What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FireFox Users: Speed up Mozilla Firefox about 3-30x Faster

Xhashish

Veteran
Hey man, thank you so much, that trick with speeding firefox up is SO cool , im flying now hehe (=

Really appreciate, nice thread you made here ..

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
thanks man...did that and will see if it happens again...was happening again yesterday...so guess if that dont work it will happen soon enough...

what it is doing is having a box come up (while its acting like this) that says to either open or download- "search.php" "which is a php file"...so if what you have said dosnt work maybe that info will give you a clue?...thanks again.HH. =]-~

Not really, let me know if it keep doing it...

Hey man, thank you so much, that trick with speeding firefox up is SO cool , im flying now hehe (=

Really appreciate, nice thread you made here ..

U welcome...Glad u enjoed it.

Peace

B

BigMo

Very good Firefox tips bro ......... being a dedicated firefox user for years the speed tip worked great. Using Ubuntu and can see a huge difference in page loading speed.

Mo,

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I download a lot of torrents, is there somewhere in the config for me to allow bitlord to pull faster. I got a quad core, with 8gig of ram....I should be downloading torrents a lot faster than 400kbs.
Any ideas? And thanks for the info!K+
good vibes

ps...the original 3 options I changed from your first post didnt really seem to speed it up. maybe something I did? ANd instead of 30, I made mine 60, should I put it back down? figured my crazy comp could handle whatever I through at it. Would love to figure out how to get this damn machine to USE its 8gig of ram...lol

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
If I download a lot of torrents, is there somewhere in the config for me to allow bitlord to pull faster. I got a quad core, with 8gig of ram....I should be downloading torrents a lot faster than 400kbs.
good vibes

ps...the original 3 options I changed from your first post didnt really seem to speed it up. maybe something I did? ANd instead of 30, I made mine 60, should I put it back down? figured my crazy comp could handle whatever I through at it. Would love to figure out how to get this damn machine to USE its 8gig of ram...lol

yes u should follow the instruction and it should work, if u change something im not sure it will do the trix.

I dont do torrent anymore but if i remember right bitlord have free and a register version, the register one work faster but u'll have to pay for that option.

Wow...works fast..flying like a bolt!!!

Glad u liked it...

Any video converter is a free download that rips youtube videos. Thats what i use. I didn't know about firefox having that ability though.

Any Video converter I use mostly for making DVD's, but it has the You Tube Feature in the toolbar. Awesome for ripping videos or songs for free.

Purp Kush

wt it also have to do with the version of firefox you are using. it has to be a older version not the brand new.

H

h^2 O

i have ubuntu with firefox 3. something and 54mbps wlan and its lickity split

dbuzz

Veteran
good vibes

look for torrentleech.com or pisexy.com accounts, you'll get your speeds there. are you using any private torrent sites?? the software doesn't have much to do with the speeds. also, get uTorrent. :D

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
IMDB pirated version firefox addon

The script is adding ajax and pseudo-ajax functionality to imdb.com so you can search directly from the imdb page for subtitles, torrents and http (rapidshare,**********, and other hosts) movie releases, and view the movie trailer directly.

installation:

if you already dont have greasemonkey install one
get it here:

Code: [Check Download Links ---(Copy Links First!)]
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

after that install userscript "IMDB pirated version":
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/21977

if you want VCD quality ratings get this one too:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8620

Now you got:
2008-12-11_194952.png

IT WORKS ONLY WHEN PARTICULAR MOVIE PAGE IS OPENED, NOT ON IMDB HOMEPAGE OR PAGES WITH LISTS OF MOVIES. ENJOY

(Don't tell no one i have posted this here lol....)