What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

17 hour high. :(

Gizmo

lol i sympathise, i used to smoke cannabis leaf in my first time, its as much good as tea early grey varieties :biggrin:

angelgoob

to the person that says it's nute burn. No that just how LED do.

they stress the plant into producing more THC.

science.

psyphish

Veteran
to the person that says it's nute burn. No that just how LED do.

they stress the plant into producing more THC.

science.

Simply not true, a properly grown plant will look healthy even under LEDs. And I've never had a LED plant be more potent than a CDM plant.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
If he say's he was stoned for 17 hours he was stoned for 17 hours. Not that he was asking, but I believe him. I love getting high, but 17 hours is a bit much. I didn't see #1Cheesebuds asking for any grow advice in his post...........
He may not have asked for grow advice, but I assure that plant is crying out for it with tears in its eyes!

420empire

Veteran
Have u ever worked with blue/red light ?? Aka old version (still used) LED light, could also as u frog point out, be overfeeding.. But could also be a bad distribution of the LED source, seen for my self. Be careful with u Way of acting like me.r. Knowitall. :) back to the subject, 17 hours damm that's Sound like a Nice high ! Was it indi or sativa ? What kind of LED? Keep growing ;)

angelgoob

I was honestly just stirring the pot. lol I want to rejuvenate this thread a little.

on another note, what kind of tea was he drinking? rooibos?

C

CannaBuilding

First off why does everyone have to be such DICKS about it.
let me get some things straight right now! first of all I did not over fed this one at all. 2ed is the led used is a cob LED light, had to use it cuz the growroom gets hot in the summer so this was less hot than an HPS light any day. 3ed is that she grew from a seed that came from some very nice light green bricked buds, you could even still see some trich on it, and it gave a very nice relaxing buzz. so I planted one of the seeds and it grew very nice n green, then flowered it and it grew some nice flowers with only one lil hiccup during the flowering time.

And about the 17 hour high. that is 1000% true. I think it was a few too many hits from the volcano vaporizer all with in 15 minutes or so. when she was harvested there was some amber trich but the rest were cloudy.
also maybe I cant handle something that acts like a full sativa. Im hipper enough as it is even when not on anything. I usually smoke indicas or hybrids anyway.
also I was raised to never lie and now as an adult I don't lie.

plus I been smoken for around 15 and never felt high for that long. I think ill cure it for like 3-5+ months before token any more. also I only been using the vaporizer for a few months now. on the plus side I don't cough anymore when using the vapo.

hope this clears up the situation.

I must agree, they most everyone did approach it like a bunch of dick heads, Hey everyone wer are all fuking stoners, we should be happy and mellowed out, i dont get half of everyones replies with what htey are feeling lol (i think the fact they cant get high for 17 hours was enough to send the jealousy through the the roof).

But getting high for 17 hours straigh might be abit of a overkill (maybe you were feeling the after effects after the 8th hour!) cause its known for a fact that vaporizing does increase the high duration by atleast double, E.g. if you get high on a sativa for 3-4 hours when smoked, you would get high for about 6 - 8 hours on the same sativa if vaporized, its due to the slower absorption of THC/vaporized oils that adhere to your Lung wall as opposed to the Burnt/smoked THC/CBD oils, has something to do with the temperature it entres your lungs etc and the how dense/hot the smoke is, there has been scientific tests on it) but at the same time it would take way longer to get high when vaporizing as opposed to smoking (hence why vaporizing high last longer as it takes longer to climax with the same amount of bud)

But being high for 17 hours is not possible (thc does not take that long to get absorbed into your lungs, Smoke or vaporized), maybe if you hate a whole bunch of ganja cookies, Yes, it will take atleast 3 - 6 h ours to feel the full effects.

To conclude, you werent high for 17 hours, its impossible to be high for that long with the method you administrated the bud into your system, you were feeling the after effects and probably with teh combination of another substance (e.g alcohol is known to increase the duration of a MJ high)

Peace.

C

CannaBuilding

First time I got high it lasted a couple hours. But I could feel it the next day 24 hours later. Kind of a mild body effect.

That went away real quick though but if I have not been smoking for a long time I can still feel the after effects many hours later.

I remember the first time i got high, i had a ciggie the next day and felt the same/almost indentical high when i smoked the bud for the first time for a couple of minutes and then it diminished but a stoney/body feeling remained most of the day.

Really at the end of the day it boils down to each individuals physiology, and if they have built up a tolerance to THC/CBD/CBN etc, also every individual has a different ammount of CBD receptors distributed around their body, which means the same bud would effect someone else differently due to having different CBD receptors layout in there system, I've seen People vomit on the same Dab as opposed to other just coughing and having a hard time to breathe for the first 30 secs (Im talking extracts), this is due to the cbd receptors concetrated in different areas, Some might have more cbd receptors in the gut areas as opposed to others having more CBD receptors in their Head/neck/Lung/diaphram area (The Human Endocannabinoid System, google it and see the CBD1 CBD2 receptors distributed throught out the human body), it turns out overwieght people have more CBD receptors in there gut as opposed to naturally toned/fit people, GO FIGURE! (hence why overweight people have a natural MUNCHIES urge nearly most of hte day, to many CBD receptors in their gut area which are crying out for some loving E.g. Sugar/ and simple carbs.) Thats why smoking/vaping/ingesting pot is good for you, brings the ENDOCANNABOINOID system into balance, years of sugar/carb abuse on top of all that preservatives/additives which are in our foods have put a our endocannaboinoid systems out of wack.

Peace.

Last edited: