What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Coliseum On The Cheap

smallfry707

maybe you could notch the bucket that is being rested on in the future so it sits on there more securely.. just an idea

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
great update
its looking really good
im happy to see how much you seem to be using every little thing to get the fullest out of little means from the start

about those dual arc bulbs
whats their name and where did you get them?
how would you rate them compared to normal hps with increased bluelight spectrum like Osram Plantestar, sylvania Growlux etc?

ive already bought some cheap GE hps for my next grow but i was thinking to use some Sylvanie Growlux for the coming one as they are suppose to be good and i found some good deals in them at ebay

PotProf

The dual arc bulbs suck for yield!!! They do make things frostier though...

I'd stick with more lumens from a straight hps bulb.

sneakinman13

Veteran
mann that water on the floor looks scary!!!! i sure hope nothing electrical falls into that pit!
other then that the plants loook greaaat. i cant wait till u hit the flip on them! good luck

PoorBoy

If you do a search on ebay for "600w HPS/MH Dual Arc bulbs", you should find the bulbs I purchased. I paid $29.95ea for them. I have one grow in with these already, previously I was using sylvania grolux ($59.95 or $69.95ea - don't remember for sure). There wasn't a big enough difference in yields to say definitively that one is better than the other.

All the electric cables are secured up off the floor. No worries there.

I'm 10 days into flower right now and these things are stretching like crazy. I trimmed the bottom growth 3 days before flipping to 12/12. It was relatively easy to trim between the buckets, but reaching in far enough to trim and train the interior growth is less simple. I think I'm just going to have to let them grow as they will. I had to pull a couple shoots back from the light already. I just hooked onto them and wired them back to the frame.

I'm not able to add anymore pics. I've exceeded my storage limit already. I will have to put them here as attachements. The first pics are from the first day I flipped to 12/12 and the next ones are 10 days in.

Attachments

• Day1-1.JPG
    Day1-1.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Day1-2.JPG
    Day1-2.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 41
  • Day1-3.JPG
    Day1-3.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Day1-4.JPG
    Day1-4.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 43

PoorBoy

10 days flower

Attachments

• 10days-flwr-1.JPG
    10days-flwr-1.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 10days-flwr-2.JPG
    10days-flwr-2.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 10days-flwr-3.JPG
    10days-flwr-3.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 43

Space Toker

Veteran
This method would work well with hempy buckets, using a tube as a water level indicator (rather than a drain hole) so there is no runoff unless you want it...

sorry off topic but I almost shit my pants when I saw your username, as that is our nickname for our nasty conservative-minded aunt (we are of Russian descent and "choch" or "chocha" means aunt). I thought she was on to my plans or something! :D

You see, I think I may want to try a homemade coli and this could help but I most certainly don't want Choch finding out.

labtec

looking good. I'm at about the same day into flowering as you. I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts