What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solvent-less THC extraction suggestions

Ronin710

Hey all! Been growing for about 4 years now with my 3 Kind LED XL-1000's. All of my product gets turned into Rosin, I have a 20 ton rosin press with 6 inch round plates. Been pheno hunting for the past 4 years, non stop harvests. finally found my 3 keepers. #1 DNA Genetics SnowLand. Searched through 15 phenos, found an amazing keeper that steady gives me 6 OZ a plant, not very terpy but its completely white covered in tricombs. I've personally never seen any bud grown to look aesthetically better ( NOT A FACT JUST MY OPINION! ). #2 DNA Genetics 24K. Popped about 12-15 seeds over 10 harvests and finally found a keeper that gives steady 6.5 OZ, Tangie terps for days. Bud is ok looking but steady produces GOLD super terpy rosin. #3 Unknown Genetics, traded some seeds with a friend, popped 10 seeds and found a keeper that just gave me 7.7 OZ for the first grow, just finished trimming this plant today. Super terpy, strong mixture of grape and a hint of fruitpunch or something? Did a uncured press earlier and it was the clearest most pure oil ive ever seen. I've been making rosin and smoking non stop concentrates for years and this shit was basically clear, very little yellow tint, such little amounts of lipids / fats / waxs etc. it literally felt like i was playing with distillate.

I was recently in a gym accident and haven't been able to do much with my last harvest so im sitting on about 5 pounds of fresh fire, a pound of popcorn bullshit puds and freezer full of like 4 harvests of trim. I'm a pretty busy and lazy person so i'll usually just make oil only when im running out. I've been jumping through techniques trying to find a mixture of the fastest / easiest and the purest / less harmful methods to the tricombs. I've done tons of ice water extractions, can't complain with the end result but the time and effort gets old, I've been over the whole excitement of weed for ages, i just wana get the purest shit i can and smoke it lol. I recently dabbled with dry ice extraction and i was definitely super pleased with the amount of time i saved compared to ice water extraction but I feel like the end result was a little bit darker and tasted a bit more like plant. I'm planning on extracting everything I have next weekend and I was curious on peoples ideas / take on what I should do. I've never done tests to compare the yield / end result terpine / visually wise. I was wondering if anybody has or if theres any other possible methods I should be looking into? I'm sticking to solventless methods only. Thanks in advance!

packerfan79

Veteran
Dr Purple, is using a freeze dryer and a bubble magic machine, and a rosin press to make s ome amazing ice rosin. He's getting crazy money for a watermelon ice rosin, 120 a gram I belive. He's on Uncle fishsticks thread regularly. Defi arely the man to talk to about this.

I make rosin, usually from ice water hash. I don't have a pre press so, flower is pain in the ass to press. Also the ice water hash rosin is much easier to work with it usually gets nice and shattery. Flower rosin is often super sappy, and hard to collect . I wind up with it everywhere.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hype.

You end up with two products that have to be mixed together again.

You can take the long road or the short road, they both lead to the same place.

Besides stuntin' for the gram what is the point?

hash head

Dr Purple, is using a freeze dryer and a bubble magic machine, and a rosin press to make s ome amazing ice rosin. He's getting crazy money for a watermelon ice rosin, 120 a gram I belive. He's on Uncle fishsticks thread regularly. Defi arely the man to talk to about this.

I make rosin, usually from ice water hash. I don't have a pre press so, flower is pain in the ass to press. Also the ice water hash rosin is much easier to work with it usually gets nice and shattery. Flower rosin is often super sappy, and hard to collect . I wind up with it everywhere.
the sappyness is the terpenes which can be a desirable part of flower rosin.

Latest posts

Latest posts