What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LEO Article on Thermal Imaging

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
kmk420kali said:
Bro, you are on Parole...they would not spend the $$ it takes to put a copter in the air, much less to hover for an hour over your house, just to search for a heat signature-- They would just rush you--
I'm not saying you are lying about what happened...just that I believe you are mistaken about why and how it went down--
My guess would be that you caught these guys attention, then proceeded to piss them off...so they run your address...get your name, and see you are on Parole...so they contact your PO...and have him give you some lame story just to :spank: you--
They do use TI to search for grows...but it is illegal as fuck, and very difficult to hide the fact if they do...Parolees are a low-budget bust, because they don't have to do any of that...they just show up and look-- I was on for over 15 years here in Cali, and I know from experience that THEY ARE NOT SHY!! lol
Peace bro-- :wave:

I am on probation, not parole. Do you know the difference? On top of that, my PO is NOT AWARE of where I physically live. And my PO never goes to my house, where they think I am.
ON TOP OF THAT, how much cost difference would there really be between sending up the chopper with two officers, or paying a SWAT team to kick a door down. Ever heard of extra pay for hazardous conditions. You don't think it costs mad money to deploy a fucking "door knocking down crew".
Dude, I'm not even growing in the house that I stay at. They think there is a grow here because this dude made up a story and went down committed purgury, and SIGNED AN AFFIDAVIT saying that he has SEEN the grow. THAT is all the need. NO FU*KING JUDGE! They don't got time to deal with that. Sorry.

stinkfinger said:
UM yeah if you lived in the USA, LEO cannot fly around looking into random houses with FLIR. In order for cops to LEGALLY look into your home with FLIR a judge must sign a WARRANT based on probable cause. And on that note, probable cause is NOT based on someone narking you out..People can talk all the shi t they want. "Oh so-and-so grows pot", or "so-and-so sells pot". NOT enough for a judges signature on a warrant. LEO needs HARD evidense in order to secure a legit warrant. And yes I am aware that there are corrupt police and judges, but thats another story...

Yo, prove your statements. IF SOMEONE GOES TO THE POLICE, AND SAYS THEY HAVE A GROW, AND THEY'VE SEEN IT, THAT IS PROBABLE CAUSE!!!
I'm not talking out of my ass like you. I've done research on the subject. Those things happened! I saw the chopper and I know why they were there. So I have some EXPERIENCE. Like I said it varies state to statem but DO NOT THINK you have all these rights and NO COP PIG can shine his infrared on MY house. That's real loose. Stop watching so much Law and Order, and the First 48, and pick up a fu*king legal book!

And to the wanna be internet comedian who said police don't have unlimeted budgets, your right. But THEY'RE BUYING 100,000 dollar infrared cameras and SCREWING THE POLICE ON THIER PAY, IF THAT IS EVEN THE CASE... LOL. You are ignorant. Police departments are HIGHLY FUNDED. It's something called PUBLIC RECORD. Find out how much your local cops or any police angency you want gets budgeted and then tell me they can't afford an infrared camera to put on their MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR chopper. Ohhhh thats right. YOUR LOCAL POLICE DOESN'T HAVE A HELICOPTER RIGHT??? LOL. Ignorant. And they can afford a helicopter but not the IR.
And you may not find an article that directly links a bust to FLIR, because it is so useful in identifying large setups, and they may not want to link the two. You want me to go outside next time they some and take a picture of my LOCAL POLICE'S helicopter and POST IT!!?? You want my grow address too? This site isn't about that GREEN BAR NEXT TO YOUR NAME! OR THE NUMBER OF POST YOU HAVE. ITS ABOUT GROWING MARIJUANA, MEETING PEOPLE AND BEING ABLE TO BRAG AND SHOW PICS OF THIER SHIT WITHOUT BREAKING RULE #1. WHICH I FOLLOW. ALONG WITH ODOR CONTROL, NOT THROWING SHIT IN YOUR TRASH, LOL.

http://www.cvs.flir.com
Click on the LAW ENFORCEMENT...

Is this company spending lots of $$$ marketing to LAW ENFORCEMENT because they know they can't afford it?

KNOW before you share information, or state that you aren't SURE or that you statement is an opinion. Stating what you THINK as FACT puts poeple who come to this website at RISK, if they don't know better.

I'm not flaming (but I am in a way). We are all in this together, but DON'T POST MISINFORMATION! And don't start with INSULTS. And swallow your pride...
PEACE.

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
you talkin to me?

Nah. That internet sh*t talker is talking or "flappin his gums" about me. But he'll see. I just haven't been around in a while.........

WHAT UP BOG.
WHAT UP MALIBOO. WHERE ARE YOU?

LOL. This pisses them off...
You got any?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Any how come people are giving me those OOO so precious points and approving of me putting you in your place. Why don't you disable your points system FLY FU*KER unless it's real important to you or something......

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Still waiting for the proof Mr gangsta wannabee. To think they all conspire to keep it out of the courts and a countrywide secret is more than a joke.

.. I'm not talking out of my ass like you. I've done research on the subject. Those things happened! I saw the chopper and I know why they were there. So I have some EXPERIENCE...

Talk about talking out your ass. You saw a helicopter and suddenly your a mind reader and can tell what its doing? How absurd can you be? And what experience is that .. you got mind reading experience??

You got proof of nothing you got evidence of nothing and yet all you are still doing is flapping lip and sorry if I dont find that crap to be of any service to people here watching out for their security.

Double sorry if people want to take flapping lip service from someone on probation that has people ratting them out to police over the advice of someone thats never been busted, never on probation and never had anyone rat them out to the police and has grown longer than youve been alive.

Verite

Veteran
ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Any how come people are giving me those OOO so precious points and approving of me putting you in your place. Why don't you disable your points system FLY FU*KER unless it's real important to you or something......

Just how old and juvenile are you? If you care to see whos got more rep on this post lemme know. I got a franklin says I got more points from more people than you have got your whole time here.

Verite

Veteran
ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Nah. That internet sh*t talker is talking or "flappin his gums" about me. But he'll see. I just haven't been around in a while.........

WHAT UP BOG.
WHAT UP MALIBOO. WHERE ARE YOU?

LOL. This pisses them off...
You got any?

Get flippin clue too dude, its weapon flashing violence prone dorks like you that give the rest of the marijuana growing community a bad name.

B4O2N0G

Art,you need to get off these forums if all your going to do is make stupid comments and flash your weapons.We know your taking pills and other drugs(you said so in another thread) cause only paranoid people like that keep all these weapons around.I doubt you went to jail for a personal grow.It was more likely because of all those other drugs and weapons you have laying around.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I take xanax. Is that a problem? I get it prescribed. If I could get MMJ, then shit. But I have an anxiety disorder.
I like guns. And I post pictures of them TO GET THAT REACTION.
I'm a G, you don't know about me.
I've prob. grown more wieght than most of you have COMBINED in YOUR WHOLE LONG LIFE. (for those talking like AGE means they must be right)
I have weapons and make it known. It keeps me safe. And yes, I am a little paraniod. You'd be too if you were me...

Verite - Keep worrying about your online rep. And post as often as you can.

B402N0G - I'll keep posting. I've helped alot of people and alot of people have helped me. I learned how to grow from OG. This site seems to be, well, different. It's still the most commonly used site I know of. But yo, other drugs? Don't reach and join the PHD club...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
"01-14-03 (Martin – McAllen Cessna 210) Larry assisted DEA by providing FLIR surveillance in relation to an ongoing conspiracy investigation. Agents seized 1,570.8 pounds of Marijuana, valued at $706,860.00; arrested one defendant; and seized two vehicles. The two vehicles were seized, pending forfeiture proceedings and have a collective value of $14,000.00. On the same flight, aircrew switched missions and supported DPS Narcotics during an Undercover “Buy-Bust” Operation near Mission, Texas. This second investigation resulted in the seizure of 1,003 pounds of Marijuana, valued at $451,350.00, and the arrest of eight defendants. Two vehicles, collectively valued at $9,000.00, were seized, pending forfeiture proceedings. "

That is from http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/aircraft/Notableflights/nf0103.htm .

Public record. Now go and educate yourself. I found this in 5 mins. CHECK YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT'S FLIGHT LOG!

very well put verite, ill tell you guys its people like him(v) we need more of around here. thanx brother you helped put my nerves at ease a little.

