What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chat?

3BM

Can someone explain how to access chat? I cant seem to find any reference to it in the help. Many talk about it, but few describe how to access it.

TraneRek

I have enough posts, and I've gotten into it before at another location.. So idk why, but when I try and get into the chat here it says this:

Could not connect to www.icmag.com:6667.

Possible reasons include:

- The chat server system at www.icmag.com is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.icmag.com on port 6667.

I've made sure my java and mozilla are up to date, and allowed it on my firewall on port 6667, but still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
turn your firewall off for a few minutes and try to come join us.... if that works, u need to forward that port, or the way u set it isnt working correctly.

im guessing u have restarted ur computer after updating java/firefox?

TraneRek

Yes, I've restarted after the updates. I also just tried it w/ my firewall off and it still didn't work..

It did work on this computer at a different location, but I still can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for the suggestions

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chat is not working right now i have let website support know

Dr. G

so you guys seen the movie the grand?

its helarious

i dunno what i was thinking at the time when i made this perticular design but i was under the influence of cocane and herion and marijuana and lsd and mushrooms and some extacy but you know sometimes you get that coctail just right its like BOOM!
-woody harrolson

Latest posts

Latest posts