What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Raspberry Pi

45th

I'm on the verge of ordering, building, using, modding and enjoying their use...cancelled DISH today and will incorporate solar charging :)

Anyone else with the same interests...monitoring greenhouse stats, etc.

45TH

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Got a Pi2B for eldest at xmas - waiting to hear how it's working. He asked for it, but I'd already picked it up. Great minds.

i got my arduino uno and components here but not really having time to put everything together.

I have temp, humidity, ph, moisture sensors and a fona to relay data back to me through a 3g network with a prepaid.

I'll get a co2 sensor soon also but like i said I need to start tinkering with it code wise.

Raspberry Pi are awesome! Great tool to learn Linux and tinker with add-ons.

I have a Raspberry Pi that captures temp and humidity every 15min. and records it to a private website. I visit the website to see a graph of the last 24hr and 48hr.

thread revival. I got my dht sensors working with the arduino and a sim808 module.

Right now, I can text a command to the sim808 and retrieve temp and humi data for 4 locations.

Currently using an arduino uno but looks like i'll be upgrading to a mega and perhaps zero. The zero don't have much libraries so that will be later. Due to the lack of storage spaces of the uno, maybe the mega will help. I'll be adding a data logger( which takes up a shitload of memory just to store memory) and will start looking into uploading my data to a server.

As for the co2 sensor, I haven't gotten it to work due to some code issues and calibration methods.

i had ordered the mg811 but found out it sucks because it needs a heating element and to calibrate it correctly, you'll have to have an expensive kit. I am looking into the T6713 co2 sensor, which uses laser technology and has an auto calibration. I looked into the library thats already available and I'll need to familiarize myself with it before I make the purchase.

CannaBruh

Thank you, that's a neat little unit.

This language from the datasheet is interesting..

Subjecting sensors to environments less
than 400 ppm for more than 15 minutes may
affect accuracy due to ABC Logic algorithm.

Wonder what that all means.?

the ABC logic algorithm is the auto calibration technology. It's dependent on the fact that the average normal co2 levels outside is 400ppm. So it seems that it uses 400ppm as some short of base case to keep those units regularly calibrated and subjecting it to less than 400(a vacuum) can mess up the ABC logic algorithm.

Latest posts

Latest posts