What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Is that tobacco - or Pink Floyd?" - Thai and Red Lebanese

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
There seems to be something of a Seventies revival happening in my part of the world - yesterday I found more of the fat Thai sticks that were around late last year. Today was even more fun - check out this awesome hand-made Red Lebanese I just bumped into! That's 45 grams there (about actual size in the thumbnail), and almost pure resin - the trichs can be seen easily in the last pic, but under a 60X microscope it's red/gold dewdrop heaven...:)

I got a lump last year when Israel invaded, and it seemed to dry up again when they left - first I've seen since then, so maybe they're planning to invade again? :)

Oh, and it's much stronger than Leb used to be, that's for sure...:chin:

First the Thai:

And now the Leb:

Last edited:
G

damn elevator man, you are lucky to get exotic stuff like that. here anything commercial is trash from mexico or trash from canada. i hope you find some seeds in that thai brother! :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well the contacts are good, but to be honest most of the commercial available here is top-notch at the moment - I scored a great piece of African brick last week (there is more too), that had a few very good seeds, no twigs, and was all bud - and cheaper than the Thai too - £90 an ounce as opposed to £120. Where in Africa I haven't a clue, but it was very red-hair in appearance. Maybe Swazi?

Oh, I already have got a few seeds from the stick (or should that be cob?) - and the friend that procured it me is saving all his too. They're probably the same as the last batch, but hey, they're all authentic. And always good for trading...:chin:

Which reminds me, seeing as the seventies have clearly returned with a vengeance - I'm hoping to try and get the H.O.G moving soon.......

G

very cool man. yeah, sucks you didnt get the specifics on that african, its a big place. :D ive always heard the tales of swazi redbeard and how distinct the pistils are on swaziland landrace sativas.

always good for trading. :rasta: speaking of old strains, i recently acquired some 1972 santa marta columbian gold beans from a breeder buddy of mine. im going to be getting a gib. acid seed kit from seedman before i even try to pop those! good luck with the h.o.g. bro, cant wait to see what you do with them.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I got a few Santa Marta Gold seeds recently too, though not that old! These are fresh F2s from another member here...not sure if I could squeeze those into the space I'm going to have to work with though...I hear they can get pretty tall...:)

G

see how those oaxacans do ya first. if thats easy in your space, their leggier sisters to the south shouldn't be too crazy. its just that 16-20 week flowering you'll have to deal with. mmmm, i love landraces. sorry bro, on with the thread! :joint:

70s_PotHead

If ya lived thru it and survived ya gotta love the 70s :muahaha: The $10 Budda Thai sticks I used to get is still to this day some of the best weed i've ever smoked...

70s :joint:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ohw man that looks sweet Elevator Man...that thia stick looks awsome not 2 speak of the lebanese :yummy:
2 be honest i never smoke thai before so i can't realy comprehend how it smokes...Nway that are some nice pics...and i'm low on stash :badday: ...still...enjoy :wink:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The Thai is definitely 'up', but not remotely jittery - like the Malawi, it's a smooth ride, without the pounding electric jangling you can get with some sativas. The smell is very strong for commercial, and almost has a cokey, solvent smell when you first open the bag. It does have the earthy tobacco/fruit smell of Thai though when broken open.

I just found out the one downside of the Leb - it gives off so much thick smoke that I just set off the smoke alarms in my apartment - and it's 2am. I'll be popular now...:(

ngakpa

Veteran
awwwww you lucky git!

love Red Lebanese hash - haven't smoked it in a good ten years - just love that smell it has

swap you some of that for some Mazar or some Tirah garda one of these days?

http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/
something to enjoy with the Swazi or whhatever it was

Last edited:
i like that pounding electric feeling, miss it much, have some malawi gold i popped a while ago that I was hoping would provide that electric buzz but your experiences with it seem to be different.

looks like a real treat elevator man. id like to break that little nugglet off the bottom of the front nug in the first pic, roll it up, and blaze it on a hike along the beach. looks good my friend, hope enjoy em as much has you appreciate em!

-stb

G

Hiya elevator man, What was the leb packed in? back in the seventies it was nearly always wrapped in sack cloth. The bummer was when they cut it you ended up paying for a small piece of sack. They used to say that red leb, or maybe it was the gold leb was pressed with honey. £32-£36 pounds an ounce, in late seventies. Nice to see again cheers. Now if only I could get some madelaine Rocky, & some paki black I would be a happy bunny! cheers.

shasta

And I can call my VW a Porshe...that may be Lebanese but it ain't "red", that may be Thai but it ain't "stick". Sorry but I call it like I see it, been there. Still, you're holding and I'm not. :redface:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
shasta - Are we talking semantics or dope? Not sure what you mean really - that the descriptions aren't valid, or the pictures are the wrong color? They're both authentic as far as origin is concerned...:)

farmaz2 - definitely not the cotton sacks - that packaging method seemed to die out eventually. The Leb I got last year was pressed slab, 2cm thick, whereas this seems to be cut from a larger cylindrical piece - dunno whether it's concealed inside something else for transportation?

G

shasta said:
And I can call my VW a Porshe...that may be Lebanese but it ain't "red", that may be Thai but it ain't "stick". Sorry but I call it like I see it, been there. Still, you're holding and I'm not. :redface:

looks like the red leb hash i've gotten, never got thai sticks myself though.

Latest posts

Latest posts