What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

One Love 731

Veteran
Peyote Purple has been mentioned a few times. Personally I can not see how she could be a Bubba S1. She might be a Blackberry Bubba Kush or maybe even a bubba chunk S1 but the lack of Bubba flavor, nose and structure to me is not Bubba S1. Charlie is the man and I never would want to say anything that could be misconstrued bad bout the dude, but Bubba S1 a Peyote Purple is not. 1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think the PP is a katsu bubba S2 rather than an S1, from what ive read.

browntrout

Veteran

Sounds accurate IMO, I have always thought as the katsu to be the legit kush indica, but maybe thats just me. I remember reading something about the supposed "creator" of the pre 98 and he said it was a bubblegum cross?

BT

Last edited:
Pre 98- Bubba Kush
picture.php

One Love 731

Veteran

Ive only popped 3 Peyote Purple seeds over a years time back when they were first released. I know its not enough to really know a strain. However all three were very similar in nose, structure and flavor much like everybody's pics here. Much closer to the Blackberry Bubba Kush which I ran for a few years. I passed the BBK to a freind, come to find out he shortened it to Bubba. These things happen not to mention straight up mislabeling or trade bait. Ive also had a verified Pre98 Bubba and recently acquired a much louder bubba but not sure of its title other than straight "Bubba". I wont claim to know much but from my experience if PP has any Bubba in it its a percentage not a different phenotype. Bubba is Bubba like OG is OG. Even Sour Bubble and Master Kush to me is way more Bubba than PP. Just an opinion. Charlie is still the dude regardless, just an observation. I only mentioned it to see if others, hopefully with more experience can concur or disagree. 1:ying:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds accurate IMO, I have always thought as the katsu to be the legit kush indica, but maybe thats just me. I remember reading something about the supposed "creator" of the pre 98 and he said it was a bubblegum cross..

BT

if it was a bubblegum cross, the S1s would segregate and we would get bubblegum phenos - which is not the case.

the pre-98 S1s all come up very similar to each other and to the cut. (the only additional smell i detected in one plant was the 'cheese' terpene (which is supposed to be an afghan trait)
this, and the lack of vigor of bubba, all points to it being an inbred line imo.

VG

I cant think of any way in which peyote purple is similar to bubba. It's like they are not even related. Not saying they are not it is just I don't think they should be grouped together. PP is just a bad ass indica with unique medical benefits.

browntrout

Veteran
if it was a bubblegum cross, the S1s would segregate and we would get bubblegum phenos - which is not the case.

the pre-98 S1s all come up very similar to each other and to the cut. (the only additional smell i detected in one plant was the 'cheese' terpene (which is supposed to be an afghan trait)
this, and the lack of vigor of bubba, all points to it being an inbred line imo.

VG

I did not say it was not an IBL for the record, I have my doubts as much as you do about the origins lol It may have been an NL rather than bubblegum as my memory recedes me.

BT

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did not say it was not an IBL for the record, I have my doubts as much as you do about the origins lol It may have been an NL rather than bubblegum as my memory recedes me.

BT

ive seen it listed as a bubblegum cross too, but i doubt it, even an inbred bubblegum cross is unlikely imo.

but who knows...

VG

browntrout

Veteran
ive seen it listed as a bubblegum cross too, but i doubt it, even an inbred bubblegum cross is unlikely imo.

but who knows...

VG

I wouldn't disagree lol, Having not grown pure bubba could one say katsu and pre-98 share a similar lineage?

BT

Snype

Veteran
The guy who gave me this cut swears it's the pre98 Bubba Kush. He has connections. What do you guys think:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts