What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plan to Ban Foreigners from Amsterdam's Coffee Shops

therevverend

Veteran
What better way to lose millions of tourists' dollars, drive the soft drug trade out onto the streets, and enrich street gangs, dealers in hard drugs, and thieves that prey on gullible tourists?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/11/foreigners-face-ban-from-amsterdams-cannabis-cafes

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So the hookers and their tourists are OK? I have never been in Europe, and in no hurry to go.

The city “doesn’t necessarily just want people with a lot of money”, he told DutchNews. “We say come to Amsterdam for the museums, the food, for love or for friends – but not to skulk around, smoke dope and do drugs.”

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Amsterdam was at it's best when... pssst hash cocaine marijuana ecstasy speed, over here

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fingers crossed for you,Amsterdam, my love of many years.
You're beautiful. You're an idiot.
You'll always have a place in my heart.

gymshoe

If Holland ends up doing this, there goes their tourism industry.
No one is going to Amsterdam to see tulips!

mack 10

Veteran
They always been threatening this ban..
Hope it falls through,
Cause there 'aint much left in the Dam
To go see...
Smh.

From the top top to the bottom, in a few years
Cali and Co have leaped forward with
Amsterdam going backwards.

Rodehazrd

I would take the tulip tour if I could have a spliff. I want to see windmills buy some wooden shoes and burn a few along the way.

Florere

So the hookers and their tourists are OK? I have never been in Europe, and in no hurry to go.

The city “doesn’t necessarily just want people with a lot of money”, he told DutchNews. “We say come to Amsterdam for the museums, the food, for love or for friends – but not to skulk around, smoke dope and do drugs.”

They are talking about closing the red light district too.

The problem with Amsterdam is, that it’s not Amsterdam anymore. Before there where Amsterdammers living in the Amsterdam. But now that its cool to live there and house prices are sky high. People with money come and live here. And they don’t like bars and noise on the street. It’s not what it use to be

Latest posts

Latest posts