or so in a not so swamped area.

It's going to take a lot of money in investment. Even if you buy a turn key farm there are lots of costs in operation plus your payment on the farm, property tax and general upkeep. Property has been selling for the millions here. A small farm you might be able to get for 850,000. There is a company here in Humboldt that is setting up land for legal grow leases. You can check Humboldt craigslist for places for sale or lease. Dispensaries are highly competitive and doubt that a novice grower will be able to supply them. Prices range significantly. Next year in California you will not be able to directly sell to dispensaries only to distributors. It is still very risky investment too because of federal status and the douche bags in our Executive Branch of government.

My advice to you is if you already have a market from where you are from then it is best to rent something in your area and blow it up big time. Shipping containers are a good deal. If you want to get into the legal side then I would suggest finding a niche in the retail or distribution markets. Your best bet is to find an area where it will be legal soon and open up a grow store.

Investment is taken care of. Setting up shop in my neck of the woods is not sound advice even in the slightest. Also i'm not sure why you assumed my growing skills are not up to dispensary standards but we'll agree to disagree there. To be quite honest you answered none of my questions ran off topic and delivered some pretty shitty advice. Thanks anyways.