What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

dufous

Those are good points, troutman. Big storms have been dropping the largest trees the past two years in my swamps. All natural and labor saving. The extra light brought on a bumper crop of blueberries this year after nothing for decades. The pictures look shaded because it was late in the day. from shadows. Himalayan Ganja sometimes has to go out on cloudy days. It's not always the best light for pictures.

troutman

Seed Whore
More air circulation is a also bonus with clearing out a little vegetation.
Dense jungles hold too much moisture which can be bad at harvest time.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Don't be scared to remove small amounts of grasses to allow more light to reach the plants.
Maybe cut down a tree or two for the same reason. If you do cut a tree down. Weave it the
other trees so it looks natural. The best time to increase size of a clearing is just after harvest
so things look very natural the next grow season.

But removing a little vegetation to allow the plants more sun now is fine as well.

Good Luck

I live to clear out trees and brush to get more sunlight. I got my chainsaw fouled up in a tree today and broke the damn chain getting it unstuck. But I'm always trying to get more sunlight.:tiphat:

dufous

I grow in Swamps for stealth and security. These are the prime considerations.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

Another great point.....my container plot is stealthy but there's basically no air flow. And the sun has took the different angle and some tree tops were blocking. Removing trees and brush will open up for more air flow and sunlight. It could make it less stealthy, but I've been using the brush and trimmed branches to kinda hide the plants.

dufous

I have 3 Mandala and 2 Satori in the old swamp. Four tubes were males.

Attachments

• 001 Mandala.jpg
    001 Mandala.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 002 Satori.jpg
    002 Satori.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 003 Satori.jpg
    003 Satori.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 15
  • 004 Satori.jpg
    004 Satori.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 21

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I tried some new things in a new swamp location this season after the move.

moved some of my plants in bags to the east edge of thick pine grove that runs the North-South border
of this swamp for the month of July where they were shaded and didn't get sunshine until 1pm.

this seemed to flip some of my clones 1-3 weeks early then in August they got moved to a slash I cut out in the middle of the swamp
that follows the direction of the sun's track in the fall so they get full sun now from dawn till dusk.

there has not been too much sun to get but they are still doing pretty good.

this is one of the cuts with 15-20 plants in bags.
picture.php

some of my mother plants went out along the edge of a small creek at this location, can you spot any?
picture.php

couple big floods here this year that really fucked the plants I stuck in the ground, they were under water for days each time and they are mostly shit now.

the potted plants that didn't get carried down the creek got flipped and tossed but many recovered well.
Santa Cruz Blue Dream after flooding 3 weeks ago.
picture.php

rinsed it in the creek the up potted it and she's happy and getting fat now.
picture.php

Headband getting her frost on, this is my favorite OG Kush!
picture.php

dufous

Thanks, man. I appreciate the details in your report.

Attachments

• Creekside.jpg
    Creekside.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 17
Hi justsometomatos. thanks you kind words

dufous your garden seems to be doing great. it looks reall green and lush where u are. seems you have a few that are just barely starting to flower right or am i not seeing right? me too my plants are just like two weeks into flower only.

the lemon skun did take 80 to 90 days indoor even though DNA genetis says its good at 8 weeks which is def not the case. mine wer barely ripe at 80 days indoor. the leda uno from KC brains however finished in 50 days indoor i skittle you not. and i am talking fully ripe 100 percent brown hairs. could have cut them at day 45 if i anted to. but for some reason outdoor they are going way slower; maybe it due to them getting slightly flowered then got reveged in june before going out. that might have stunted them. that one pic of the real tall lone one is like 10 feet tall. she is a lemon skunk. lemon skunk gets much bigger then the leda uno which seem to be very indica in structure short and bushy

troutman

Seed Whore
I use a small hand bow saw to avoid the loud noises of a chainsaw.

I cut almost at ground level and I cover the stump with soil to camouflage it afterwards.

dufous

The Mandala #1 is further along and likely to finish in about two weeks. The buds swell near the end. The Satori and Bangi Haze will go to late September and maybe early October. Last year I grew feminized Bangi Haze. The feminized Bangi Haze finishes earlier than the regular I am growing now.

you have a few that are just barely starting to flower

two heads

Veteran
Hey two heads, you still running that one strain with the pink pistols? I think I remember you calling it babies breath or something like that in your threads. You are one lucky son of a gun to live in a country where it will soon be legal. Congrats to you Canadians on your historical achievement! :good:

I myself am a big Indica man but deal with major insomnia so having some broad leafs to settle me down is a high in itself.

Sorry, just tuning in. I still have various forms of Baby's Breath seed and it tends to grow pretty true to those vibrant pink pistils, but I've been sticking to feminized seed for a few years now. Thanks for remembering! Lost strains appreciate being remembered.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry, just tuning in. I still have various forms of Baby's Breath seed and it tends to grow pretty true to those vibrant pink pistils, but I've been sticking to feminized seed for a few years now. Thanks for remembering! Lost strains appreciate being remembered.

Very nice. Keep those seeds going. Might be valuable and lost genetics some day.

hello troutman welcome to this humble swamp. i would ut more grass but arial detection would be more of a problem that way. this swamp spot is very close to houses; this is an urban swamp grow. there is a houuse straight in front of the spot i enter from.

thats why as doufus said myy pics are lacking in light since i STRICTLY ONLY isit at the first light of dawn on sunday morning since people get up later. thos early morning hours on sunday are good to work. on sunday there are also no municipal agents, or contract forestry dept workers or any other professional who might happen to go in the area of the grow, due to work reasons.

hi there wvkindbuds
i will say a few words about leda uno from kc brains sinces its a strain that seems to not be too well known, and the breader supposedly breeds for outdoor growing

dufous

Bangi Haze in the new swamp today. The old swamp, tomorrow.

Attachments

• 001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 002 Bangi Haze.jpg
    002 Bangi Haze.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 003 Bangi Haze.jpg
    003 Bangi Haze.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 004 Bangi Haze.JPG
    004 Bangi Haze.JPG