What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSO Oil - Strain/Extraction Methods

realSTONEDtimes

What is the best Strain / Extraction Solvent You've used to Make RSO Oil?

I used Platinum OG Kush with 97 Isopropyl Alcohol for extraction. Turned out VERY thick. Have to run the syringe under hot water to get the oil out.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use everclear & it does the same thing .
i just squeeze it in my palm for a minute or so & let my body temp warm it up enough to squeeze out some .

PDX Dopesmoker

The better purged it is the hard it is to get out of the syringe, but if you're using an edible solvent and you don't want to smoke the resulting oil you can use that fact to your advantage and purposely stop the batch before its finished to get a thinner fluid.

Hi. Although you can make it with Isopropyl it is not true RSO. You need a higher proof alcohol like everclear or ideally ether. The iso version is great for topical but not for smoking. Also true RSO is used with flowers. You can dilute it or use a metal daber and heat it until the oil drips off. Pretty sure he outlines these keypoints in his how to videos available at phoenixtears.ca

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'm with dansbuds on this one... Iso causes cumulative damage and is listed as class 3 cancer unknown, while ethanol is listed as food-grade and has no such distinction. Ethanol makes excellent RSO.

Last edited: