What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOILING THE ROOTBALL??????????

D

DJXXPLATINUM

MAN I RAN INTO THIS GUY WHO WORKS AT A DISPENSARY AND HE SAYS TO BOIL THE ROOTBALL FOR HARVESTING AND CURING, SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SUGARS AND CARBS.........CAN ANY ONE CHIME IN ON THIS ONE????IS THERE LOGIC TO THIS???......DJ

T

TribalSeeds

Yea, but you gotta do it upside down so the THC can sink to the buds

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MAN I RAN INTO THIS GUY WHO WORKS AT A DISPENSARY AND HE SAYS TO BOIL THE ROOTBALL FOR HARVESTING AND CURING, SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SUGARS AND CARBS.........CAN ANY ONE CHIME IN ON THIS ONE????IS THERE LOGIC TO THIS???......DJ

Yea, but you gotta do it upside down so the THC can sink to the buds

dude

serious??????

come on!!!!!!!! get real and stop listening to urban ledgends that only children believe

Oh boy this again... I haven't heard that in Dayzzzzzz

yeah I heard this way back in middle school...In Cali... the idea was that the THC was circulated throughout the plant similar to how our blood is pumped through our bodies, and that boiling the roots and hanging the plant upside down will cause more of the THC to drain down into the flower tips.

but now that we are grown ups we know that the THC is produced in the glandular resin heads produced by the Trichomes and are harvested at peak potency with no effect from hanging the plants or boiling the roots

either the guy you spoke to is a buffoon and doesn't know shit about which he speaks, or he was having fun with you and your a lil gullible.

don't listen to everything you hear about weed just cause it came from some one in cali... especially if they work at dispensaries from my experience most those guys don't know anything.

peace,
Infi

WelderDan

Veteran
No THC in the roots. Old wives (stoners?) tale

The old method of hanging the entire plant, roots and all, upside down so all the THC can drain down was discredited long ago.

Someone is either pulling your leg or stupid.

djonkoman

Veteran
I also heard this crazy awesome myth, supposedly pushing a button on the left side of your keyboard titled 'caps lock' will increase potency tenfold

D

DJXXPLATINUM

dude

serious??????

come on!!!!!!!! get real

the face you asked this says a LOT about you dude, your obviously the laughing joke of some hydro shop right now,

i can imagine them betting each morning on what they can tell the biggest idiot who walks in that day

and boiling the rootball lol, thats a good one, you must be a special customer to believe that one haha

well done, you just made someone 10 dollars

YOU KNOW IT WASN'T ME I HEARD IT SECOND HAND....BUT IF IT ENTERTAINED SOMEONE I AM HAPPY....I KNEW SOME DICKHEAD WOULD CHIME IN....NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS....MAN I THOUGHT I HAD HEARD EVERYTHING....LOL DJ

D

DJXXPLATINUM

I also heard this crazy awesome myth, supposedly pushing a button on the left side of your keyboard titled 'caps lock' will increase potency tenfold

sorry...i had a stroke and its a lil easier to read...didn't mean to yell...dj

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if its not likely to happen in nature then i doubt the organism has a "defense" mechanism that would result in a "favorable" programmed response

Does make a difference ... in taste

Does make a difference ... in taste

Back in the day, outdoors, it wasn't a problem to build a fire, boil a wash-tub of water, and dip each stalk roots-first. Then the whole plant could be hung in a barn or shed to dry/cure. The shock to the plant caused the stomata to slam shut, which slowed down the dry/cure and eliminated much of the "green" taste. Most of it was all leaf anyway ... since Jamaican & Columbian seeds wouldn't ripen quickly in the US. It wasn't great, but it did the trick. The only way to get bud outdoors was to use Mexican seeds. Hanging whole plants, with the leaf folding around the bud, also slowed down the cure, and made it taste better.

supermanlives

Veteran
i have had people over the years also tell me this . others use cold water. we need someone to do a test. what bass said might be a possible reason. my plants cure slow enough no need for me

Lifebreather

Veteran
I don't buy any of the "@harvest" tips for increasing potency, flavor, or anything.

I think when a plant is ready for harvest, it shouldn't have much room for improvement unless you effed up along the way.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
When I was a kid, I was told by someone that when you grow weed-you need to sit the plants roots in hot water and hang the plant upside down "To make the resin run into the plant"
LOL

supermanlives

Veteran
well i have heard hot and cold. there could be something too it. not to increase thc tho . we all know thats bullshit. but maybe shocking the plant does help with curing . i wont insult dj.

supermanlives

Veteran
theres lots of shit i was once told didnt work. no holes drainage,no ph testing of applied ferts.and quite a few other things.if ya aint tried it you wont ever know.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
actually Ive found that that the buds taste better when you remove as much leaf matter as possible and control the speed of drying environmentally... then followed by a long jar cure.

I think that the buds will to some degree absorb the odors of the drying leaf matter, which tends to smell of grass or hay, and have noticed the difference between buds that were trimmed immediately and those that weren't, those that weren't were much more harsh.

the best smelling and tasting stuff comes from fresh bud delicately trimmed, slowly dried and placed in glass jars for a long cure... if at anytime the drying bud shares a closed space with some other odors the finished product will be compromised

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Grow up and maybe spend some time educating yourself so life's not full of people laughing at you

Its always easier to give advice than to take it.

I think your over reaction to a simple question is a lot funnier than the OP's original question.

Calm down bro.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

Dude if you ask such stupid questions people will treat you like a idiot

Grow up and maybe spend some time educating yourself so life's not full of people laughing at you

GROW UP......LOL...I AM IN THE ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS...LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR YOU....

I AM SORRY FOR THE ONES OUT THERE WHO ARE JUST ABOVE THE REST OF US.....

I HAVE ONLY BEEN DOIN THIS BOUT FIVE YEARS AND YOU JUS NEVER KNOW WHAT LIL THING HELPS NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT GOES AGAINST SCIENCE AND LOGIC.....HEY MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS...TOO MANY PEOPLE CHIMING IN AND SHOWING THEIR IGNORANCE....

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HEARD OF IT, EVEN IF IT IS AN OLD TALE........MAN PEOPLE ARE FUNNY ON HERE.....SOME NEED TO SMOKE MORE IF STUPID QUESTIONS GET ON THEIR NERVES...DJ