What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Podcast: Northern Lites/Lights with Seattle Greg by Breeders Syndicate*

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Link:
https://breederssyndicate.com/episodes/episode-1-the-breeders-syndicate/

So Nevil's NL#5 did indeed come from seed of US NL#5 clone x NL#1.

picture.php

R.I.P Nevil Schoenmakers

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
What happened to Matt riot? I haven't seen one of his podcasts in a while. On ig it's copycat accounts. Hasn't put out a YouTube. It's like the rest... You gotta wade through much of his bullshit, but there's nuggets of info in there too.

pinballwizard

i only seen evidence of two indica male lines in the nl series and that was nl1 and nl2. i guess that us 5 was %50 nl2. 2x5 was the best that i could do staying within the line (pure nl )

pure nl came from david watson

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
NL #1 is a true-breeding Afghani, with extreme Indica characteristics. These are short, stocky plants, with leathery, dark green, extremely broad leaves. The stems ere very strong, and it is easy to clone. As the seedlings generally tend to grow to one main stem, this is an excellent choice for the "Sea of Green" or "Small Plant" method. Resinous, potent, and sweet, not nasty and acrid like some Afghanis. Very vigorous end cold resistant, works well outdoors with a long season.

Northern Lights #2 is a mostly indica variety from The Seed Bank and can be cultivated indoors.
sturdy, pine tree shaped plant
odor: musty and piney
The progress in the NL # 2 line has been tremendous this year. The backcrossing and inbreeding has now produced an F-3 of remarkably pure Hindu Kush phenotype, with just a hint of sweet piney Sativa mixed with the rich Kush pungency. We find the NL #2 to have surprising vigor for an inbred line, the quality is unsurpassed. It has become one of our favorite smokes, every generation is a new delight.Wonderfully potent, but usually not devastating, the bright Sativa notes also come through in the high. An absolute must for the connoisseur or the collector. Adapted for quick indoor flowering, but also does well outdoors with a long season.

Northern Lights #5 is a mostly indica variety from The Seed Bank and can be cultivated indoors. The Seed Banks Northern Lights #5 was never available as seeds (It's a clone-only variety!).

The Seed Banks Northern Lights #5 Was only available as Cutting and used as Mother from Neville's "The Seed Bank". Named "CI #5 F1" originally. The lineage is unknown - some people say its a Thai x Indica, than backcrossed to the Indica - but this is only pure speculation!​

Northern Lights 5 x 2
This F-1 hybrid between the resin champ NL #5 and the wonderful NL #2 has made many indoor growers very happy. The plants are short, stocky and vigorous and high-yielding, truly one of the best all-around indoor plants in our collection. It has a nice juniper berry taste along with abundant resin and a great high.

Norther Lights 9
?

texasjack

"Classic Seeds - Northern Lights
The original breeder indian jim hated all these phony strain stealer and name droppers who traveled around and collected others work and called it their own .He never released any of his wonderful strains seeds to anyone but close friends and only a few cuts ever escaped from the studies done on a few of his strains by the universities. He was a close friend of t-man and i was fortunate to get to talk to him about breeding and improving plants to survive harsh conditions as he lived on a island in Puget sound .

His advice was simple start a lot and always breed to the ones that survive and flourish and finish in time and never give up trying to make them better. Do not care what anyone says they know little of what you do they will never take the time to learn or understand anyway. Do not judge the outcome before you have finished what you have started and always be ready to learn from what you see.

He became a master at making plants that could survive and thrive under some pretty bad conditions. I heard he passed away some years back and if he were alive still he is one of the few people i would ask permission of because they are all his work his strain not mine . I am only doing this so they will survive long beyond us both and be enjoyed by future generations. They do not have a number like his later one did. They were named to express what you felt inside and the only earthly thing he saw that reminded him of that warm wonderful feeling were the Northern Lights when they were putting on their show

Since i take no credit i think he could live with that as he really did love people and this plant we have learned to cherish as a lot of the cannabis community has grown up and has open eyes and can see through all the horse shit that get shoveled around. That was his pet peeve greedy snaky lazy drug addicts who had no respect for life or the plants usefulness to man and only saw dollar signs

He did try to share with his friends that the land and our spirits journey was a far more important path to thread than any route that ignored nature and true riches was understanding life's cycles of plants and animals and fishes and never having to bow to anything from outside this perfect circle of life you had with the spirit of all things. Feasting when there was plenty and storing for when the streams and plants were barren a natural existence never taking more than you needed from life's flow free from guilt and in harmony with life's other creatures..
aloha classic seeds"

Last edited: