What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 Watt Vanilla Kush And OG Kush Grow

kindgrower

Ok, I haven't been on for a long time. I'm glad to be back. I thought I would open back up with a nice little 600 watt 4x4 grow tent run. This will be my first time growing in a tent. Also, My first go with these strains. All of the gear is new. I helped on a grow in Colorado and this was my reward. So, Here we go.

The Set Up:
Lighhts: Apollo Horticulture GLK600CT24E 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System Cool Tube Hood Set.

HPS Bulb:
92,000 lumens
Life Span 24,000 hrs
Shape ET18
Base E39 Mogul
Color Temp 2000k
Voltage 110v/6.2A
Color Index 20
Non insect luring

MH Bulb:
68,000lumens
LifeSpan 10,000 hrs
Shape TT76
Base E39 Mogul
Color temp 4200k
Voltage 110v/6.2a
Color Index 65
Non Insect luring

Ventilation:
x (2) VenTech DF6 6" inline Duct Fan 240 CFM
Deflecto A068/4 6-Inch Diameter by 8-Feet Semi-Rigid Flexible Aluminum Duct

Nutrients:
All FoxFarm, FoxFarm Soil Ocean Forest Organic Soil And Happy Frog.
Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
BioBizz-TopMax
Dolomite Pellets
Botanicare CAL-MAG
General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control

Ballast
Apollo Dimmable Digital 600 Watt 3 yr warranty
Dimmable to 50% 75% 100%
MH/HPS Compatible
Thermal protection
Short Circuit Protection
Open Circuit Protection
Ignition Faliure Protection
Op temp 22F - 122F

Beans:
Vanilla Kush Feminised
Breeder Barney's Farm
Genetics Kashmir X Afghan Kush
Variety Mostly Indica
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Sex Feminised
THC Content 22.00%
CBD Content 1.2%
Yield Indoor: 600 g/m2
Plant Height 60 - 70 cm (indoor)
Grows Greenhouse, Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time 60-65 days
Harvest Month end of September
Awards 2nd Prize Cannabis Cup HTCC 2009

OG Kush Feminised
Breeder Dinafem
Genetics Lemon Thai / Pakistani x ChemDawg
Variety Mostly Indica
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Sex Feminised
THC Content Very High
CBD Content Basso
Yield High
Plant Height Up to 3 metres
Grows Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time 55 days
Harvest Month until the end of October

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

That's a quick setup in a closet to test the light. It's shining down on some LifeSaver From BOG. The are a fav of mine to grow. Anyway. I'm awaiting FedEx right now. To bring the rest of the components, When they arrive, today. I'll be back with that setup. And pull this 600 grow together. Any advise, Is greatly appreciate. Hopefully we can make this a smooth fun run. Where we can all lean some new shit. See ya soon.

bmp420gti

I wish you all the best with the apollo ballast, I bought the same style kit about 2 months ago and had the ballast short out on me about 2 weeks in, they are very good at replacing them no questions asked but you still have to wait for it to arrive. The downside of mail order. Their ventech fans are pretty decent but were too loud for me I upgraded to some vortexes.

kindgrower

bmp420gti I find the fans to be to load too. I will by some new ones tonight. Security isn't an issue. But they are way loud.

I got the tent shortly after my first post. So, That's what I was doing, Putting this together. No complaints as of yet. Except for the fan.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Some Shots After setting up and getting another fedex delivery!!!! One more to go....Cant wait!!!

ganzas, Imm curious about the OG Kush too. I never grew it out before. Love the smoke though. We, till next time. Gonna go play with this stuff for awhile. Ill be back with some more photos!

Stay Safe, C2

bmp420gti

the apollo tents are actually really really nice the zippers are smooth and they are well made. The vortex fans are longer but they are way quieter I checked youtube sound clips from a bunch of different fans, they are a little pricey but well worth it for the noise. Your new setup is looking good.

kindgrower

Hey, bmp420gti. Im super happy with the Apollo, Nice and dark. The fans I have though are annoying. But work good. I bought a new Hydrofram Vortex 6" 449 CFM, 1.2A, 136w
picture.php

Last night on Amazon for $151.00 see how that is. Everything else is good so far. Waiting for the Vanilla Kush to get here, than it's on.

Temps got up a little last night, So I ran a piece of duct from my a/c vent into the tent to check the change. Of course a big difference, but not pleasing to the eye.

picture.php

I'm not worried about security, I have the place to myself. But I do have OCD And Well, I dont mind the duct to the tent, If I keep it, I'll connect properly.

Temps are good, I fed small dose ff grow Big and Big Bloom PH 6.0 To the OGkush, They seem to like, Also had half dose CalMag.

picture.php

I did mix in a bag of HappyFrog, With The FFOF, Thought, it might be to hot for the seedlings, but they seem to like it. Till next time... C2

bmp420gti

For like 20 dollars more you can get the super quiet S line vortex fan which is a lot quieter than anything around. I run one with a fan speed controller and I barely hear it unless its running full throttle.

Your duct setup is good but remember it will only cool when the AC is on, ice packs are kind of ghetto but work to keep the temps down in a tent, a humidifier also can lower it a few degrees overall.

kindgrower

For like 20 dollars more you can get the super quiet S line vortex fan which is a lot quieter than anything around. I run one with a fan speed controller and I barely hear it unless its running full throttle.

Your duct setup is good but remember it will only cool when the AC is on, ice packs are kind of ghetto but work to keep the temps down in a tent, a humidifier also can lower it a few degrees overall.

Yo Ill check into that fan.. I still have a few thousand budget left on this. im considering, keeping the ac as a fresh air intake. works great should i fan up on that a/c intake for boost? it blows strong now.
I just got this through Amazon for $199.97
picture.php

Vortex S-Line Ultra Quiet Fan 8" 728 CFM

Double insulated wall to prevent condensation and reduce noise level
Integrated Backdraft Damper to prevent air leakage when the extractor is not operating
Mounting bracket designed for quick and easy installation
The motor is 100% speed controllable, highly efficient, has low power consumption, and is built with permanently lubricated ball bearings and thermal overload protection
Rubber gasket to ensure air tight and vibration-free duct connection

Be Here Tuesday. be better than the hydrofarm Vortex 6" 449 CFM?

kindgrower

Thanks bro. I was considering useing the 8" on thop of the the at the 8

' vent where i have the ac coming in. temps closed up now 75 degrees and 27% hum could sleep in there.

kindgrower

Ill use this Vortex S-Line Ultra Quiet Fan 6" 347 CFM to cool the tube. than ill have two VenTech DF6 6" inline Duct Fan 240 CFM left over .. hmmm

bmp420gti

Check the HVAC thread on here, you will need ducting and one fan to exhaust the tent itself, you can use the other as an intake fan for the tent but remember to use speed controllers and set the intake one slower than the exhaust. I tried that setup for mine and found just one exhaust fan and open intakes worked better for cooling it.

kindgrower

I have two speed controllers, so im good there. I was thinking the same one for my fresh ac air intake, and exhaust through the other side. temps are great now

kindgrower

Okay, I got 2 Feminized MasterKush Beans from a friend, I added to the garden this morning.

So when the Vanilla Kush pop they'll, be 12 plants total. Everything's Going good. so far, temps are great, with the added A/C Intake.

So, the new fans and beans will be here Tuesday. These Apollo tents are so nice and cheap, I'm thinking of getting another one, to run my hydro gear. Just high and brain storming.

Till Later, Stay Safe And Lifted. C2

kindgrower

A few more additions two mystery beans from a bag of dank and 4 BOG Lifesaver So, with the OG Kush And Vanilla Kush got a few going. gotta sex everything but the Master Kush, Vanilla Kush and the OG Kush. So, not sure how many we gonna wind up with Got another room if need be.

Temps are great with the added A/C Vent

C2

kindgrower

bmp420gti, I have a plan. Going outside with most just keeping 6 in the first tent. Vanilla Kush And Og kUSH. I can scrog the others in the other4x4 tent. in a hydro setup.

Getting close.. Have 5 more germing now. be a lil busy till I weed out the males. All Kush are feminized.

kindgrower

Alright FedEx.. just got my fans.

I'm gonna use the 8" to pull from the A/C venting blow across my tube. and the others as exhaust? I still have all the other fans i can use in the other Apollo tent.. anyway, getting closer.

All the other beans popped, so i dropped em a min ago..

Stay Safe And Lifted, C2

bmp420gti

Im sure you will like the S line, its a pretty badass fan I run my 6 inch 24/7 with no problems it runs smooth and quiet. Your tent is filling up nice :)