What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

630w DE Verticle

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Its been a while since I started a grow thread. I will not start vegging until mid January, maybe Feb 1, so it will be a little slow til then but have ordered and have received a vertical DE fixture, ballast and 630w DE CMH bulb (3100K) and excited about the new lighting..
will cut PurpleHaze-Malawi next couple days, then shortly after, we leave for in the CA desert for christmas. Upon return, grow room will undergo a few changes physically from 5'x5' to 8'x5'. The present grow, a light mover was added, I'm impressed and will work well in this new configuration... LED is out and we'll see how this new fixture and CMH technology works out.. Few pics of the fixture and paraphernalia...

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 76
Very nice! I'm sure plenty of us will be interested to see how these perform for you...If we can just wake this damn vert section up... :needcoffee: :nono:

How you liking that Purple Haze Malawi coming along? I'm still waiting to sample Golden Tiger for the first time, whenever she decides she's done...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hello MM.:tiphat:..The PHM was/is a very nice looking specimen. Not cut yet but that little (not really little) bitch went thru hell this grow.. it was really looking stellar and then with 4 weeks left, the LED went blinking off and on for a couple days before it died. Put a 600w bare HPS bulb in place... colas were looking fantastic... until that bulb jumped its placement, fell onto the sweetest part of the canopy burnt thru it and was dangling 3 inches from breaking on the cement floor.. I left bare bulb vert because of fire worries.. . bottom line, havent tried it yet but next run, 2X PHM.

Cant wait to put the new light in place.. wish I could settle on a 'standard' grow process without changes from the last grow.. what do I do with all the no longer used hoods, bulbs and ballasts.?.:biggrin:

.. colas were looking fantastic... until that bulb jumped its placement, fell onto the sweetest part of the canopy burnt thru it and was dangling 3 inches from breaking on the cement floor.. I left bare bulb vert because of fire worries.. . bottom line, havent tried it yet but next run, 2X PHM.

Awww, man, that is rough, but I feel your pain. This golden tiger has gone through a bit of hell her first run too, 14 weeks, and no end in sight yet, so I'm still looking forward to my first Ace experience!

Good luck with the next run though! I'll keep an eye out:tiphat:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
aint seen a thread from you in a long time snook - that de vert looks interestng
ive decided to try something completley different this round
Vert+Coco DTW+Leds

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
aint seen a thread from you in a long time snook - that de vert looks interestng
ive decided to try something completley different this round
Vert+Coco DTW+Leds

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Yes Boyd that 'is' different.. that's allot of wire. No defoliation going on there.. doesnt look like you can get to those girls... will the colas just hang or do you have a support mechanism for them? Start you own thread (I'm not complaining:tiphat:), I'm betting you'll get allot of response.

My vert DE CMH experiment came to an abrupt end when the ballast died 2 weeks into bloom and had no backup CMH ballast.. so now its just a vert 1K HPS run. I will, next time, run 945w CMH, because impressed with the growth when using the 630w CMH.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Yes Boyd that 'is' different.. that's allot of wire. No defoliation going on there.. doesnt look like you can get to those girls... will the colas just hang or do you have a support mechanism for them? Start you own thread (I'm not complaining:tiphat:), I'm betting you'll get allot of response.

My vert DE CMH experiment came to an abrupt end when the ballast died 2 weeks into bloom and had no backup CMH ballast.. so now its just a vert 1K HPS run. I will, next time, run 945w CMH, because impressed with the growth when using the 630w CMH.

lol yeah , i have my own thread hehe, i can mind my business if youd like as well...

i was just poking you to update and show us some good news
lots of wires, lots of strips, very even coverage,adjustable hot spots, 45 watts/sqft ,
i takes these down and out of the room each watering 2-3x a day, takes around 15 minutes to water and vac the trays
im at week 3 so i will defol in there this week
yes there will be a second layer of trellis for the stacking phase and it will just be in place via the back wall and the plants themselves

that super sucks having a failure in flower , which is why we usueally have backups we dont sell on to friends , at least i dont, till i have no need for double backups

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
No problems with your postings Boyd.. always glad to see new ideas..
wish I had more positive input for the 630w. The 1K HPS does what it does.. few degrees warmer temps but reliable.

Its been a while since I started a grow thread. I will not start vegging until mid January, maybe Feb 1, so it will be a little slow til then but have ordered and have received a vertical DE fixture, ballast and 630w DE CMH bulb (3100K) and excited about the new lighting..
will cut PurpleHaze-Malawi next couple days, then shortly after, we leave for in the CA desert for christmas. Upon return, grow room will undergo a few changes physically from 5'x5' to 8'x5'. The present grow, a light mover was added, I'm impressed and will work well in this new configuration... LED is out and we'll see how this new fixture and CMH technology works out.. Few pics of the fixture and paraphernalia...

Hey Snook who did you buy the DE fixture, ballast and bulb from? Where will you buy the CMH 945watt from?

I recrntly ordered the Phillips CDM 1000w compatible bulb from 3 different companies only to be told a week later that that bulb had been discontinued. Then they try to steer me toward DE bulbs so mow I want yo try that setup you have.
Thanks man.

oti$

I was just about to buy a few 945 cm fixtures for my seed hunting room. I had no idea there were vertical de fixtures. I've been doing flat grows the past year or two trying out the new de and fly tech. I was so impressed with the chm grows that I've gone to all flat grows under cmh(630de&315se). I was going to do a little stacked 315se chm vert grow in the corner of one of the rooms, but seeing these vert de fixtures has me excited and has changed my mind about stacked 315 as well as horizontal 945 grows. Now I'm thinking about building a 10×10 5 light 4 plant x grow with the de vertical fixtures and big trees. This is very exciting for this old vert head:D...
I'd like to know where you acquired these fixtures as well. I hope you get another ballast and get a grow going with this fixture. I didnt want to say it out loud, but with how well the new de chm tech was working for me, I thought my vert days were over. You don't know how happy and excited this thread has made me.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey Snook who did you buy the DE fixture, ballast and bulb from? Where will you buy the CMH 945watt from?

I recrntly ordered the Phillips CDM 1000w compatible bulb from 3 different companies only to be told a week later that that bulb had been discontinued. Then they try to steer me toward DE bulbs so mow I want yo try that setup you have.
Thanks man.
High Fred.. DE vertical fixture at Grow Logic.. https://growershouse.com/grow-logic-vertical-de-complete

I have not purchased the 945w ballast yet. Will finish this run with 1K HPS and start next run with 630w. Will new ballast as I have couple hundred $$ invested in DE CMH bulbs. I'm impressed with the 630w CMH.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I was just about to buy a few 945 cm fixtures for my seed hunting room. I had no idea there were vertical de fixtures. I've been doing flat grows the past year or two trying out the new de and fly tech. I was so impressed with the chm grows that I've gone to all flat grows under cmh(630de&315se). I was going to do a little stacked 315se chm vert grow in the corner of one of the rooms, but seeing these vert de fixtures has me excited and has changed my mind about stacked 315 as well as horizontal 945 grows. Now I'm thinking about building a 10×10 5 light 4 plant x grow with the de vertical fixtures and big trees. This is very exciting for this old vert head:D...
I'd like to know where you acquired these fixtures as well. I hope you get another ballast and get a grow going with this fixture. I didnt want to say it out loud, but with how well the new de chm tech was working for me, I thought my vert days were over. You don't know how happy and excited this thread has made me.
I too moved away from vert w HPS/MH. the fixture is very well designed and built. The propaganda about changing a bulb with only one hand is BS even after needing 2 hands just to take it apart to get to get to the bulb carrier.. but it isnt hard either.. GL Oti$. 5X DE 945w CMH should work very nicely..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey Snook did you ever get that 945w de going?:beat-dead
No Fred, went to dbl 315w ina large horizontal fixture (Growzilla).
My market, not that I do this for money, is drying up.

Yield isnt as important to me now as it was a few years ago.

But still have vert fixture sitting.. along with all the other shit I dont use any longer.. cant even give it way.

I'll buy it from you. Seriously. I've been trying to work with growers house for 2 weeks and I guess they couldn't care less about my little order. PM me if you're interested. I'm so mad at them I refuse to buy it from them now. Not having it will be worth telling them to fuck off, if they ever answe me.:dunno::noway::bashhead:

Markets have done the same here by the way.