What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triple stacked 3K automatic

ganjourno

Day 17 lights on and off, starting to happen:
d1Nfmkp.jpg

X9O3YIX.jpg

Z4gvjTT.jpg

A few more days and I will get more aggressive with the defoliation.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
That's really filling in fast. I can't wait to see what you end up with, your system is a beast!

When I see the space filled out like it is I can't help but thinking that you have more light than you can use with the size canopy you end up with.
I'll bet you could widen your set up quite a bit and have more canopy to fill but maybe the tradeoff with that is less penetration.

that stack you are running looks like it can really penetrate.:biggrin:

I'm not hating just curious and I've never run a cool tube either so it's just my 2 cents.

my best results with vertical 1000's in a donut I had the canopy trained back 2 feet from the bare bulbs and only 10 inches deep.
with my current stadium nothing is father than 30" from a bulb and some buds get within 10-12" in the middle between bulbs.

glue
picture.php

cookies
picture.php

ganjourno

Thanks Chunky, I have admired your setup before. Previously I had a similar setup with 600s that i kept a bit further away, and wasnt satisfied with the bud size. I was running about 20w per square foot of canopy with that one. I feel that the ideal is more like 35w for a vert, so i have planned on about a 3x6.5ft canopy for each wall. Theyre hanging in a bit further than that, but ill defoliate and tie back a few of the drooper branches to maximize the penetration. As you mentioned, yes my canopy should be no more than 12" deep. I have removed almost everything behind the screens, my goal with this run is to have very little larf. But yeah shits blowing up, the environment and feeding is totally dialed and it shows.

Buddler

Veteran
Really nice Ganj thanks for showing your grow good to see some innovations in vert, be tagging along.B

ganjourno

Day 21, gave the ladies a serious haircut and undertrim. Doesn't really look like it from the pics, but I chopped off a hefty bag full of fans leaves and sucker branches, and cleaned up the backs behind the screen real nice. Tomorrow I'll be pulling back some of the larger branches with hooks to make sure I have even spacing around the lamps and a maximum of 10" canopy depth.

6waIxhv.jpg

ZYyhldt.jpg

And a bonus pic of the rear of the plants mounted on the door:
X8SPaN5.jpg

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Amazing stuff.

How often are you cleaning those cool tubes? Do you clean the insides as well?
Seeing that they are taped together with flexfix it looks like it'd be a bit difficult to access the lamps/inside glass when necessary.

ganjourno

Thanks for the kind words!
This is the first run with this particular incarnation of the setup, so I would say I clean them once at the beginning of the run. The space is kept super clean and is sealed with AC/CO2 so there is not much dust or grime that can build up. The flex tape I could easily cut off and replace if needed -- the tubes are hung from the top ring and not attached at the bottom, so if the tape is removed they can be rotated out of the line to easily swap bulbs or clean the tubes if needed. But they are still pretty darn spotless. I am going to switch bulbs in a few days to warmer halides, so I'll give them a quick cleaning then.

ganjourno

Day 22 -- I made some simple hooks from wire that I painted orange to pull in some of the dropping branches. Now the canopy is no more than 8-10" deep and the light is spread more evenly. I will be able to move these later on (that's why they're orange, so I can see them easily) to fine tune the arrangement of colas for ripening, to make sure they all get some light. Bonus shot at the end of the stripped rear behind the screens. Anything that didn't reach through the screen was removed.

wDHWg8h.jpg

TTHSLY8.jpg

f1C8P7u.jpg

r-man

1. So there is an automated dosing system for nutrients, mixed with water and also PH balanced? Every irrigating cycle is everything mixed freshly?

2. Pls can you describe ventilation system more detailed? I don't understand how is achieved proper room temperature and cool 1KW MHs at the same time and enough CO2 at the same time...

Thanks.

ganjourno

this looks awesome!

how do you like the cooltubes? i used them for a while

I like them fine, they are required for this setup since the distances are quite critical here -- if I was running open bulbs I would be frying plants for sure or at least causing foxtailing -- no thank you! I would never use them for horizontal but for vert and especially this setup they work great for efficiently moving the heat away.

ganjourno

1. So there is an automated dosing system for nutrients, mixed with water and also PH balanced? Every irrigating cycle is everything mixed freshly?

2. Pls can you describe ventilation system more detailed? I don't understand how is achieved proper room temperature and cool 1KW MHs at the same time and enough CO2 at the same time...

Thanks.

1. Yes the nutrients are mixed inline at the time of each watering using the minidos dosers. The pH is correct by default, my ph is 6.0 with no extra adjustment, but yes you can add a doser for pH if you need it up/down based on what nutrients are in use and what strength (weaker = higher pH, stronger = lower pH).

2. There is a 13,400BTU air conditioner on top of the room - the intake side of the AC is right above the lights stack. There is a 6" fan at the bottom of the light stack, that pushes the hot air directly into the AC intake, where it is cooled, and then the cold air is spread around the room. It is extremely efficient because the hottest air is being cooled at the source - it does not have a chance to mix with the rest of the room air. The AC is on a simple digital thermostat that flips a 20A relay, so that more or less runs itself. I'll try to do a drawing.

ganjourno

Day 26, starting to fill in nicely:
5N7Rb3e.jpg

I also swapped the bulbs to warmer halides, not the more bulbous shape:
TElGakj.jpg

An upskirt so you can see the AC intake up top. The PVC tubing you see up there is plumbed into the AC drip pan to catch the condensate:
wKknQjM.jpg

The canopy has been trained back to about 10" deep:
7xu6Enf.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts