What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sound fertilizing strategy using Botanicare, or no?

ballplayer 2

So I seem to be having issues using Botanicare nutrients. Leaves are dark green, purple up the main stems, petioles are red. Buds never fill out the way I know they should. Growth just seems slow. pH, EC, and PPFD are checked constantly and within parameters.

I grow in sunshine Mix#4, watering until runoff seems to give me issues all the time, but i am trying again.

My theory is that I'm feeding too strong, with inadequate flushing of the medium. In order to cut down salt buildup my plan is to do 1 watering at the label rate or so of Pure blend pro base notes. Then on the plain watering use Cal Mag + and Sweet to an EC of 0.4 or 0.5. Watering until 10-20% runoff. Do you guys think ill run into Cal Mag issues doing this? I'm hoping my soil will hold onto the Cal and Mag long enough to me until the next dose.

Please provide thoughts and experiences of your nutrient plans or experience with the Botanicare line. Please help if you can, this really means alot to me right now. I haven't had a grow go well in a pretty long time and I'm really at a loss.

Alternatively I have a thread in the Infirmary with pics of my current issues. Thank you much for your help

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The thing that stood out to me was the base nutrients fed at label strength..or so. What does "or so" mean? I feed at 3/4 recommended with Botanicare and have great results. Dark green leaves indicate over feeding. Give the plants a good flush!

One thing I would change is giving the cal-mag (5ml only!) the same time as the base, lose the Sweet all together, and pure ph'd water every other watering.