What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Greensome virtually passes the Sensi Star

Greensome

Come in, pull up a chair, take a puff. I'm reviewing a strain that has proven to be elusive to me for some time now.

However, I was fortunate enough to find a dispensary here in Colorado offering small amounts. Truth be told, I much prefer home grown cannabis to dispensary products, especially here in Colorado. However, with this being a strain being widespread mostly in Europe, with little mention of it here, I figured it was worth a shot.

What originally got me interested in Sensi Star was my introduction to Deathstar. I have long been a fan of Sour D and its offspring, and Deathstar had me curious about the Sensi Star component.

sensistartgs1_zps15ccd500.jpg

Having said that, I obtained 1/4 ounce to give it a go. At first, I was disappointed. The buds appeared slightly dense, but still very light. Crystallization is apparent, but nowhere near many of the other strains boasting the same potency.

This particular sample was lab tested at 20.1% which seems very high for this strain.

The flower is mostly unremarkable. Light green and a few amber hairs throughout. Grinder optional.

When inhaling, I notice a bit of burn, like a harsh, uncured smoke. But upon exhale one can notice strong overtones of wood and Earth with a bit of spiciness. Sensi Star has a very distinct and strong cannabis flavor and that's just it; it doesn't taste like something else. It tastes strongly of cannabis, if that makes sense.

I smoked about 1/2 gram (very high tolerance here), and was pleasantly surprised at the effects, which had me thinking that I could take or leave smoking another bowl. She does creep a bit, about five to ten minutes. What follows is a very happy and relaxed but surprisingly, not couchlocked high.

She comes on slow, lifts the spirits, but then relaxes. Unlike a lot of heavy hitters, there is no raciness, nervousness, narcoplepsy, and I never felt that the strain was overpowering or imposing on my senses. Having said that, she is versatile. She can be a daytime smoke for an active person, but she also can bring the sleep for someone trying to sleep.

Sensi Star is not my preferred, favorite strain, but I would never turn it down. She is always welcome, and I wouldn't hesitate to share with a new smoker. That's not to say it isn't for more heavy smokers; she is capable of bringing the potency, and provides an uplifting, floaty feeling that would be hard for anyone to draw issue with.

3.8/5

guy fawkes

Veteran
nice report mate, since paradise altered the make up of her slightly several years ago she isnt the absurdly potent smah your face in day ending indica she used to be. i miss her greatly :(