What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I fed everything again, gave them more water now as there sucking it up the bigger they get. I raised all my Leds up some except for the EnjoYield lights in the back. I'm planning on mounting those higher with some screws. The San Fernando Lemon kush are the big plants. The Lemon Tarts are smaller and bushy!!!! And the big plant that lollipop is my Lemon Tart mom I'm flowering out also. I've still got the cut in a smaller container and decided to flower this beast out!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's my big 8in Terra Bloom carbon filter that's a workhorse. It does a helluva job, I picked up a 6in one I'll probably install next week. And the pic of my ink bird, I got a box around it to block light leaks.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's my big 8in Terra Bloom carbon filter that's a workhorse. It does a helluva job, I picked up a 6in one I'll probably install next week. And the pic of my ink bird, I got a box around it to block light leaks.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Pic didn't take. I'm using the white prefilter. It also has a black one. And they do a helluva job I just used this filter last flowering and it's awesome. Like I said I've got a extra 6in fan and decided to get a 6 in TB carbon filter. It looks like a big subwoofer or something but is a odor fighting SOB.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm gonna spray my plants again with the Crop Control. I don't like to spray on the buds so I try to get them sprayed before they get forming real good. Then maybe later I'll go around the bottom parts and the room real good later in flowering . I got one of those nice sprayers at Wal-Mart on sale for 5$, the one that was the sprayer for can adjust to 4-5 settings!!! That thing is nice, its a little bigger i think its a 2gal sprayer. But this Crop Control is some STRONG smelling shit. You have to put a mask on the smells so strong. It has been working for me, but you might need to use something else with it. Outdoors I use Sevin and the Crop Control. But indoors just the Crop Control for now. There's not as many bugs in the winter so of course that helps. This stuff is expensive but is working. They got it in a nice bottle you can measure and pour the exact amount from the bottle. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got a couple aerocloners, a 35, and 45 site. Are there anybody that's good with these things that might could give a old dog some help??? I've got rapid rooters and riot rooters, and some other things I think are pucks like coco. I've got a few powders Hormex and the Wal-Mart brand, also got the hormex b1 concentrate. I've been using. just recently ordered some Clonex and Midas rooting compound. Im not very good at cloning, probably about a C- guy. I keep thermostats and heat mats if needed :tiphat: keep temps right. I've just kinda been experimenting and learning to get better. I was always a seed guy because I didn't have access to clones and didn't keep mothers. Just growing weed to smoke myself back in the day, working a LOT of hrs and it was easier to just grow from seed. But back to cloning I such. I'm really clean with everything and have just been using tap water. Sometimes I PH to 6.2 or so, but sometimes I don't. These areocloners I've not really got figured out. Should I add a few drops of B1 after I few days maybe? But I cut my clones and put them straight into water, then trim them up. I haven't got to use the gels yet, I'm hoping that might help. I've also got a few bubblers, fast roots cloners I use too. So I'll get everything cleaned up and get ready to get some Clones. I've currently got 6-7 mom's, I'm trying to keep around that range. And my mothers are healthy plants. But there's something I'm not doing right, I ran them with the dome or without. Sometimes I spray a little plain water on the dome. While were waiting on my harvest, maybe a aerocloner pro will help me out with a trick or 2. Thanks guys I wanna get better at cloning. There's some strains I've had good luck with. And others I have a heck of a time. Also should I soak the cubes in some type of B1 or something?? Thanks guys.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I try to keep my water around 68 F, I've watched tons of videos but can't find many areocloners. I know most use the rapid rooters. I just gotta get better with everything to do with cloning. I know theres threads out there, but I need some better ideas or technics. I hate to start another thread, It's gonna be about 55-60days before my plants are ready to harvest anyway. Please experienced guys on the cloning. I know how and what to do but I'm missing something in what I'm doing. I've got some stuff Vegging I'll be cloning from also when they get larger. Thanks icmag community

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's my 3 best mom's, and a tray of mainly ECSD clones with a small OGKB 2.0 and Chocolate Nightmare mom I found I had growing outdoors and it was really small so I brought it in, very interesting smelling plant and grows very funny in Veg. I've yet to flower any clones. But here's what's coming in my next grow.

Here's a few of my mothers
ECSD- the first
Sour Valley it's a ECSD x SFVBX3 I think
OGKB 2.0
That tray of clones are 10 ECSD and a CN and OGKB
and other plants I'm working on!!! The ECSD are growers I know that

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few of the 1000w Updayday lights I've been using. Also got 2 of the Updayday 1500w I think. But they have tons of options. These 1000w you can angle them how you want. Also has a integrated timer. But the 1500w has the Veg /bloom and both together for flowering. I'm getting pretty good service.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IME, the key to cloning is TEMP and HUMIDITY. I use Rapid Rooters and Root Riot. I let my RR's sit in a mild veg solution overnight. I use a humidity dome and heat mats when necessary. I put a hygrometer under the dome with the clones and I add a little water in the tray - that I forgot to mention. I just did this just a few weeks ago and had 100% success in 8-10 days. Can provide pics. I avoided mentioning how to take cuts because I'm sure you already know how to do that.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
IME, the key to cloning is TEMP and HUMIDITY. I use Rapid Rooters and Root Riot. I let my RR's sit in a mild veg solution overnight. I use a humidity dome and heat mats when necessary. I put a hygrometer under the dome with the clones and I add a little water in the tray - that I forgot to mention. I just did this just a few weeks ago and had 100% success in 8-10 days. Can provide pics. I avoided mentioning how to take cuts because I'm sure you already know how to do that.

Thanks alot, yea I've been using my heat mats and keep the water around 68 F. But I didn't know if I'd be better to soak the cubes in plain water or a solution. Should I put I drop or so of B1 or something in the solution. Yea i know were and how to cut them. But it seems like when I get some roots starting they just stall out. That's mainly with the areocloners. I use a 10 20 tray and dome. But I'm gonna get a few rapid rooters and try that. I've got a few I'm trying to root at the moment in rapid rooters, but not sure how it's gonna go. Do you mist yours with plain water or the dome. Thanks friend, any help is appreciated!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
B1 is good to use, as any root enhancer will do. When I take my cuts, I make sure to scrape around the bottom 1/3 or 1/2 of the cut, dip it in clonex gel, then insert it in the RR. I then put that in the tray, and make sure I have a little water in the bottom of the tray. This will give you your high humidity. I put the dome on top - one of those 7inch ones. I put all that on top of a heat mat. I put a hygrometer inside the dome so that I can monitor temps and humidity. Now I like high humidity in this case. Up to 75% is fine by me. Now where we differ is the temps. 75 to 80 degrees works wonders for quick growth, IME. Also, I don't mist. Don't have to with that high ass humidity under that dome...lol.
If anything, I take the humidity dome off for a little while because those temps will cause condensation to form on the dome. Warm temps and high humidity is key - for me at least.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I just fed all my mother plants. I usually give them plain water before I take/cut the clone. I'll give them some plain water tonite, The few times I did good with the areocloners, it was really good or nothing seemed like. I've already had a few cuts in some rapid rooters. But I just soaked in plain water. I usually take something and make the hole deeper and pull a piece off to stuff down to hold them sturdy also.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Raised up the lights and cleaned out the floor. I got flooded out, shew I've gotta get a submersible pump. But I bleached the floor and sprayed everything with Crop Control. Here's a few pics

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I have a Canna lights Smart 3522 that wasn't going completely off with the timer. I contacted them and was sent a diagram to change 2 wires and that solved the problem. But this a really good sturdy light. I'm glad to have it fixed and back in the grow. Here's a pic or 2 of the light and I've got a HUGE SLK and 2 Lemon Tarts under it, probably getting light to a few others also. I have been setting my alarm clock to check and make sure it's been going completely off with a timer and it's working fine!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's the 2 1800w Updayday Leds I've got, I really like these. I thought they were 1500w but the 1800w. I've got 2

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Most of my Leds have a more white spectrum but those. Here's a nice ibozily 800w, this is other very bright Led. And I've already used it in Veg and it works great. It's kinda different with the bigger round lights. But I've grew a jungle vegging under this 800w. I've also got a 300 ibozily in my mother room. And a 100 Updayday in my Veg area. I'm working on another light when the 12v power supply gets here, I'm not trying to compete with the Leds. But we'll get a pretty good idea of how these I've got fair to the Mars Hydro SP 250 I've already had a good harvest with. I've seemed to have luck with the whiter spectrum, but I've not really used the purple until know. I'm not sure what is recommended for a 8 x 12 but I'm trying to put as many lights as I can lol. I don't believe in overkill on light really lol

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Just to update, these have been flowering since Dec 27. I just sprayed the plants with Crop Control good, also got the water and sprayed some bleach to clean up the mess. I need a cheap sub pump so if it rains hard I don't have to scoop it up in buckets to get outta the growroom. There's a few San Fernando Lemon kush that I might super crop some branches. I feel like I get lucky finding this pheno. I've grew a few others from seed that can't really touch it. Looked like the Lemon Tarts are starting to bud!!! Also guys it's definitely getting time for me to get my Xmas gift I bought myself, 70 pint dehumidifier!!!. The temps are kinda cool in a basement or half basement for those who don't know. I definitely don't like to set a pot directly to the cold concrete. But the temps running around 68 and 63 F for low. Yes that's cold but I had pretty decent luck last year and it was looks colder. But the humidity got around 74 and 60 for the low. Of course the floor getting wet really hurts. But I hope this dehumidifier helps some. I also got a 6in inline terra bloom fan I'm thinking of hooking up to circulate air. And I'm gonna hook up a 6in fan and I've got a 6in terra bloom carbon filter to go on that. I've got several fans for intake but I really haven't needed them when it's cold. I just feel comfortable adding another carbon filter. The 8in Terra Bloom carbon filter is kicking ass like no other. But putting up a few fans and bringing the remaining mother plants and regular. The ones I plan to start another 15-20 plants the min I harvest the San Fernando Lemon kush and Lemon Tart. I've got a lot of ECSD, and Chocolate Nightmare, a few OGKB 2.0smaybe, also the Sour Valley strain. I'm excited to transplant these ECSD, I've got 10-12 of those, and 3-5 chocolate nightmare, also OGKB 2.0. I might have a Key Lime x Dos or 2 I'm going have to try to fit!!! I'm gonna try to keep a little variety in my grows. I grew a few Key Lime x Dos outdoors that was great, beautiful bag appeal, looked like indoor. I've got 2 of those from seed. Once I get caught up I feel like I can have nice healthy plants coming outta Veg and straight into flowering. I'm sorry to Ramble guys, Hopefully I'll have a nice harvest this time.

And guys I spent several hours cleaning and getting the areocloners ready. I also give the other mom's some plain water. I'd still like to know if any areocloner guys use a solution in there water. I'm going have to check the propagation forums and look for more info. I've gotta. I hand clean and run about half a cap of bleach and clean everything. I did a extra rinse this 5. So 5-6 times I dumped out water and refilled until the bleach is gone. I spray some in my growroom if it gets flooded. But I'm super careful not to get it on anything.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, you're gonna need some circulation with humidity that high. I'm having the same issues. I dump at least 2 gallons of water - or more - a day from the dehumidifier. You''re a busy man up in that camp, bro.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts