What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Privacy, Security, Anonymity

Skip

Veteran
Sorry but we don't use third party image hosting here.
It's all on our servers which do strip EXIF data if the image is resized by us.

Yes, we allow ppl to use some external image hosting in their posts, but we have nothing to do with that.
We don't recommend ppl use those services for various reasons.

In fact, I am personally opposed to posting any images in the "cloud", where they can be sorted, flagged, copied, archived, stolen, dissected (for EXIF), etc.
And when you "think" you've deleted something from the cloud, you're just being naive.

What ever happened to storing your OWN images on your OWN drives forever?

Don't let the Corporations OWN everything you use & create! This is the current trend!
You don't even own the software on your own computer, even if you paid for it!

Last edited:

Encrypt

I completely agree with you, of course we don't own nothing in our electronic world (at least as we thing we do), even if you write a simple software the hardware running this software is compromised, there is backdoor in every piece of hardware post WW2
For me third party means that is not hosted by me, or by a source where we can regularly check it.. The server from this site is hosted on Netherlands, that means everything, right?

I could tell you various reasons to my concerns in posting pictures, but the main one is the pixels fingerprint, do you have a solution for that?

There is no FVEY, FVEY is a illusion to hide the true eye.

Latest posts

Latest posts