What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Troubleshooting leaf droop

Hi there,
This is my first attempt of a ebb&flow hydro system. The SCROG type system composes of:
(2) 3'x3' hydro table
(2) 40 gallon reservoirs (filled to 15-21 gallons)
6" net pots filled with Royal Gold Tupors mix (coco, perlite, compost) and fine pumice.
Veg 18/6 was 600w MH on light mover
Flower 11(on)/13(off) (2) 1000 watt adjustable HPS 3ft above canopy. As of day 39 (date of pictures) they are set at 750w. The first ~3 weeks set at 600w.
In each reservoir I have 2 different nutrient solutions. In the first reservoir a 2 part solution is used. The second reservoir is a commercial grade one part solution with kelp and humic. Water is direct spring water @34ppm. About every 7 days reservoirs have been emptied, rinsed and replenished with PPMs at 500-800. Trying to shoot for a 6.0 pH with citric acid. Accuracy needs some practice but have managed to stay within 5.5-6.5 and since have learned proper pH techniques. Check and adjust every day minus 1 or 2 days. It usually goes up to 7.2-7.5 one time 7.8 after the flood/drain.
The 3x3 trays get flooded 15 minutes each day. Three times now the timer has been turned off for a day to dry the soil out to see if the problem was from over watering. The water line goes halfway up the net pots.
As of day 38, reservoirs were emptied, washed and replenished with spring water, Magnesium Sulfate at 5ml per gallon, then pH to ~6.0. The drain level was raised to cover more than 70% of net pot and the pumps were left on for a few hours. Also a pump was added to each tank to help mix the nutrient solution better. I do have airstones running in each but that is in progress of being improved upon.
Day 39 the water was at ~7.2 so I got it down to 5.8 and 6.1. Then left on with just the water and epsom salt, no nutrients.
The strain is OG.
Air temperature stays around 80. The highest i have seen it was 88 during a brief heat wave.
Possible Diagnosis
1. Not enough water (raised drain level)
2. pH (work on becoming more accurate in adjustment)
3. water (adding a garden hose filter. have had problems linked to water source before)
4. Nutrients (not sure if too much, too little or improper ratio)
5. Lights too close (turn down setting or go back to 1 1000w on light rail)
6. Air flow
7. Mosaic Virus (mopping up after dealing with it for well over a year. these though are missing a few key symptoms but will not rule it out)

IMG_2412.jpg IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts