What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk indoor (first ACE) run

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Couldn't keep Violeta on the veg tent (outgrew it), so repotted to 7L, gave a light feed with added rizhotonic and moved to the ACE tent.

This is a regular plant, let's see if I get lucky! (though I have a fem Panama and a fem Malawi coming, and running out of space :wallbash:)

Canopy view
picture.php

General view
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Thai Chi (right) stretched finally, leveling with her Guawi sister (left):

picture.php

Less noticeable now with sugar leaves going on, love how hairy this girl is, huge Nepal Jam hairs, looked like anemones! (seeing this as an effect of SILs apparently)

picture.php

picture.php

Guawi:
picture.php

Zamaldelica:
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Koondense!

Not many smells yet.

Update
This is how it looked today:

picture.php

Didn't put a dripper on Violeta yet, want to favour her rooting by alternating wet/dry (not bone dry) cycles.

I noticed Nepal Jam hairs are turning either brown or purple at their base?.

She has swollen noticeably...

Salts humus smelling??
Something that caught my atenttion on the first reservoir refillings is when res is about half full, when I open the cap a nice whiff of fresh humus reaches my nose.

Thought it was my imagination, but today was really noticeable. If you were to smell with your eyes closed, you'l swear a fresh compost pile is near you...

Guess Hakaphos Basis 4 contains or promotes humic/fulvic acids...cannot find another explanation.

In any case, really happy about that!

Rain water treatment
Been keeping rain water for more than a week.

To preserve it I'm using an organic waterfall filter, same that are used for aquariums, ponds, etc.

Studying that in order to buiild the system at a bigger scale: pump water on top of a "filter" (made of carbon-based porous material); water flows through it and falls due to gravity back to the tank, oxygenating it.

Shortly a flora of bacteria builds on the filter, neutralizing toxins, nitrites and ammonia.

Thinking on using several tanks, each one cascading to the next, pumping water from the last (lower one) back to the first one through a big netpot (or a net) filled with coco and clay balls, creating a small waterfall when dripping from it back into the tank.

Need to do some research about water bacteria, lactobacili, etc.

I would use this system with rain and well water to hopefully lower its alcalinity (well water, rain is PH neuutral at 7), oxygenate and enhance it, to have a good source of the best water for the orchard, garden, girls, etc.

Lightning
Don't want more expenses, so I'm setting up the HML next, will use it to flower the Violeta or shortest plants.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I'm a girl magnet lately... Violeta is a girl!

That puts me in a situation, Malawi and Panama are ready for flowering on about 1 week more, and I have no space on the tent unless I cram them inside...

The two Krystalica cuts I put as extras to test SILs vs HPS grew much bigger than anticipated spoiling the space calculations.

They're already showing (purple) fall colors on week 7th, they're 9-10 weekers, I let them get too mature for my tastes last time at 10 weeks.

Thinking on giving Malawi and Panama another week, problem is they outgrew the veg tent already, pruning them is the only solution, Malawi already shows is a stretchy strain...

Another solution would be repotting them on the bigger pots they'll get for flowering, digging the stem base in the coco to make up for the extra pot height (oherwise won't fit on veg tent)... any experiences doing this in coco? Guess is harmless?

This will give me at least an extra week while they focus on rooting, maybe two stretching this period, to make time and chop the cuts at their 8th or 9th week.

Will repotting and moving to the ACE tent directly instead prevent stretch? they're small now, by the time they grow bigger I would cut the Krystalicas, my concern is stretch gets incentivated by the tent cram...

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lovely garden! I bet the smell is amazing ;)

Cheers

It is now indeed :yummy: Tent reeks to mango/guava!

Last week catpiss was easily picked once you opened the tent, I think it was Thai-Chi, but she has developed a more fruity aroma lately.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Week 7th -> 8th

Sorry for not posting pictures... my main PC died, having an IT situation :biggrin: straightening it up.

Have taken photos, so as soon as I can sort them out I'll upload them.

In the meanwhile, a nice view I had this morning... colors (but for the bottom right area, which is lit by the "booting" HPS, so it's false yellow) are real...

The purpling one is a Krystalica cut under SILs. Pretty obvious it's turning into fall colors faster than the one under the HPS.

The one with yellow fan leaves is Nepal Jam #1 (COB), I see both New Jam hairs are brown, hope is a natural trait. But Nep Jam #2 (bottom left) has its leaves still green but for the bottom fans.

Would you foliar feed NepJam #1? could it be a COB induced deficiency? Should I let her alone?

picture.php

Kali China is starting to show hints of purple...

Zamadelica is prettier as each day passes, is thoroughly filling up her looooong legs. Spotless white hairs, is drinking way more now.

Guawi smell.... oufff... I bet Guawi comes from Guava-Malawi?? Starting to thicken. Drinking like mad, the hungriest one.

Thai-Chi smells... fruity with a sharp sweaty overtone! :laughing: I sense mango/guava underneath but was blasted with Guawi previously, so couldn't tell for sure, but the sweaty side is definitely there... a chameleon! First it was a hard to pinpoint catpiss, now If you bring your nose close you get the hint at "yesterday's gym clothes I forgot in the bag".

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Beautiful plants! I haven't grown out Krystalica in several years. That plus Mandala1 and Ganesh are amazing strains.
Peace brother

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks farmerlion :tiphat: so far only sprouted three seedlings and all were pretty homogeneous, this cut in particular has very nice a strawberry cream overtone over the typical krystallica fennel aroma.

About the krystallica cuts
I put two cuts in this tent under different lightning to get a feeling on how different lights affect them.

So far it looks the one under the SILs is one week ahead of the one under the HPS, which is great because I'm afraid I'll have to grab the axe in another week: out of stash and out of space to bring Malawi and Panama in... the one purpling in the picture will be almost ready by that time I hope; these are cuts (mom needed 10 weeks for a slightly too ripe point) and will be around week 9th by that time.

Zamaldelica
Here's Zamaldelica, she's getting hairier by the day, dutifully filling up her long legs!

Sorry for the picture including artifacts... still working on getting the PC straightened out.

picture.php

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just re-read ACE notes on Nep Jam and is listed as a 8-9 weeker... we're at week 8th, so Nep Jam #1 could be simply displaying her fall colors meaning she is faster?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Found the tent shut down this morning... :wallbash: seems the wall socket was badly installed, so it burnt on the inside, tripping the power.

RH was all over the place, condensation droplets could be easily seen on leaves, almost 7 light hours lost... so after fixing power I set extraction to 100% for an hour and set the circulating fans to the maximum, and aborted the next dripping.

Fertigation
This tent fertigates 8 times per day. I'm following a completely different approach on the small tent, dripping once per day for 30 minutes, to compare.

I see the problem with frequent drippings is the roots end up making the pot coco surface hard as a rock, to the point of water drifting out of the pot by the pot lip holes... will change to dripping once, or twice per day on next run.

Kali China
Had planned to do a photo shoot today, but due to the power issue, (and forgetting the card... :spanky:) I end up making just one picture with the phone:

picture.php

Smells delicious, the nugs are hard as rocks, remembers me to my Kali Mist mom., though this one grows with that "nuke" shape main top.

Purple (and silver!) starts to set in...

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Panama & Malawi
Got repotted to 7L pots, gained an inch by digging the stem, and another one by tying, think I have another week or so before they definitely outgrow the veg tent... hopefully by that time either the Krystalicas or the Kali China (can't stop thinking on her!) will be done, leaving space for them.

Really surprised, Malawi already smells noticeably to Mango... in veg!

deepwaterdude

Found the tent shut down this morning... :wallbash: seems the wall socket was badly installed, so it burnt on the inside, tripping the power.

RH was all over the place, condensation droplets could be easily seen on leaves, almost 7 light hours lost... so after fixing power I set extraction to 100% for an hour and set the circulating fans to the maximum, and aborted the next dripping.

Fertigation
This tent fertigates 8 times per day. I'm following a completely different approach on the small tent, dripping once per day for 30 minutes, to compare.

I see the problem with frequent drippings is the roots end up making the pot coco surface hard as a rock, to the point of water drifting out of the pot by the pot lip holes... will change to dripping once, or twice per day on next run.

Kali China
Had planned to do a photo shoot today, but due to the power issue, (and forgetting the card... :spanky:) I end up making just one picture with the phone:

View Image

Smells delicious, the nugs are hard as rocks, remembers me to my Kali Mist mom., though this one grows with that "nuke" shape main top.

Purple (and silver!) starts to set in...

:bigeye: Whoa, Nelly, she's one of those plants it hurts to chop they're so striking. Nice job! I think you harvested a beautiful Zam recently, now awash in primo bud;)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks deepwaterdude! :tiphat:

Being honest... :biggrin: it's being actually really hard not to chop and smoke her right away! The smell is incredible.

I had not actually looked at her closely lately, was blasted when watched her close! completely forgot is the fastest lady in the tent...

deepwaterdude said:
I think you harvested a beautiful Zam recently, now awash in primo bud

My wish! :) I'm out of stash actually, but in one or two weeks things are going to get moving! :tree:

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Repuk... mate that Kali China has to be one of the best looking plants I've seen in ages! The colors on that girl are out of this world. Fantastic!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:tiphat: Kaskadian! The buds of this beauty show their natural colors, with a touch of neon-like glow under the high intensity light of the SILs, I think it's the 6500K which imparts a kind of "black light" effect to all the colors under them.

I found myself staring/sniffing at her this morning for more time I would admit ... this lady is a feast for all the senses!

Dreaming with a tent full of Chinitas!

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
HML revamp

HML revamp

Just revamped the HML, will deploy it for the Violeta.

Used the leftover aluminum profile I recycled for the COBs: drill, tap, and screws fixing it in H shape:

picture.php

picture.php

I would neat all that wiring mess, but want to be a able to remote the drivers if the need arises...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
All lights deployed

All lights deployed

Just deployed the HML.

WAGO's are a blast... I rewired everything inside the tent to add the HML in a snap.

Front to bottom, right to left:

SILs, HML, COBs, HPS:

picture.php

(This picture is taken from a tent side "window", not the main "door" as usual)

Last edited:
Very nice repuk! Please let us know which of these light sources work the best for you. I will be making a stealth cab in the next 6 months or so so it’s time to kiss bye bye to my precious HIDs for a bit. I was planning on the cheap leds a la Terpene but I have a very open mind and look forward to seeing your results and getting your thoughts on the subject.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Repuk, I mean this as a serious complement brother. You're a real Macgyver over there. You're creative and all your grow tek stuff is seriously exciting. Love all the DIY stuff you've got going on. Can't wait to see more of it my friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts