What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any crypto miners?

vaporizeWa

Hey im a cryptominer, anyone else into mining? what are you mining and what is your gear?

im doing 5xr290's on dwarfpool for eth. getting like 100 mh

sadpanda

i guarantee there's some kids out there in some countries who're running units that cost their parents more in electricity than the bitcoins they end up mining

I got a couple friends who do some mining here in OR. But i wanted to get in to it myself. Im not too sure how though...

oldbootz

Veteran
Mining is all about the maths.

((Price of mining unit / amount of months of life time of miner before difficulty rating becomes too high per kW) + kW hour cost per month) <= monthly amount of coin mined

If you can take the byproducts and reuse them, then it becomes more profitable. In cold places like Canada they use the miners excess heat for indoor heating.

When you run these calculations you will realize that mining is not some free money industry. It comes with major pitfalls and risks. You could find yourself sitting on $10,000 of useless equipment that wont work as well as a toaster does to toast bread.

Not the case anymore. I got two antminer s5 s. Make me about .0015 btc a day. About to get a rig for Ethereum set up
At the current btc price of US $6,966.03, your two antminer's are making you a grand total of $10.45/day. Subtract electricity costs and I suspect it will be a while before you break even.

LibertyGuz

I am trying to learn this but it's really hard. I got a lot of tokens but I don't know how to exchange it? Any idea??? Some said I need to have ETH first in order to sell the tokens.

At the current btc price of US $6,966.03, your two antminer's are making you a grand total of $10.45/day. Subtract electricity costs and I suspect it will be a while before you break even.

Well I sold those miners about 9 months ago and used the proceedes of 600 to buy btc which I sold for 2100 and bought a eth, xmr, Sia miner that has already netted me 750... So it definitely broke even haha you responded very late to that post.

Well I sold those miners about 9 months ago and used the proceedes of 600 to buy btc which I sold for 2100 and bought a eth, xmr, Sia miner that has already netted me 750... So it definitely broke even haha you responded very late to that post.
I'm glad it has worked out OK for you so far. :tiphat:

Don't forget to include all your outlays and expenses when calculating how much profit your mining actually makes.

davers

I am interested in cryptocurrency investment. I think cryptos is stable now and it is easy to earn money if you choose profitable project. One of them is which I suggest you to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Depends on where you live, and what your goal is. BTC were 10,000 coins for $1.00 at their creation. Each coin is now averaging around $9,000USD each, and mining difficulty is insane.

The question is whether you're looking to make an immediate profit, or if you're looking to invest in a possible future payoff. Odds are decent BTC will go well past $30k, with good arguments for $1MUSD each or more.

This potential makes the electrical costs for $10 in BTC/day, for anyone who can afford it, an easy gamble. Were I able, I'd be mining. Especially at my ridiculously low electricity prices. :tiphat:

St. Phatty

Bought a mining card back in 2014, but couldn't figure out how to set up the software.

Still using the graphics card.

davers

I have interest in it too. I created business and my current project use blockchain. For promotion my work I decided try to use help of ad network bitcoin where everyone can find different crypto projects and clients.

Last edited:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I just got an Antminer s17+ 73THs going mining Bitcoin hosted in Europe where electricity is AU$0.10 kwh and am making about AU$25 per day after electricity cost, it cost me AU$5700 for the miner (the price has gone up to AU$7500 at the Mining Store) meaning a payback time of 228 days or about 8.14 months.

Last edited:

H.Marks

I saw something on the net the other day guy is making about 2.5k a month but has invested heavely in loads of servers etc just for that job.

Sounds interesting if you really get into it and have the cash to invest. More electricity than growing a few plants and thats for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts