What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Outlaw pot growers fear California Legalization"

mcattak

I would roll my eye's but what is the point. Internet troll is trolling.

Go away little guy, if you think the size of your light determines how well you know how to grow I feel sorry for you.

Troll away....Show me I have been producing top quality work for years....Only thing I could find was the 150w you couldn't finish...

Koroz

Troll away....Show me I have been producing top quality work for years....Only thing I could find was the 150w you couldn't finish...

Yes, because I stopped posting Diaries here. What exactly does my grows have to do with this topic? Are you 12? Do you think that the fact you have A) Room, B) The lack of people entering and exiting your house with out permission, or C) nothing else stopping you from doing it that allows you to grow large grows and I don't makes you a better "authority" on Cannabis legalization? /laugh.

GREAT!

But you to come in here and try to debunk the fact that I don't agree with the notion you are a noble person for getting money off the backs of the oppression of society for years? Fuck you.

You can try and make fun of my FIRST GROW EVER and then try to act like because MY FIRST GROW EVER fucked up 3 YEARS AGO that I all the sudden have no place to talk about, or give my opinions on Cannabis legalization all you want but the fact remains you are acting like a child. Grow up.

Koroz

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62160

If the big commercial guys didn't exist where else would you have ever learned...

You have to be the most dense person I have met yet here. DO YOU UNDERSTAND I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH LARGE SCALE GROWERS?

ok, now that we have established that.

I have a problem with, as others have ALREADY explained, large scale growers who try to prevent legalization because they are worried the profit margins in which they are used to will be removed.

Large scale growers who believe this thought process, and try to stop legalization so they can make more money (*even though with a little bit of thought and work Humboldt growers would be rich if legalized and they actually MARKETED THEIR PRODUCT*) can eat a bowl of dicks and choke.

So again, if you are a large scale grower who is embracing legalization because you are smart enough to make a real business out of it then great, Hell I don't even have a problem with people against legalization because they are afraid of the market being overrun by shit weed and we will lose our genetics, but if you are one of those shitty large scale growers who rely on the fact its illegal to make a profit then you aren't any better then me @ a 150w grow, you just have more light.

/hugs.

mcattak

Yes, because I stopped posting Diaries here. What exactly does my grows have to do with this topic? Are you 12? Do you think that the fact you have A) Room, B) The lack of people entering and exiting your house with out permission, or C) nothing else stopping you from doing it that allows you to grow large grows and I don't makes you a better "authority" on Cannabis legalization? /laugh.

GREAT!

But you to come in here and try to debunk the fact that I don't agree with the notion you are a noble person for getting money off the backs of the oppression of society for years? Fuck you.

You can try and make fun of my FIRST GROW EVER and then try to act like because MY FIRST GROW EVER fucked up 3 YEARS AGO that I all the sudden have no place to talk about, or give my opinions on Cannabis legalization all you want but the fact remains you are acting like a child. Grow up.

Sounds like you are jealous of the large scale growing ops...Thats understandable ..I love going to work EVERYDAY...

karmical

I have a problem with, as others have ALREADY explained, large scale growers who try to prevent legalization because they are worried the profit margins in which they are used to will be removed.

ok this is a valid issue, the threat of losing $$ is serious, but as its been said before, this effects federal law how? its not like one day shortly after Nov, you're going to walk into Safeway and find a QP on the self next to the wine section.

But this original article posted is from a san diego, when did they become the leaders in pro mj activism, thus anything they use is suspect in my view...

Koroz

ok this is a valid issue, the threat of losing $$ is serious, but as its been said before, this effects federal law how? its not like one day shortly after Nov, you're going to walk into Safeway and find a QP on the self next to the wine section.

But this original article posted is from a san diego, when did they become the leaders in pro mj activism, thus anything they use is suspect in my view...

They aren't and that is the point in the article I think. That is why they posted it. They are trying anything they can think of to stop legalization, even going as far to side with "growers" who are against it even if the reasons are asinine to both the logical and the illogical.

they NEVER post beneficial reports in the tribune, they only post the crap. 2 people killed over Medical Marijuana is a popular headline of theirs. I think this is part why we as voters I hope are smart enough to see their way through the bullshit.

As for federal law, I really think we are at a point where it doesn't matter what the fuck the feds think. We now have 13 states who have filed to separate from the union, California being one of them if the US Government does not STOP getting involved in State rights. If the feds make a big issue out of this, they have more to lose then before. The system is falling apart from under them because the states are finally starting to stand up for its citizens.

This passes, yes I do think in a couple years time I will be able to go into a store front store like a liquor store and buy a variety of Cannabis. Did you think in 95 we would be walking into a store to buy Medical Cannabis? I was living in Chico, CA at the time and I know for damn sure I didn't. I expect the same type of results here with the only exception being that places like SD, Butte Co, Shasta Co, etc etc won't be able to try and fight it they will just make it illegal since Richard Lee allowed them the power to deny the right to buy or sell cannabis with in their own county lines... however I think I will have the ability to drive to another place like LA, or Humboldt, or Oaktown and pick up an ounce of herb because those places will basically tell the feds to eat a dick.

The question you have to ask yourself is: Do you personally think the greed of the state politicians out weights the fear they have of the federal government? If not then I guess you don't expect much come Nov, if you do then I would imagine you feel the same way I do and fully expect to see a "medical marijuana" invasion of "store fronts".

Last edited:

Koroz

Sounds like you are jealous of the large scale growing ops...Thats understandable ..I love going to work EVERYDAY...

Yes, I am very jealous of a guy who thinks his life's worth is directly tied to the size of his lights. /laugh. If you need to debate your views with immature quips and attacks at my first grow ever, more power to you. I lived in an 800 square foot apartment with my kids. There is reasons why I don't grow anymore and when I did it was with a small light in a concealed area.

If this was high school you would totally have ALL the friends, OMG you are so cool. Some of us left high school 20+ years ago, you should try it. I would love to discuss the topic and your thoughts if you are actually interested in discussing it, but apparently from your 12 year old approach to the subject I suspect there isn't much intelligent debate to be had with you.

jahnc848

humboldt growers are nuts

humboldt growers are nuts

i'm a longtime LA stoner, and this is my first post at icmag. the humboldt growers are gona be fine, sittin on a soon to be legitimate goldmine! the cannabis harvest will be bigger than the gold rush! the canna napa idea is real cool! i also think one of their big challenges is going to be people like i and i, a dude whos been composting soil for 15 years, growing everything but pot. i've planted thousands of seeds, but never a lady!!! if this historic initiative passes in november, i've got pristine, deep, black soil just waiting for this proud citizen of california to exercise his rights and grow my own. i may never buy ganja again!! hey, its not like you could make quality wine in your yard, but a million angelenos are about to find out that quality canni grows in socal too!!!

meduser180056

"Anyone can grow marijuana," he said. "But not everyone can grow the super-heavies, the holy bud."

^^^
come on now given the right genetics and a decent environment a little bit of grower know how and ANYONE CAN grow the best. Especially if we are talking about a company that has bottomless pockets to provide the best facilities the best genetics, hire good growers to oversee it all. They will go huge and through volume they will be able to provide the cheapest stuff... I don't know how the average mom and pop is gonna compete there is no way.

Also if you think the price of weed won't drop because of legalization then you are crazy! Unless they create some kind of artificial market and don't let the price drop below a certain point. Pounds of indoor will be $1500 max I bet probably a lot cheaper. The majority of the supply will be coming from giant warehouses and greenhouses plus huge outdoor fields. Most of it will be top quality unless they try and legislate how potent the bud/THC percentage is.
So I really don't think having A+ bud is gonna guarantee anything unless you can afford to compete with the low pricing.

Ammianos bill is pretty funny a $50 an oz tax... Thats $800 per pound... That would all be passed onto the buyer though most likey. Basically a $6.25 tax per 1/8th. The tax per pound will probably b close to the pound price... weird.

Ammianos bill is a longshot though I think it's more likely the initiative will pass, but I don't think thats gonna go through either. Maybe in 2012, but not yet... Just my prediction...

<~Hades~>

LA, or Humboldt, or Oaktown and pick up an ounce of herb because those places will basically tell the feds to eat a dick.
LOL the ones screaming at the feds always end up eating dick~Get tooth pics to get the pubes out your mouth, every feDs gearing up and getting ready to Ripp all of norcal apart, door to door yard to yard~LOL only people in hawaii have experienced the true power of the full wrath of 247 helicopters tearing up yards for 1 plant and waking up to dudes bashin in your door swat style~LOL hawaii thought they were cut in the 70z and 80z ..Then for the next 20 years The feds own all !!!

Koroz

LOL the ones screaming at the feds always end up eating dick~Get tooth pics to get the pubes out your mouth, every feDs gearing up and getting ready to Ripp all of norcal apart, door to door yard to yard~LOL only people in hawaii have experienced the true power of the full wrath of 247 helicopters tearing up yards for 1 plant and waking up to dudes bashin in your door swat style~LOL hawaii thought they were cut in the 70z and 80z ..Then for the next 20 years The feds own all !!!

Ahh look another scare tactic "Keep it illegal so I can profit" grower.

The feds own all because people like you have already given up and allowed it to happen. Feds don't own me. No will they ever. I HOPE California legalizes it, makes hundreds of millions in the first few months before the Feds ramp up and then let them start doing invasions....

like I said earlier, 11 (might be 12 now) states have already filed for separation from the union for the US Government overstepping its power. Can you imagine if the state finds a way to make millions when they are bankrupt and the government stopping it? Not only will the citizens finally get pushed to the tipping point, but so will the state governments.

Not only that, imagine all those soccer moms against cannabis who's kids school programs that WERE getting cut, are now funded and threatened once again because the feds are interfering with state business and stopping the flow of tax dollars into the state. I have more faith in the greed of the state over the power of the fed.

<~Hades~>

Scare tactic LOL US homboyz in hawaii have lived threw it for 20+ years.....You guys dont know pressure, BUT Keep pulling your lil dicks out and you will learn what itz like for house to house back yard checks and landing for 1-plant ! dudes hanging off of ropes yanking plants while swat does the tactical insertion

heli buzzzing 20 feet from your roof~ once a week waking you up ~LOL just wait~ We live this shit for 20+ years

LOL when Your in Federal court....LOL you cant even bring up MMJ cus it does not exist in there court !!!

I think the 49 states wish we could separate from California~ You people sustain your selves off of MJ taxes LOL ~~~

Beleive me we wish we could ~ Poeple fear alqueada and the middle east , but are bigest enemys are in or own country ~You are a American terrorist state~LOL

meduser180056

I don't know koroz millions ain't nothing in the big picture of california's budget.

I think some people are overestimating how much money the pot industry can really generate if it's taxed. Economically speaking it's probably a better boost to local economies when it's illegal than taxed.

The money that comes from the feds every year to eradicate marijuana and to do bullshit education/smear campaigns is probably equal to or more than what would be generated with a tax on it.

Taxing marijuana is definetly not the solution to the budget crisis and isn't gonna save the state from bankruptcy it will be a drop in the bucket at most.

Koroz

I don't know koroz millions ain't nothing in the big picture of california's budget.

I think some people are overestimating how much money the pot industry can really generate if it's taxed. Economically speaking it's probably a better boost to local economies when it's illegal than taxed.

The money that comes from the feds every year to eradicate marijuana and to do bullshit education/smear campaigns is probably equal to or more than what would be generated with a tax on it.

Taxing marijuana is definetly not the solution to the budget crisis and isn't gonna save the state from bankruptcy it will be a drop in the bucket at most.

We don't need the numbers to be real, we just need them to be believable enough to those who don't know better to pass the law, find out that Cannabis isn't the death of our society and be to lazy to try and re-criminalize it.

Remember, we can win the war the same way they are fighting the war. Numbers, statistics and fear. Fear that if they don't legalize it then the soccer moms are going to have to live with the fact that their kids schools will lose music programs, arts programs and sports.

Nothing gets the "soccer mom" vote more then showing that the only thing prohibition does is to make their lives harder. The only reason they back the prohibition of a plant that has been proven safer then alcohol is that being so doesn't affect their live directly.

Once we change that, the minds will follow.

Koroz

Scare tactic LOL US homboyz in hawaii have lived threw it for 20+ years.....You guys dont know pressure, BUT Keep pulling your lil dicks out and you will learn what itz like for house to house back yard checks and landing for 1-plant ! dudes hanging off of ropes yanking plants while swat does the tactical insertion

heli buzzzing 20 feet from your roof~ once a week waking you up ~LOL just wait~ We live this shit for 20+ years

LOL when Your in Federal court....LOL you cant even bring up MMJ cus it does not exist in there court !!!

I think the 49 states wish we could separate from California~ You people sustain your selves off of MJ taxes LOL ~~~

Beleive me we wish we could ~ Poeple fear alqueada and the middle east , but are bigest enemys are in or own country ~You are a American terrorist state~LOL

"My lil dick" huh? So is there any possible post you can make with out trying to prove your manhood? Immaturity isn't becoming even in pigeon. What the fuck are you even talking about? Could you please make some sense when you speak so people can follow you, or is that your "shtick"? Talk like you are half retarded from smoking dope so people keep it illegal so you can profit more?

Keep going, its working.

Oh, and one more thing. The same shit you describe, the non usage of Medicinal Marijuana defense is the same across the nation bud, regardless of what state you are from.

And no, the islands aren't the only place in the US where swat raids are a regular thing. Ever lived in Downtown East side LA? So give up the tough guy bullshit. We get it, you think your a tough guy with a big dick.. But did you ever notice something about those type of guys? They always puff their chests about how bad ass they are because in reality they are just scared little kids in big boy bodies.

/hug.

karmical

but by cutting out that federal crap + adding to it an mj tax, wouldn't that be additional $$ that could be counted, even if they wouldn't straight give it up, would it not be a good thing not to have to spend that money?

mcattak

Yes, I am very jealous of a guy who thinks his life's worth is directly tied to the size of his lights. /laugh. If you need to debate your views with immature quips and attacks at my first grow ever, more power to you. I lived in an 800 square foot apartment with my kids. There is reasons why I don't grow anymore and when I did it was with a small light in a concealed area.

If this was high school you would totally have ALL the friends, OMG you are so cool. Some of us left high school 20+ years ago, you should try it. I would love to discuss the topic and your thoughts if you are actually interested in discussing it, but apparently from your 12 year old approach to the subject I suspect there isn't much intelligent debate to be had with you.

You don't even grow anymore...Even in this environment..I guess the feds do own you...

I risked my life and freedom for a long time so people that were to scared or didn't have the skills to grow could smoke...

Understanding that legalization is probably going to happen who are you to knock people who are scared that there livelihoods are going to be affected...

If it is legalized I wonder how this great forum will be affected..Maybe not as much incentive for new innovations..And large grows would probably disappear from here because no one wants to give away secrets...

mc

meduser180056

I see your point Karmical. Realistically I don't think taxing marijuana is gonna bring in that much revenue. And the people out there claiming it's gonna fix our budget problems are blowing some serious smoke screens. haha

All well and good for the politics of it though. It wouldn't be the first time something passed because of the public being duped with misinformation though now would it?