Verite

Veteran
oooooh you found one wee story of damn FARM BARN being scanned AFTER its security was blown by an informant? Thats it? I found that days ago, why do you think I asked for a picture or video footage of helicopter flir scanning a house for heat signatures leading to a growroom bust? [ yes the same proof you keep lip flapping is out there but still have yet to provide. ]

Double funny you think the obvious use of flir in a dope purchase that has nothing to do with any marijuana growing operation is also proof of your point.

Not that I dont appreciate yourself digging a deeper hole, but dont you think an anxiety prone, pill popping, on probation, previously busted, narced on, gun toting, gansta wannabee, should quit while their obviously this far behind in the debate? Especially when you cant provide the one little thing I asked for.. the same thing you claim is so plentiful out there? Why do you seem to have such a problem collecting something that according to you happens so often?

But keep yapping on about how this is some rep issue as if that somehow bolsters your weak arguement.

Y

yamaha_1fan

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
I am on probation, not parole. Do you know the difference? On top of that, my PO is NOT AWARE of where I physically live. And my PO never goes to my house, where they think I am.
ON TOP OF THAT, how much cost difference would there really be between sending up the chopper with two officers, or paying a SWAT team to kick a door down. Ever heard of extra pay for hazardous conditions. You don't think it costs mad money to deploy a fucking "door knocking down crew".
Dude, I'm not even growing in the house that I stay at. They think there is a grow here because this dude made up a story and went down committed purgury, and SIGNED AN AFFIDAVIT saying that he has SEEN the grow. THAT is all the need. NO FU*KING JUDGE! They don't got time to deal with that. Sorry.

Probation/Parole = being supervised. Maybe it varies from state to state but in FLorida its more or less the same thing. Parole is when you are released from prison early, probation is usually an alternative sentence to prison.

Point is you are supervised and they dont need a swat team to knock down your door. The PO simply has to show up and has the right to search your house for ANY reason. Alot easier, much cheaper and far more detailed than a FLIR search from a helicopter.

Plus I really dont believe your PO doesnt know where you live unless you lied and pretend to live somewhere where you dont.

aceventura7

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
At this point I began looking up at them and throwing my hands up in the air like, "What the hell are you doing?" That's how close it was over my house, I was looking at the pilots. So I begin to give them the finger and so forth. They keep making circles and scanning my home for over an HOUR.

LOL. I had nothing in the house. I NEVER TELL ANYONE WHERE MY SHIT'S AT. That's why I fucked with them. It felt so good. Grabbin my nuts and giving them the finger. I got a knock and talk the next day.

LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing: :jump: you just made my day bro. you just became my hero dude :bow:

for everyone else: this man is right!!!! don't EVER tell ABOSOLUTELY ANYONE about shit!!!!! PERIOD. word

aceventura7

hello everyone. i'm new to everything in general, but i'd like to give my very honest opinion on the subject. 1st of all, remember, any one is able to read these threads. any one from you, me or a law enforcement officer. just by the way you guys talk, act and inform the WORLD about you previous busts, law enforcement encounters, etc you're giving out way too much info on how to find yourselves. if what 'artofmakingfire' says is true about the whole helicopter-the-came-in-my-house shit, well, what guarantees you one of those officers isn't reading this very thread right now??

please allow me to explain myself better. lets say i'm one of those officers (who knows, maybe REALLY i am!!), whether it be the ones flying the helicopter or the ones who showed up at your door. i'm just in here (the safety & security thread) reading what MJ growers are doing to avoid US (the police, etc) from catching them. now i'm reading posts from a guy whos nickname is 'artofmakingfire' telling everyone about all of that shit, blah blah blah. ok, now this guy sounds JUST like MY guy. now i have hunch and MORE than enough convincing info that it could in fact be MY guy, and i will now go back and investigate his ass again, knowing that the reason i never found shit when i came in his house was because his grow show is somewhere else!!! duh me!!! bro!! you had GOOD MJ in your house, which wouldve alarmed YOU couldve grown that shit, PERIOD (thats why they came in, in the 1st place, right??) maybe these officers either really didn't care or theyre just plain NOt too smart!! i wonder how they got their badges!!

my point is guys, IMHO, this is like rating yourselves out, YKWIM?? another dude in here said "here in florida"... wow, now we know in which parts of the USA people are growing too?? WTF!! like i said, IMHO, even though everything that has been said here could just be BULL, any one deserves the right to doubt. lets just help each other out by posting "whats going on out there" and NOT whats going on in "here"

best wishes to you all and thank you for keeping God's Gift to mankind ALIVE

ps
BTW absolutely NO disrespect to any one in here, especially you "art" since this post goes almost exclusively to YOU. believe it or not, you have very well being breaking that #1 rule your telling everyone not to break!!! peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
yamaha_1fan said:
Probation/Parole = being supervised. Maybe it varies from state to state but in FLorida its more or less the same thing. Parole is when you are released from prison early, probation is usually an alternative sentence to prison.

Point is you are supervised and they dont need a swat team to knock down your door. The PO simply has to show up and has the right to search your house for ANY reason. Alot easier, much cheaper and far more detailed than a FLIR search from a helicopter.

Plus I really dont believe your PO doesnt know where you live unless you lied and pretend to live somewhere where you dont.

That was a response to something I said-- And thanx bro, for saying what you did...it was on-point--
Art...yeah, I know the difference, and when it comes to Search & Seizure...there isn't any --- They can, and will just come see you-- You say your PO didn't know where you were at...but yet some random informant had already told them (truth or lie...doesn't matter) about a grow at your place-- Which is it dude?? They would have just came...not sent Helicopters to hover over your place for an hour or so--
You are not as hard as you think...guns don't make it, intelligence does--

Y

yamaha_1fan

Ace I understand what you are saying, but think about it. SO what, I said Florida. That really does not narrow it down much. I'm not even in Florida anymore. I have a pretty detailed story about how I got busted and it is kind of unique so I have not shared it here so it wont link me.

If you think about all the cannabis sites, and the amount of users, its virtually impossible to track anyone. Our goverment cant even find the man responsible for killing over 5,000 people?

Not to mention the legalities of what I posted is really me.

aceventura7

yamaha_1fan said:
Ace I understand what you are saying, but think about it. SO what, I said Florida. That really does not narrow it down much. I'm not even in Florida anymore. I have a pretty detailed story about how I got busted and it is kind of unique so I have not shared it here so it wont link me.

If you think about all the cannabis sites, and the amount of users, its virtually impossible to track anyone. Our goverment cant even find the man responsible for killing over 5,000 people?

Not to mention the legalities of what I posted is really me.

don't worry brother, i feel for you. as far as narrowing things down, you are abosolutely right, theres no way in hell they can find you just by saying "florida" or "new york" etc. BUT when you have 300 growers saying "here in florida" "here in new york" then they mention the strain, they mention a whole lot of other shit that in tim could possibl very well narrow shit down. what i mean by mentioning the strain is just that, if you grow your shit to sell it, the rarer the strain, the more chances you have to trace that shit back to you. i have seen it happen!! i read on the paper about a dude who grew some rare clone in some US city, NO one else had this strain so it was easy to track him down JUST by it. :fsu: i know. what i was trying to point out was that life works in sometimes misterious ways. coincidences?? i dunno, but the odds that one of those officers that came into 'artofmakingfire's home is reading these threads are very slim, BUT they are NOT removed. i have seen so many people get busted for any given reson out of what seemed to be pure coincidence (???) anyways, my intention is NOT to argue or try to be on top or be right right right, no no no, like i said i am new to the game (maybe im not!!) and it hurts to see people getting busted for MJ, which i am CONVINCED is God's own gift to us (besides chicks ;) and any lil bit of info you can give the pigs, they WILL use. i mean if i was an investigator (maybe i am), i would use any and ALL i can squeeze out of you guys.

guys (and girls), PLEASEEEEEE, what is so difficult to understand here?? MJ is ILEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! smoking it, eating it, selling it, buying it, having it, giving it away, taking it in, GROWING it (the worst one!). whatever it is that you do about this wonderful creation, you cant afford to slip on it!! and boy is it slipery outside. so, remember this, i don't care what your experiences are, how much you THINK you know about LEO and their strategies, what they do and what they don't, as much as WE try to stay in the low, SO DO THEY. nuff said. take care everyone and DON'T BE OVERCONFIDENT

:joint: strawberry cough... never ceases to impress me (or get m HIGH)! wow, wonderful shit!!