What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOIL vs COCO?

C

CMoon

I find 50ffof/50coco gives me bigger yields. Seems the best of both worlds with the action of the coco and the beneficial organics of the ffof. I let near dry and water till just runoff.
No need for food until flower. I'm using 30ml PBP/5ml CM+/10ml LK flower to flush.
Maybe give it a go sometime, jamie

all the way with you H......Id had a few years in compost mixes then purchased an autopot system and used straight coco, then haveing bunged all the meduim from a dozen coco grows in my back garden mixed in with the soil ( my flowers love it btw) I started to recycle after main root removal, I then found instead of perlite/verc/hydroton etc adding non clogging compost at 20% - 50% worked ver efficiently with the gravity system i now use if not handwatering.

cmoon

I've been very interested in coco for a while. I've been wanting to try a 50% coco 50% perlite drip to run off system. I might just have to try this next round. Great thread lots of info and possible ways to use coco!

l33t

Veteran
I have been experimenting with soil , perlite and coco mixes last 5-6 years and I really like perlite/coco/soil at equal ratios.

J

J.C.grower

this is perfect info! thanks BOZ for this great thread! im currently on my second grow with soil, but ive been planning for my next grow and i want to use a different medium. after reading this helpful thread i am set for coco:thank you:
stay fligh and high
-J.C.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I'm still undecided on trying it outdoor, probably a mix with soil not straight coco. I don't know if it would be better in a swampy spot or a dry spot either, as I hear a lot about coco vs soil drainage and water retention.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I have been growing with coco for a couple years now and have tried mixtures 50/50 ProMix/coco, 30/70 ProMix/coco, 50/50 perlite/coco, 30/30/30 coco/promix/perlite. Recently I have switched back to 25/75 perlite/promix and my yeilds have remained consistant. I find that the plants stay healthier in the promix opposed to coco.

i fully agree soil or peat but coco na, coco taste so clean if u flush it properly but its just hydro buds, lifeless imo. but def yeilds well n is pretty.

J

J.C.grower

Just purchased some Botanicare Readygro mix : Aerated Formula. Im new to the Coco grow, and i think im doing something wrong. my plant looks real sad and dying. i wanted to try mixing this mix, with soil. this at the bottom (for better drainage and aeration), and the soil on top. is this a good idea or naw?
:thank you:
JC
ps: this is what my lady is lookin like in coco perlite mix.(hand water 2wice a day, with GO nute line)

treat that plant just like soil until its fully of to the races via root growth, people insist on over watering coco early on, its not necesary, once u got her jamming then your two waters a day will increase growth, for now just treat it like its in soil, dont over water, but i gotta say ive never really seen just how drying the aereation mix is.

Latest posts

Latest posts