What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimmer rental

For a site dedicated to cannabis, I can't actually remember too many threads about the reality of just how bad trimming sucks in quantity.

Anyone here rent mechanical trimmers along with some friends to get the job done and spread the costs?

Hand trimmed will always be better. I get it. Working full time and coming home to a mound of weed that needs trimming with scissors is depressing though.

A company 90 minutes away will rent a pro trimmer for 300 a day (3K deposit) and I wonder if me and my half a dozen friends with 2-20 plants would be better off just pitching in and renting one.

Any thoughts appreciated.

prune

Veteran
Great idea, but it looks like most of this is personal head stash, which means you will be kicking yourself in the ass every time you roll one up for the next year?

If commercial, I understand. Beware the cleaning fees...

HHILL

I had the same thoughts a few years back. I ended up getting a great deal on a mini Triminator instead of renting one of those. Probably cheaper to buy as it takes a few days to learn how to use one properly, spend a lot of time cleaning everything so it doesn’t rip up buds and getting the proper moisture content in the buds so everything works ok.

If the buds aren’t dense then it doesn’t work well with that trimmer. Needless to say, I used it one season and now only use it for making dry ice keif now with the keif tumbler attachment.

If you rent one, definitely do a bunch of research and have everything prepped, or you will need a few days of rental just to figure everything out...

asher1er

Veteran
Just a heads up, if you decide to rent one of the units please make sure your dealing with a reputable store.. Out in CO back in '15 some guys where renting trimmers out but they had installed trackers in them and like clock work 3 days after returning the unit the spot was robbed :dueling::mad:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ended up renting trimmers a few times now. I like the Twisters and Centurions better than pretty much anything else. I fucking hate trim machines but they are a necessary evil at a certain scale. Do be careful who you rent from because as said above I know of more than a few stories about trimmer rentals to robberies.

Latest posts

Latest posts